Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Just threw this together tried an effect I saw somewhere can't remember exactly but I liked it think I got it down pretty well for the 1st try. no bars but Idk think its good.
    Pez-no offense but I can't tell what you were writing it looks like abstract art. ANd I'll be honest with you I hate abstract art.
    Clover- looks pretty tight but I agree with tasty I can't see the pic clearly enough to see if I really dig it or not.
    Pez again- EZIK Your I's center bar is too thin the K's leg have the same issue. the E is wider than the Z and the rest. The trick is to give each letter the same amount of room. then build around that.
    Chronickrush-Looks pretty chill wondered what it would look like if the bar on the "e" flowed into the bar on the "A" not neccesarily touching but you know what I mean....hopefully.
    Attached Images  

all i have is the laptop camera for now sorry guys but if you could see them in person you would dig them.....

im not digging the u and the n and i think the g lower branch should be thicker along with the u less spacing
    Last edited by Phat 2; 04-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.

I did this in about 15 min tops. But yeah I feel you I started working with bars and said fuck it about 3 letters in, which is why the N and U are like that. I was focusing more on the outline. I don't quite follow what you mean by the U spacing though.

Clover- like the char. cant see the writing
    Pez again- bars are way off
    Dcicfhbimv- looks nice. not a fan of the dots coming off the u and n and the tail of the g looks a bit awkward. maybe thicken it up?

Anyways, here what is more or less my first piece. crits please and thanks
    Attached Images  

Thanks mippi I was just fooling around And the u is supposed to make a ew sound like NEW THING the one on the n was just for looks and I understand it looks kinda off.

nice looking B2 there mippi

thnx bud. thinking it over the U is deccent the n throws it off a bit. still nice tho!

Just a simple and a toon i am working on... crits would help

and...

Last edited by Phat 2; 04-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.

I like the d and the e but work on the bar at the top of your T and work on the last bar of the N<-- the part where the secound last bar connects to the last bar extends to far out as for the cartoon try and cleen things up a bit as for the secound quickie you put up i like it except for the secound half of the N and the T has no flow

thanks for the crit, yeah that was my first crack at that character, I have been evolving it for the past couple days and cleaning things up.. I think I just need to work on the N and T some more, I am having difficulties with the flow between those two letters.

Name:  04-20-2011-14-15-54-701_edited-1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  108.6 KB Alright i havent sketched in a while and my style is changing a little bit please give me crits thanks
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^^gotta work on them bar proportions homie and the W doesnt look right not being connected like that

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  lad.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  10.9 KB

Not really finished [obviously] but I'd figure I'd upload it anyway. Trying to get rid of the dead space inbetween the L and A.

crits?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^E's wack, arrow on the S is wack, and the way your S ends on the bottom is bad. I like your M except where it meets in the middle, looks like you tried to make it arrow shaped. And your 3d is off

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  IMG.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  102.1 KB

new name? you like, ps. pink ran out

Shroomsh I'm obviously not as good as you and pretty much everyone but for what its worth I think its pretty cool the bottom of the S is a bit too fat tho I think

Alright I tried to just focus on making the bars better. What do you think?
    Name:  Claps Small.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  30.9 KB
    I know the C is pretty off and the A is bad too.
    Name:  Black Small.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  41.6 KB
    Tried to do something with it but I think overall this is at least decent at being the same throughout.
    Name:  Chelsea Grin Logo Small.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  29.3 KB
    BTW My first ones I was kinda trying to do something like this. Obviously I failed horribly.
    Last edited by pez 1794; 04-20-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

pez, you gotta start somewhere, persistance is the key, im not that great compared to the likes of other but i havent even been writing for a whole year yet, just takes a bit of hard work.. i like the distortion on the second piece, it would look good if you added a point of perspective in the center of the black piece for some 3d, like what ive done in my piece, keep it up

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by pez 1794 View Post
    Shroomsh I'm obviously not as good as you and pretty much everyone but for what its worth I think its pretty cool the bottom of the S is a bit too fat tho I think

Alright I tried to just focus on making the bars better. What do you think?
    Name:  Claps Small.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  30.9 KB
    I know the C is pretty off and the A is bad too.
    Name:  Black Small.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  41.6 KB
    Tried to do something with it but I think overall this is at least decent at being the same throughout.
    Name:  Chelsea Grin Logo Small.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  29.3 KB
    BTW My first ones I was kinda trying to do something like this. Obviously I failed horribly.
    like 1000X better mang! all you gotta do is even out the height of the letters (laying down horizontal lines prior to drawing helps) and fix up your bar thickness nd youll be ready to go

Thank god lol. I think I'm beginning to understand why my first set was so bad and how to improve.

Shroomsh - Yea I know what you mean, all but one of the first couple were from about a year ago. I think I just tried to hard without understanding how it all works. For these I was mostly just working on bars and general structure but thanks for the 3D idea I might try it on a later one.

Tasty - Thanks for the crits. Couple questions tho, when you say even out the height do you just mean the top one? Cause the 2nd one I purposely squeezed the middle. And when you say to fix the thickness do you mean like to make it the same for each letter, just bent or longer/shorter, or what?

Thanks for everyone who's helping me too. I know I'm annoying asking and posting a lot but I really need the help lol
    Yes I know I'm a toy and everyone else is better then me. Quit pointing it out.