Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Quote Originally Posted by sezer View Post
    rekt: nice work, better then probably what I could do, but Fix the top of the T, watch the letter's width because i think it could totally mess you up

extinct: wtf?

baron: nice fucking work, simply dope.

weakfingers: same message I gave baron.

2FNK?: start with straight lines, I used to do this until i realized it was shit because I just put random bumps outta no where. Try SUPOZ just like that then advance from there.

anyways, crits?

I know the height isnt exactly straight, i'm super tired but an urge to do this
    vbump

That shit on the S and R is unnecessary, the hole in the E too.

that keen up there would make a straight roller, or like a big ass spot

Another sketch for a friend of mine:

NosE2: work on it, especially the E, it looks really weird with the middle bar close to the top like that but I really like the 1st one you posted. i'm talking about the 2nd post.

lost_is_getting_up: work on it man, start simple for now and then advance from time to time, then you can start adding shit to your letters.

lost_is_getting_up: <just another one.... any comment? -SNIP-> basically what I said for your 1st one. but in conclusino you need to start simple bro and advance from other writers but dont bite them. that's the only way you'll get better and you're putting alot of hard effort in your work then alot of us says that it is ugly.

kelsey: pretty nice, I'd fix up that L and aswell with the S. not really feeling it but yeah.

anyways here is my piece, crits?

crits?
    Last edited by sezer; 07-21-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Prea
    The K is obviously in front of the other letters as told by the 3d and overlap but then the other letters, especially the second E, look like they are just next to each other. You could try angling the bottom bar of the E's. That would give more opportunity for the shadow to do the same as the K. I know that would possibly mean switching up the E's altogether but try it. Make the diagonal bar of the N like the top diagonal bar of the K. So it mirrors it a bit. It will also make the N a bit thinner.

@Mexico
    I like it but theres something that just looks wrong with the 3D on that bar coming down. And tbh Im not sure what. It may just be the way youve shaded it. Even the pencil lines tell a story and add direction that may be unintended. (Can you tell I went to art school lol)

@B Squared
    Lovin that Kelsey! Good colour work.

@Sezer
    I agree about those unnecessary bits. Especially just having the one hole on the last pic there. Id make the letters a bit more bold (they seem to thin out a bit at the bottom) and bring that green colour higher so it looks like an equaliser. But thats just me lol. Id def bring them higher tho. The colours on the shadow need changing up. I think the gray (?) needs to be darker. Try going over it with the red already on there, I think it might work. Im rubbish at doing that style on shadow tbh. I need to work on it mself.
    Last edited by Ronathon; 07-21-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Misoe!
    BS6 UK

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by RES4 View Post
    by switching it up you mean using straight bars or flaring at the top?
    either or... i just meant avoiding the flare at the bottom, u could do either one and itd be different

and i asked if u were in chicago cuz i saw the xmen piece that u were taking influence from, i thought u actually TOOK that picture not just took it from the net haha

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by PREA672 View Post

my N needs some lovin for you critters out there
    N's tend to look best when you got two thick verticals with a skinny diagonal

tofe_ yes! man keep workin' on it, good progression. that gumwad piece needs wallspace if you clean up your T, and maybe chop off the little top nubbin.

misoe_ I like both of these, they have merit but I feel liek your getting distracted by details. The I in your first one could be just a rectangle, with no dot, anyway it needs a little tweaking. I do not liek how your second M gets smaller on the bottom. love that "fresh gang" lettering, under the second one.

seyr_ get those letters nice and consistent and you will have a great starting point. once you've got a few sketches of those and all the bars are pretty even you can start to think on how you want to warp them.

b squared_ dude, sooo retro i almost didn't like it, then i realized it was mad clean and the steez was all consistent, thumbs up.

tofe- i like the top siple up on the first one a lot and i think the second one would look a lot better if you do straight letters and keep the pink O as is, i see you getting better with those two styles

misoe- i dig everything on the first one except the i, looks a little squished in, and the character on the second is straight.

just eating shit with letters, got bored of my tag trying to create a new one, help me with crits pleaaaase..

@Misoe
    I like the character. Def need to work on my characters.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by shore 616 View Post

Misoe!
    Not bad. Nice handstyles, and nice character. Keep working at those pieces and we'll probably be seeing you in the Intermediate thread sometime soon.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

something i need help with...tryin to figure out what im gunna put on a 24x30 canvas...as ma summer art proj.
    Misoe-nice drips on the first one they'r dope

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f8f91b2e3b4c682128764

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

q

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f8f91b2e3b4c682128764

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

that piece is terrible. introduce yourself to simples. and make your sig smaller. thats fucking annoying
    Fuck off.

damn leaks..haha

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

we gota stop beating around the bush.
    Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by extinct View Post
    something i need help with...tryin to figure out what im gunna put on a 24x30 canvas...as ma summer art proj.
    Misoe-nice drips on the first one they'r dope
    you know if thats for school they would probably think its amazing

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

all the kids are guna jock him haha. everybodies guna ask him to do their name. lulz

HOLY SHIT THE MOON HAS SKI GOGGLES AND A PAINT RESPIRATOR ON!!!!1!! THAT IS SO HXC
    Last edited by LeaksOne; 07-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Fuck off.