Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Yo Shroomsh I really like your style, can't give you much advice since im not even close to that good but i really like your stuff

any one got any crits for me??Name:  Photo 213.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  113.3 KB

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Any crits?

Last edited by Phat 2; 04-06-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Delyte View Post
    any one got any crits for me??Name:  Photo 213.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  113.3 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^needs more arrows on the 1st 1

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@webs - try to get some consistancy in the bars, and more uniform letter structure, otherwise I believe you're on the right track !
    @delyte - simplify! all the extra addition on the lettering is just gaudy and draws away from the piece as a whole... notice centrysam and how he rarely colors his pieces, he's focusing on lettering which is an essential to good graff, no matter how sick your coloring is you can't augment lack of motivation towards lettering... hell I get bored sometimes halfway thru pieces just stick at it
    @centry - I really like your bombs/throwies... I'm not too good at them myself so yeah I can't give much crits in that department.. as for the piece worry less about extensions and focus on lettering imho. not that you have bad lettering its just they could flow more >.<

but still at least everyone's making a stride forward and not giving up

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks crimate

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

suppsoed to be a caricature of myself... crits? besides the bulbous nose hahaha

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

The secret to charecters is...Shadow, when u make bold lines its hard to blend features, i know making hard lines is tempting but the less lines u make the better its gonna look!

Hi, I'm Sketch, here's some of my blackbook pieces from over the years;

Last edited by Phat 2; 04-07-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sketchamus- some of your characs are dope as hell, but from what i saw most of your letters were lacking structure, even on that last "ramoe" one, the letters (even though they have structure) were lacking overall bar consistency. in short; start off simple

YOooooo for the kids started off or trying to find there steeez start off simple work from your tag
    REMEBER you tag must be just as fresh as your peice.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyMcNasty View Post
    sketchamus- some of your characs are dope as hell, but from what i saw most of your letters were lacking structure, even on that last "ramoe" one, the letters (even though they have structure) were lacking overall bar consistency. in short; start off simple
    Thanks man, i appreciate the feedback and yeah i agree a lot of my letters need a lot of work, the last 'ramoe' one you mentioned is supposed to look like the robocop font, not my lettering as I wanted to keep that theme after drawing Ed209 from the movie. Glad your feelin my characters, means a lot. I'll definatly keep simplicity in mind when attempting lettering in the future.

Also check out some of my stencils that ive posted in the toy stencil thread if you get a chance, ive been designing and making stencils for about 9 years, im completely addicted to it.
    Last edited by Sketchamus; 04-07-2011 at 12:28 PM.

sketchamus: i like a lot of your characters! i cant really comment on everything because you posted so many flicks! I just wanted to
    say itd be nice if you tried a full-color, full-page drawing (i mean that as in combining letters with chracters)! as far as the "Mine"-flick is concerned: work on how to make every letter match the style
    youre drawing in. The E looks a bit off imo. It feels like youve chosen the easy way out with that letter. take it as constructive crit!

This sketch got deleted in the other BB thread, so i guess Im gonna post it in here to see what you guys think! i havent colored it yet, but here it is so far:

it reads cubes.
    Last edited by Phat 2; 04-07-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocka View Post
    sketchamus: i like a lot of your characters! i cant really comment on everything because you posted so many flicks! I just wanted to
    say itd be nice if you tried a full-color, full-page drawing (i mean that as in combining letters with chracters)! as far as the "Mine"-flick is concerned: work on how to make every letter match the style
    youre drawing in. The E looks a bit off imo. It feels like youve chosen the easy way out with that letter. take it as constructive crit!
    Thanks man yeah i definatly need to do a full page drawing soon, its hard to find time at the moment as my 1 year old daughter keeps me busy most the time. I did that 'Mine' drawing 7 years ago, back in 2004, so my style has changed a lot since then, but yeah I completely agree with you about the 'E', it lowers the standard of the whole piece and doesn't really look right with the other letters. Thanks for checking my pics out and for the feedback, sound.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Lol this dude is fun to draw, I forget what show he was on though

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@Kocka- Start simple, man. Honestly, it doesn't look good in my opinion.

thanks for the reply man, but ive been writing for some time now :P. im just posting it here because it isnt finished, and the blackbook thread in the main forums doesnt allow unfinished pieces?
    Ive been commented on by a lot of fairly well known artists from the benelux, and did some collabs :P. Im not trying to sound cocky, but Im not asking whether its good or not, Im just asking what you guys think..
    though i do agree, now that i look at it, I actually dont like it that much either. Im just gonna do a new one.
    I posted this already in the main blackbook thread:

any thoughts on this then maybe?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

oh snap!
    props cubes
    keep gettin up man

but u know, a lotta sketches look bad without color, that last one would've just looked like a big bunch of mangled bars and extensions had it not had colors to define where the letters are.
    I wouldn't wory about it tho... you cant win em all, u know that eh :> heh
    you could stand to make the U bigger
    i dig that fill.