Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

thepekins

Zewl that is teh dopenesss

Quote Originally Posted by NosE2 View Post
    havent sketched in a minute, heres a quick one...crits would be appreciated
    overall i think thats the best i have seen from you yet.
    just an opinion but i would drop the diagonal bar lower on the z so it mirrored the L a bit more and the w is weak but i know how much of a pain in the ass they can be.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

the w is weak but i know how much of a pain in the ass they can be.
    not when u think of them as just simply an upside down M hehe :P

ENKM, go to the main forum and then into the throws/bombs thread and check out some photos there, draw some inspiration from dem big heads, see how they operate their machinery etc... for a starting point, I'd say just spend a good couple hours checking ot flicks, nothing more. find what you like and start practicing on a similar style.
    but in general, I'd say u need to structure your letters better, and give them better flow if u know what I mean, you probably have the idea in mind, but you need the practice

@Phat2 will do man ill be back when i think ive figured out sumthin good x) but thanks

Looking for some serious crits on this. no bullshit

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

either shorten the left bar on the w or make the right bar taller. on the bottom of your w on the right those weird curves don't really make sense...make them sharper..work on that e...lines are kinda shaky...and the bottom leg of the e should be goin more out instead of up, maybe connect that bar on the R to the bar on the E or something like that. idk whats up with that thing on your R..you know what im talkin about. and the kicking leg should be more even instead of skinny to big. i feel like i can see you drew a line across the top to make it proportionate....yet you went right above it with the r and the tip of the m....the 3d is on point except the W has a little bit more than the rest...your M looks fine to me just try and make the M and W match. I like the little background hatchpattern thing. keep it up bro

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

2 peices i came up with last night, crits please

Name:  Snapshot_20110206_11.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  74.3 KBName:  Snapshot_20110206_7.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  51.3 KB

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Don't do those shines ever again bro...

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

finally had time to draw this weekend, think i might of posted 1 of these before it was finished...idk if there a thread for abstract so its goin here, shit might turn out after i put the shines on, got no white tho
    Name:  0206111708.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  0206111707.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  63.5 KB

@zewl aint really diggin the way u did your Z, the way you made the bars connecting unsmoothly so many times(if that makes sense) i think the top part is fine but the bottom half makes it look weird and then the way it overlaps the e makes it so u cant really see its an e. and u threw in a couple weird extensions like at the top left bar of the W...just my 2 cents
    Last edited by ribcage; 02-06-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

for an exchange.not finished yet.still need to color it.but idk about how ima go about that shit.

looks alright not a huge fan of the swirl on the end of the "t" though. and the "y' may look kinda tight if it had a similar style to the end of the "h" . Other than that its pretty chill might try yellow green and black <-just my take pastel green regular yellow and thick black lines would work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ..romero.. View Post
    for an exchange.not finished yet.still need to color it.but idk about how ima go about that shit.

Been working on my letters it reads sane. Hopefully it's a step forward even though it was a quickie. Anyone have any ideas for some words to write I'm trying to get used to all the letters and can't find what I'm looking for yet.

Name:  Sane .jpg
Views: 116
Size:  114.6 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

next time throw both of those in the same post so you dont have to make 2. It's alright but the bars are pretty messed up, the s looks alright with the way you made it thin but it doesnt fit the rest of the letters because none of the others are thin. i would stick to consistent widths for your bars for now

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    finally had time to draw this weekend, think i might of posted 1 of these before it was finished...idk if there a thread for abstract so its goin here, shit might turn out after i put the shines on, got no white tho

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

@zewl aint really diggin the way u did your Z, the way you made the bars connecting unsmoothly so many times(if that makes sense) i think the top part is fine but the bottom half makes it look weird and then the way it overlaps the e makes it so u cant really see its an e. and u threw in a couple weird extensions like at the top left bar of the W...just my 2 cents
    bottom page bump
    Last edited by ribcage; 02-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.

HOLY FUCK EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP FUCKING WRITING SANE.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^lololol

Quick simp in class, idk why my phone always makes them sideways

Quote Originally Posted by MoganOne View Post
    Don't do those shines ever again bro...
    lmfao,i agree.

romero - i really like that looks kinda euro style,id just take of the arrow on the bottom of the h and the swirl on the t..i think a thick black outline would look fresh.

ian - thats the best ive seen from you,keep doing simples like that,it will pay off. only thing i dont like is how u bended the "e" at the bottom.

ribcage - the "reach" peice isnt too bad,just watch were your bending some of the letters because some parts looks wierd, also your coloring is nice but you shouldnt be focused on that ,work on letters first.

sane - dont write sane..and work on more simple letters.
    Last edited by FlippingChickens; 02-07-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^ fasho, the r is pretty fucked

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah i didnt like that E once i finished it but oh well

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

unfinished....would like some crits...like what 3d, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadWarden View Post
    if your name sucks, it sucks. For example, you write cumstache-oner. if you have a dope style, then good for you, respect. but you still write cumstache-oner. and that's pretty fucking gay, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
    You obviously have no concept of america's violence. It's called flexin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Victory View Post
    DON'T HATE ON HlM MAN, HE'S DOING IT FOR HIMSELF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bait View Post
    haha wtf does this has to do with an age??cause u older u think ur awesome or some shit??