Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by FlippingChickens View Post
    i never said it was good,kids swear ima pull off some msk shit with only very little experience painting,ive probably only done like 10 peices..probably less..and freak my painted throwy would rape your throwy on paper, so stfu or battle..and pleasedontstayr you have been writing for only 4 months,dont get cocky with yourself toy, i have done more work than you in 1 week..real talk you people are on some fag shit,especially u freak talking about how u will hunt be down ur a fuckin clown
    tofe real shit, you've been part of this site since nov 2008 and your progression looks like you started writing last month....you've listened to ONEof the tips i gave you since you've been on the site. you suck. you show no progression and whenever people try to give you honest crits you act like a little bitch. now im not trying to be a dick but honestly graff just might not be your thing. everytime you post you look like your trying SUPER hard. so either start over simple, and by simple i mean thats all you do. not going back to simples for a week then posting more of that whack ass style saying you got simples down. or you can just quit graff. real shit man.
    Fuck off.

crits?

tofe-
    lose the random shit at the ends of your bars all the connections and all the random bends
    Parking spaces are just like woman.. The good ones are always taken, so when no one is looking, slip into a disabled one

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Fuck the Tot Black Books thread, the majority of you guys don't give decent crits, since none of you know what is right about it.. fuck man. Alright, I'll do it right now.
    CareGr: Your crew is really called "Vandal Kids?" Oh wow. The character is overly generic, not to mention ugly. And wtf is up with his teeth? the letters are alright, except for that S, and those cans are hideous. If you're doing something simple, at least make it clean.
    drOping: That's wack. You're getting way too ahead of yourself, and you don't understand proper letter structure yet. That background's pink cracks are pretty sick though. Go simpler.
    Flask, your bar thickness is way off in most of those letters, and you should learn how to draw an uppercase R. Also, the E should overlap the Z, not the other way around. Best thing on the page though.

Tofe, you should quit graffiti. Because you suck. and you have a big head.
    No More Weekly Toy Battles.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

lol, i've seen this happen before.
    like people writting for mad long without progression at all or only a tad bit if any.
    i personally think the people that are like that don't know what to practice specifically, and that's what immobilizes them in terms of skill.
    people need to learn what to practice or else they'll never progress, in my opinion.
    GET YOUR BARS UP.

iv said this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times
    practice letters
    letters only
    not peices not fills not arrows not anything but letters

lots and lots and lots of letters.

Quote Originally Posted by RES4 View Post
    crits?

tofe-
    lose the random shit at the ends of your bars all the connections and all the random bends
    bootom page
    Parking spaces are just like woman.. The good ones are always taken, so when no one is looking, slip into a disabled one

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Default Good shit...

Quote Originally Posted by gumOnShoe View Post
    lol, i've seen this happen before.
    like people writting for mad long without progression at all or only a tad bit if any.
    i personally think the people that are like that don't know what to practice specifically, and that's what immobilizes them in terms of skill.
    people need to learn what to practice or else they'll never progress, in my opinion.
    This is so write... Also they need to learn the roots and appreciate graffiti art for what it is because without the love for it you will lose motivation without motivation you will not have any progress in your skills as a artist.

Quote Originally Posted by CrustOner View Post
    Fuck the Tot Black Books thread, the majority of you guys don't give decent crits, since none of you know what is right about it.. fuck man. Alright, I'll do it right now.
    CareGr: Your crew is really called "Vandal Kids?" Oh wow. The character is overly generic, not to mention ugly. And wtf is up with his teeth? the letters are alright, except for that S, and those cans are hideous. If you're doing something simple, at least make it clean.
    Thanks for the crit, and I'm sorry but the crew name is nothing I have any control over.
    First of all, the crew's been around since 2003-2004 (I didn't start before recently though) and they've been getting up a bit, so it would be pointless to not keep going with it. It could also be called "Vestkyst" which basically means Westcoast in norwegian.

Anyways, thanks for the crit, and the char is being modified, that was just a quick sketch.

Finished version will be up tommorow.
    The cans are just a quick outline of what they're going to be too.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Post moar pix pl0x

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

No More Weekly Toy Battles.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks for the criticism, I know that I have some what of simples down.
    I'm kind of just experimenting, but i will take your thoughts into consideration.

Slek: I'd say that you have the whole "keeping proportionate bars" portion of simples down. However, you've got no flow on the sketches I've seen from you. As I've said before, you've got all of the designs and colors down, and that's all fine and good, but the letters are what matter the most. Keep away from those awkward bends and work on developing a relative flow between your letters.
    Crust: Lovin' your characs dude. Nice work.
    Asper: I think you're onto something with the top sketch, but watch the sizes of your letters- looks like they get smaller as they go. As far as the bottom one goes, I'd avoid connecting your letters like that for now.

And it's been forever since I've posted sketches, but I've been practicing on girls' names on Facebook, so might as well post 'em up, huh? Comments are appreciated as always...

Oh, and preach Crust!! Lol, I agree, this thread has become WAY too inexperienced. Get better people!
    Last edited by b SQUARED 08; 05-02-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thumbs up Yo

Those are some dope ass characters in your sketch bro! I like how they all want a piece of that mic and dude is givin' them a chance to rock
    Last edited by MoganOne; 05-02-2010 at 11:08 PM.

the j needs some work
    came up with it in about 3 minutes
    really diggin the c
    crits

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

that says jog and stop cutting off your letters
    Fuck off.

crits? not a fan of the y.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTHEICE View Post
    are poster paints good for black books
    Quote Originally Posted by Zase View Post
    nope they wont work

you can only make posters with them
    but hey, look at me, I'm deciding to be the nice guy and tell you why you should shut the fuck up. .
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL View Post
    just try not to get raped by vd infested homeless persons. trust me... i would know.

my favorite of all the others you posted ^

i like the s im not really feelin the y tho

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Lightbulb Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by pleasedontstayr View Post

crits? not a fan of the y.
    The letters I like the most are the T and the A all the other letters are hurrting... I agree the Y is really off and does not fit. The R need more shape and structure because you got that bitch looking like a awkward A lol... I also noticed your shadow is off. Try making all the edges going one way or even picture a vanishing point. It should maake it look a lot cleaner bro trust me.
    I can see that you are working with a permanent marker, I would suggest a pencil first.

yeah thats probably the worst S ive ever done haha. im sketching in pencil and outlining later, for visibility. but overall thanks for the crit,

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTHEICE View Post
    are poster paints good for black books
    Quote Originally Posted by Zase View Post
    nope they wont work

you can only make posters with them
    but hey, look at me, I'm deciding to be the nice guy and tell you why you should shut the fuck up. .
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL View Post
    just try not to get raped by vd infested homeless persons. trust me... i would know.

I'm not good at piecing but I'm learning haha

and that s is the best letter in that piece

B squared your shits dope
    Quote Originally Posted by the cannabis evangelist View Post
    cum to my trailer park an call juggalos gay,
    every motherfucker whos down with the clown will stomp ur ass