Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

No, you are a toy.. That's really bad.
    You both need to do simples and bars.
    Bite yo' keyboard.

How is that "really bad"? i know its not the best but at least pretty damn decent.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

example- go simple and use bars before trying to that shit.,.. only thing thats "decent" about it is the fill and highlights...
    lost- START SIMPLE!
    repost for moar crits...
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

well since theres clearly nothing good about the word, can some crit the character in it?

Quote Originally Posted by swlost13 View Post

what should i add to this? it feels kinda "empty" if you know what i mean. im not talking colors, but like what should add around it? like bubbles and shit

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^hahahahaha got em!!!!!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

lost- total bite first of alll... and your charac is aight not the best but not bad

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

"Lost" is lost in the sauce

Hey I did these awhile ago I'd just like a little input on how to improve or tweak my style.
    Attached Images      

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i like mostly everything on those, except the letters. like the colors are dope, and all the shit thats goin on like chainsaw stop sign etc look good, but i cant read the letters

Inked an old sketch. Need Feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    i like mostly everything on those, except the letters. like the colors are dope, and all the shit thats goin on like chainsaw stop sign etc look good, but i cant read the letters
    Thats i because his letters have no structure... you've jumped right into trying making something wild and somewhat artistic when it clearly looks like you dont understand about the basic simple letters first cause even the small simples on there aren't appealing. Copy KEYBOARD letters and create them with even width bars instead of jumping in to something where people who don't know a clue about this stuff may think its dope because of fancy colours etc @ Dcicfhbimv

50 Cent - The arrow placements in someplaces like off the side of that N are pointless - the sketch would look alot better if you just kept the letters without any necessity's as at the minute it all looks forced, however you need to watch your bar with and structure aswell but if you keep that simple you will get to where you understand where to add stuff in through time... don't just jump straight into it mate.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i usually look at letters then add my own style, but i was slackin on that piece. oh wellll. it only took me like 20 minutes anyway

Ok, here. i did some simpler stuff,

a little more complex but still simpler then the last one

you really dont understand the term "simple" do you?
    i suggest you take a weekend and actually read past posts in this very thread, even if you just go back the last 500 or so pages you will see definitions on basically every other page explaining to people who bite off more than they can handle what a simple is, where to start, how to progress from a good basic starting point rather than trying to polish a piece of shit
    when you are at your stage in the game it takes less time to start over from scratch than it does trying to correct everything that's wrong in your pieces.
    spend some time reading and doing some legwork and i am sure things will improve, but i doubt it will happen if ya dont go back to simples

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    Thanks man I'll work on it. I'm trying to come up with some more unique letter forms. So its kinda a trail and error thing.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

definetly need work on structure like anarone said, idk if i would go as far as to tell you to bite your keyboard yet though cause these the only things ive seen, at this point id say lose all the color and all the extra shit and focus on the letters

So by simple you mean something like this? Disregard the extremely crooked lines. I was trying to quit cigs when i did this and i had very shaky hands.

MY best drawing ever including throwies and peices

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

example- closer to simple... but not quite... loose the connections in the letters , make the doton the I smaller, and loose what i think are drips? and im actually digging that B