Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

I think it's the next step he should be aiming for if he wants to add a bit of style to his letters. It's not hard, it just takes a bit of tweaking and a bit of practice to understand what kind of curves and what kind of angles look right.

Instead of keeping everthing square, try and angle stuff a little. Instead of ending bars in a square, try and cut them off a little into a point. Don't go crazy, just make tiny little subtle changes, it can change the look of your letters dramatically.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yo rewl like i said i gave you the ok to write it. but dont get cocky about it dude. that may be innappropriate as fuck, and im sorry i came off that way. But yea write it man i honestly dont care. doubt i will ever get really up anyway. here's some shit i stumbled across from february ish.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I can't see the E or W in the third picture. Your 3D was okay at the top, you still need to practice though.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

here you go for clarification.....ha i know shit is wack, im workinnnn on itttt.

heres some shit i was tryin this morning but too hungover to finish

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah zewl i aint gunna get cocky at all, your way above my skill with paint so i could never burn you for ego and im not that type of person so. and i love that second picture, that would be a killer roller in my opinion or a killer signature to a piece
    you said work on fills phat

and im working on something that seems pretty good to me, takin around an hour to draw so hopefully you guys like it, ill post when im done.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

your gettin there, and at a good pace homie. just keep workin on the w. and your pretty much better at 3d in 3 weeks then i have been in years, haha so good for you. one suggestion tho, instead of connectin them all close like that? try spacin em out a little, anglin em a bit, makes that 3d pop a lot more.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by NosE2 View Post
    your gettin there, and at a good pace homie. just keep workin on the w. and your pretty much better at 3d in 3 weeks then i have been in years, haha so good for you. one suggestion tho, instead of connectin them all close like that? try spacin em out a little, anglin em a bit, makes that 3d pop a lot more.
    yeah i usally have gaps between them and that, but I just made them as bland as I can so i can work on the filling sort of you know? and it was to learn the "boxes" the letters stay in so the letters dont get bigger than one another
    okay finished it..
    heres one without highlights (just incase i messed them up)

and heres with highlights (to me they look good but im a toy )

crits please!!!
    Last edited by EXI; 11-08-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

You're missing a few highlights, a part of the W's 3D is a little messy and the R is fatter than the rest.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

and make all your highlights shine from the same side, like for ex. your highlights are shining on both the left and right side of the R while they're shining only on the right side of the EWL. so just pick one side and think to yourself which parts would have light on them if u shone a light from one specific angle. same principle goes to shadows if you're having trouble with them (which I doubt since you got basic knowledge of your 3D)
    but yeah like zewl said, ure progressing fast. keep it up buddy
    props on the wave fill too

who's down for a nice full color piece exchange or battle ?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks for crits guys!! ill make sure to fix those things and phat with highlights im confused. someone said do it opposite of 3d so thats why its like that..

exi, pick a point on the paper and consider it your light source, any leading lines that are exposed to that light source would get the highlight.
    right side upper light source= any upper bar lines or right ones would get a highlight
    top light source= any line exposed from the top but none of the side bars
    and so on. try different ones and you will see the difference.
    example of right side highlighting

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ooo okay boom slang thanks.. so is this better?

Rewl - looking better
    Zewl - a little too much wild not enough style on that one pic the rest are okay, but try improving them more

In with the new shit out with the old shit, there is a lot of detail in the karak, but the pic is pretty small, I'll try to finish it up soon. crits please?
    Attached Images  

highlights looking better bud but basic structure still needs a bit of work. try to keep all bars the same width and consistent.
    example bottom right of the r is a bit thinner than the rest of the letter.
    bottom of the e is thinner than the top
    careful on the 3d, would prolly leave it out for a bit till structure is a bit better but to crit whats there so you see the flaws...
    all letters look to have bottom left 3d except the L..where is the 3d on the lower bit of it?
    not saying things to be a prick bud but you have to train yourself to see the errors and correct them before they are in ink or paint in order to improve

vini, need a bigger pic to crit bud

yeah I know one sec

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

someone said do it opposite of 3d
    someone didnt know wht dey were talkin bout
    Last edited by Phat 2; 11-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Do it opposite of the SHADOW.
    Or the three dee.
    Fuck, do it wherever.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks for the comments guys

Default dajah

i drew this for a friend
    Attached Images