Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hey, first two tries from simps to pulling and getting my own style

what you guys think

A LOT better than what you were postin' before mang.
    Now you understand what these guys are sayin' 'bout stayin' way simple?
    It's not that your shit wasn't simple, it was that it lacked structure.

Even though in graff you fuck wit' letters and make 'em look crazy,
    they still gotta have structure, otherwise they just look like some bunk ass illegible shit.
    It's also the reason why a crazy ass piece that most people can't read
    can be read by those who know how graff works.

Your next step would be to spend an absurd amount of time practicing that shit.
    Develop your own style. Pull the letters whichever way feels natural to you.
    You can refer to other people's letters and pieces,
    just make sure you maintain the letter structure.

Once you master that you can move on to crazier shit.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by WoRdSmYtH View Post
    A LOT better than what you were postin' before mang.
    Now you understand what these guys are sayin' 'bout stayin' way simple?
    It's not that your shit wasn't simple, it was that it lacked structure.

Even though in graff you fuck wit' letters and make 'em look crazy,
    they still gotta have structure, otherwise they just look like some bunk ass illegible shit.
    It's also the reason why a crazy ass piece that most people can't read
    can be read by those who know how graff works.

Your next step would be to spend an absurd amount of time practicing that shit.
    Develop your own style. Pull the letters whichever way feels natural to you.
    You can refer to other people's letters and pieces,
    just make sure you maintain the letter structure.

Once you master that you can move on to crazier shit.
    Thanks man, I can tell what you guys ment, I was doing too much things to the words so it was distracting it from the point of the wrod. And Yeah I'm gunna be spending at least a month or two on just getting my own style down, I really think it's gunna come out pretty good, only problem is that O's and P's are pretty awkward to me to right, I'm gunna see what SNT looks like tomorrow

tried skinnier letters

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Syfer- I like your skinnier shit a little bit better, keept it up, nice form.

hey, heres a quick bomb i drew (it still needs a lot of work! ). it took me 5 mins. I'm dedicating this to my cousin who died back in 06 ( te-jay ). anything I can do to improve this? thanks

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

[IMG][/IMG]
    “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successful personality an duplicate it.”

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

critzz???:P
    quote : FREAKING RACK IT!!! YOU ARE 11 AND CRAFTY AND FAST, SO RACK YOUR PAINT SON! STORES ARE TOO FAR? RIDE YOUR BIKE SON, IF YOU GOT LOVE FOR THIS SHIT YOU WILL GET PAINT AT ANY COST!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

It looks good, but I don't like the dots. Also, the "O" is just kind of annoying. The crack, the size, the line coming from the top. Also, the 3D is a bit inconsistent. Other then that, it's pretty great.

And I hate to rain on your parade SECH, but I'm not sure why everyone is biggin' that shit up. I must be in a bad mood or something but I see room for a lot of improvement. I know it's supposed to be SECH but all I see is SG(or A)ER, and a big ass empty space between the first and second letter. Not hatin', wicked style for sure, just wonderin' if I'm the only one that's got some crits on it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for crits appreciate it ,it says saer though.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Sziv you should totallly revamp your hand
    If there is hope, it lies in the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by testing. View Post
    Only one of them in my pics was a bathroom. I figured why not.
    And I'm so hardcore, the door didn't even have a lock on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    the other day I saw a giant dick that someone painted across an entire fucknig house top to bottom, that was the shit.

Default Geko

Just got back into, so i thought posting here would be good for now.
    Attached Images     

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by WoRdSmYtH View Post
    @ Ghostwriter. I'm feelin' that HERSTE shit, but I agree with whoever about the bars of the 'T' comin' into each other. And I know you said it was for a battle or whatever, but that NOVA looks wack IMO.

... Some skipped txt...

I know it's supposed to be SECH but all I see is SG(or A)ER,
    Firstly, it blatantly says saer, and if you think it says sech, here's a link, http://www.specsavers.co.uk

Secondly, you gave ghostwriter credit for copying wgones pic and writing bonkerssss after it,

And geko: last one looks teal niice man, e's rockin
    Last edited by dangeri; 10-13-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added txt

YEA i know
    im BALLin out goin bonkers so killlar like concreteits bangin

Yea yo

Yea yo

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

First day of pulling and stuff

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

That disturbed is mucho improvement on what iv seen from u bud, good shit! Sharpen it up with ink, and finish it off,

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by dangeri View Post
    That disturbed is mucho improvement on what iv seen from u bud, good shit! Sharpen it up with ink, and finish it off,
    Thanks, it's my favorite except for the B. Was my first time every writing a B.

@ SECH. My bad, man. I had it up in my head you were writin' SECH 'cause the piece was four letters startin' with an 'S', haha. Like I said it looked like SG(or A)ER to me, so I should have realized you wern't writin' SECH. All good. Like I said, diggin' the style, but I still think you should do something about that space between the 'S' and the 'A'.

@ DANGERI. As I said above, I saw SG(or A)ER in SECH's piece, so don't act like I can't read the shit with your "blantantly" comment, especially when SECH cleared it up for me already. Simple mistake mang. As for givin' ghostwriter credit, another simple mistake, I was in a hurry. Thanks for pointin' that one out though. I'll fix that shit up in a min..

Aaaand, some critz for GHOSTWRITER: Awful... Sorry man, just my opinion. First off somethin' is horribly wrong with the main bar on your 'B'. Second, I'd get rid of the arrows or whatever's floatin' around - I don't think they contribute anything at all to the piece. Also, your 'S' is way too small. IMO it should be about the same size as the rest of the letters. Last but not least, something needs to be done with the flares you've got coming off your letters, especially the 'E'. My advice would be to curve some of the lines throughout the piece to give it more shape as a whole, then to try and pull the flares in a way that contributes to the flow of the piece's shape. As far as your bubble letters go, I'm not very good at those, but I know what you've got goin' on there isn't workin' at all. I don't mind the 'A' though.

@ EXI. Keep it up mang. Along with pulling the length of the bars, trying pull the width and tapering them.

@ GECKO. I like what you've got goin' on there. My advice would be to work on your 'G's though. They don't seem up to par with the rest of your letters.

@ MOGAN. That shit is dope. No critz from me, haha.
    Last edited by WoRdSmYtH; 10-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.