Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

hey rask im diggin the whole piece except the small e unless you always do that

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Any crits? Just more shit i done at school.
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ hulk - give it 2 weeks of doin letter structure and see what happens...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Tempo718 View Post
    @ hulk - give it 2 weeks of doin letter structure and see what happens...
    Alright thanks man. Always love gettin tips from more experienced writers and PM me. i have a ? about the Trains in chi-town

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

lol tempo prolly aint more experienced..........blind leading the blind.........

@sick uuh bar width is good till the R, that little leg looks ugly, arrow on the M kinda dumb imo, and your styled hand writing is wack, super sloppy. you and mewn have the same W... looks similar to zewlers dub too. also you always do the same letters... try to branch out a bit breh
    Last edited by ribcage; 04-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.

lime green fill with a blue glow or maybe neon blue letters with silver accents
    ? just throwing it out there

How's this?
    Name:  Sexy Black And White Small.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  86.5 KB
    I know the top of the E is a little off but I could fix it with marker
    Last edited by pez 1794; 04-25-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

your 3d is buggin, you got the write idea on for beginners with a vantage point, but you don't want to ink all the vantage lines to the point, you want to mimic the letters lines for the 3d.. nahmean? reading that just confused myself....

postin pic for talk, just kind of adding color as i go... the lime green is out, goin with blues... im thinking light blue in the middle outlined by a dark blue with maybe some little fill details in purple or somethin.... idk what i want, except i know i dont want to fuck up and choose the wrong colors makin it look bad

wow thats a bad pic^^^ cant see the color... my b

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

My colors are lame

Ribcage, that Reach piece is filthy

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks breh its been in the works for a minute...finally decided to take the time and finish

as for yours, your shits comin along. What i think you need to work on is structure and smoother bar transitions. The top straight part of the S goes into the middle curved bar unsmoothly but i think thats just an outline mistake. But the curve to straight extensions like on top of E and bottom left of S need to go. They dont fit in with the original structure of the letter. Your doin to much tryin to hard and forcin your shit. start with the basic letter form and leave out all the extensions until your letters are flawless... peace

ribcage just to make sure are you talking like this?
    Name:  3D Idea.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  32.1 KB
    and about your piece I think those colors would look pretty good

Dankbudz all I can say for myself is I don't like the last letter. It's probably me but idk if it's a lowercase B or a D

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Yeah, a few parts i just said "fuck it" and went on outlining.
    Just drew out a quick sketch, you talking something like this?

last letter was a D.
    D's are bitches to write.
    and that diagrams got vantage point down.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@pez yeah like that, in some instances you can keep those lines and make it look good, but not for a simp/straight letter.

@sed yeah man that E is lookin waaay better, the bottom curve bar on the right side of that D should curve the other way, looks wack at the moment. and S's arent my strong point... i have a hard enough time comin up with them on my own. but uh at the moment yours doesnt fit well with E, the D might fit with it once you fix it though

also just realized on mine how I placed the piece retardedly, didnt place it in the center of page and if i would have the A wouldnt be squished in there... simple shit can turn something okay into something bad
    Last edited by ribcage; 04-26-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skope2 View Post
    Pointman - take that style and incorporate the use of bars. Theres a whole bunch of pictures and stuff in the 'New to graffiti' thread thatll give you a decent push in the right direction.
    Fact - I dont like the small letters in the middle of the pieces, but thats just personal preference. I like the way youre going with the letters you use for 'Fact' though, but that T on the end needs to be a bit bigger, it looks a little out of proportion to the others.

Pulled this up this morning, not sure if all the different colors work.
    The other one is just a refined version of the one i uploaded on the page before.

Crits would be appreciated.

Your colors work a bit funky with the metal plating. Actually that's not even true. You asked for a crit, so I came up with bullshit. These are dope. Absolutely sick nasty dope. Grats.

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    Yo you need to loosen up a bit your bars look real stiff. try letting it flow better ya feel me?

Need some crits on this. feel like the E doesnt flow at all

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Just some randoms in my little blackbook
    -Rib looks good but i would maybe try move the legs of the R together or make the R a little bigger compaired to the H it look a little small
    Attached Images   

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ Pez: I'd listen to Ribcage on that one, few writers can have all the vanishing points, and make it look good, e.i Sohoe and Mozy from T.dot.
    @ Ribcage, bars are good, but lacks movement.
    @Werm, pretty decent, though some roundness in your letters wouldn't hurt (personal opinion)
    @ Glums, throw those onto a wall, white fill, black outline/shade and red force, and your onto something.

Crits always welcome.
    Attached Images  

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^T kinda looks like a C i think if you make that right bottom connection under the middle bar of T it will look more like a T

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^haha, that post gave me a nice laugh (Flat's Post)

werm i agree with you that the E doesnt really fit the style, play around with different E's for a bit

ribcage not feelin the bottom right leg of the R and how it connects to the E, and like someone else said the top half of the R seems a little small, other than that I like it

glums you gotta work with bars my dude, the freestyling of your letters doesnt look good
    Last edited by ian; 04-26-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScank View Post
    Crits always welcome.
    no they're not. you proved it over and over again
    what you meant to say is "comments will be ignored"

[crits]

*glums, your second flick shows progression, keep that simple stuff up man. dont stop. make your L's lower bar longer too.

*sexy, actually the second type of 3D is better, harder and much more interesting than making all the lines go parallel to each other. just cut them halfway to the VANISHING point (not "vantage") you know what i mean? the lines dont HAVE to meet, cutting them halfway is nice. try it out.

*Sed, your coloring skills look fine, but not the letters. destroy all those angles and replace them with curves. you seem like you're just starting with graff. for now, take my advice and only do angles (corners) where they originally are in the original letter. for example, an S originally has no angles, only curves. yours has FOUR angles.
    same goes for sexy too.

*Reach, like I've alraedy commented on your works before, your stuff is nice, but needs more fluidity. more motion. flatskank and sick beat me to it though and told you that. I'm only saying it again a 3rd time to place more importance on this crit. you shuold take it into consideration my man. coz i know for a fact that you got potential.

*werm, the top sketch is good. use that one bro.

[/crits]