Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Something new

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

fresk intermediate thread
    I dont write, you dont know me.

hey man you cant make that shit up, everyone's gonna approve before you can make him to the intermediate thread :\

in other words looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zookyook View Post
    aspek u in chitown??? i cant see too much influence in ur sketch besides the A and the separate bar in the P... id like to see something from u that doesnt flare out at the bottom, like all ur letters always are thin on top and thick on the bottom, switch it up and maybe ull like what comes out...
    no im from the mecca of hip hop aka belfast

by switching it up you mean using straight bars or flaring at the top?
    Last edited by RES4; 07-20-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Fresker, that belongs in the Intermediate thread.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

FRESK... tasty.
    I think id only suggest that maybe you be careful not to let the letters merge together too much? The letters are real nice but theyre gettin cramped, particularly on the second one..

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

jus realized how i screwed up the 3d... knew somethin was wrong with the 3d but here it is the long waited simple (cheer clap be happy).... not rlly

jus thought i could make ma stuff look better with this...

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f8f91b2e3b4c682128764

Quote Originally Posted by extinct View Post
    tried actually using bars for once... ya i know im really retarded... didnt come out to bad

ya i erase alot.. an i cant draw lightly... so...
    you dont get much love because its gay... it did turn out bad. concentrate on your letters. and all that stuff hiphop lives blabla rap is dying blablabla my heart bleeds because the decay of culture (which youve never really experienced from what i can tell) all that crap makes you look way too gay to give love.

the char isnt that bad though except his can control

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by lord_plankton View Post
    the char isnt that bad though except his can control
    i lol'd irl

Quote Originally Posted by markingz. View Post
    fuck you zen
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaksOne View Post
    Fighting wont help you get better at graffiti.
    "Misconceptions and assumptions are the breeding ground for ignorance"

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by -Empty-Can- View Post
    i lol'd irl
    I did as well.
    If there is hope, it lies in the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by testing. View Post
    Only one of them in my pics was a bathroom. I figured why not.
    And I'm so hardcore, the door didn't even have a lock on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    the other day I saw a giant dick that someone painted across an entire fucknig house top to bottom, that was the shit.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by extinct View Post
    EQS Man... maybe im playin devils advocate here, so to speak, but....
    Maybe you should give up on letters altogether and be a character writer? Its obvious that youre way more interested in that kinda shit.
    Ive certainly known some people in my time who just do crazy characters and murals but dont bother with pieces much, just a couple handstyles here and there...
    If you were to do that though, would be best to move away from cliche hiphop shit...

Talking Blackbook efforts

Hey guys, Im fairly new to this. Heres some pages from my blackbook. Id really appreciate some honest (and detailed if possible) feedback.
    Please ignore any crowns and or words saying king. I know Im still a toy.
    I do need help with my colours but some of the ones here are cause Im low on pens. But I have found a great 'supplier' so Im slowly building up my collection.
    And obviously on some of the black & white pics the 'colours' are just bleed through.
    Also ignore notes such as 'done on cap' or 'cycle helmet'. I customise clothes so those are for my reference.

I write Cuban or C75.

And I havent gone through the whole sticker thread but does anyone know where to get free stickers in the UK? Apart from racking them obviously.

Last edited by Ronathon; 07-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.

my N needs some lovin for you critters out there

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

[/QUOTE]EQS Man... maybe im playin devils advocate here, so to speak, but....
    Maybe you should give up on letters altogether and be a character writer? Its obvious that youre way more interested in that kinda shit.
    Ive certainly known some people in my time who just do crazy characters and murals but dont bother with pieces much, just a couple handstyles here and there...
    If you were to do that though, would be best to move away from cliche hiphop shit...[/QUOTE]
    tru dat... good idea tho... jus a whole lot a dinosaurs around vancity seems pretty dope... gunna try stencils an some slaps

yo cuban the one with wings is dope
    Last edited by DukeOne; 07-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f8f91b2e3b4c682128764

cuban_ hey man you have some solid stuff, all kinda retro LA status.
    prea_ saw you other stuff, liek that KEEN much better. fucking love that blocky shit, you gotta roller that on a wall. i think your N needs a slightly thinner diagonal bar, maybe dont bring it all the way to the bottom of the right bar.

any words of wisdom, chapos? 3d is not perfect.
    Last edited by mexico; 07-20-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sezer View Post
    rekt: nice work, better then probably what I could do, but Fix the top of the T, watch the letter's width because i think it could totally mess you up

extinct: wtf?

baron: nice fucking work, simply dope.

weakfingers: same message I gave baron.

2FNK?: start with straight lines, I used to do this until i realized it was shit because I just put random bumps outta no where. Try SUPOZ just like that then advance from there.

anyways, crits?

I know the height isnt exactly straight, i'm super tired but an urge to do this
    vbump

That shit on the S and R is unnecessary, the hole in the E too.

that keen up there would make a straight roller, or like a big ass spot

Another sketch for a friend of mine:

NosE2: work on it, especially the E, it looks really weird with the middle bar close to the top like that but I really like the 1st one you posted. i'm talking about the 2nd post.

lost_is_getting_up: work on it man, start simple for now and then advance from time to time, then you can start adding shit to your letters.

lost_is_getting_up: <just another one.... any comment? -SNIP-> basically what I said for your 1st one. but in conclusino you need to start simple bro and advance from other writers but dont bite them. that's the only way you'll get better and you're putting alot of hard effort in your work then alot of us says that it is ugly.

kelsey: pretty nice, I'd fix up that L and aswell with the S. not really feeling it but yeah.

anyways here is my piece, crits?

crits?
    Last edited by sezer; 07-21-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Prea
    The K is obviously in front of the other letters as told by the 3d and overlap but then the other letters, especially the second E, look like they are just next to each other. You could try angling the bottom bar of the E's. That would give more opportunity for the shadow to do the same as the K. I know that would possibly mean switching up the E's altogether but try it. Make the diagonal bar of the N like the top diagonal bar of the K. So it mirrors it a bit. It will also make the N a bit thinner.

@Mexico
    I like it but theres something that just looks wrong with the 3D on that bar coming down. And tbh Im not sure what. It may just be the way youve shaded it. Even the pencil lines tell a story and add direction that may be unintended. (Can you tell I went to art school lol)

@B Squared
    Lovin that Kelsey! Good colour work.

@Sezer
    I agree about those unnecessary bits. Especially just having the one hole on the last pic there. Id make the letters a bit more bold (they seem to thin out a bit at the bottom) and bring that green colour higher so it looks like an equaliser. But thats just me lol. Id def bring them higher tho. The colours on the shadow need changing up. I think the gray (?) needs to be darker. Try going over it with the red already on there, I think it might work. Im rubbish at doing that style on shadow tbh. I need to work on it mself.
    Last edited by Ronathon; 07-21-2010 at 02:48 AM.