Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Pointman- that fresh, im diggin that train. try working on perspectives though, the verticle lines on the windows should follow those of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@pointman that train is sick but like dankbudz said work on perspective more, cause right now the side of of the train looks wierd, you have to make the side get smaller as it gets further away

hey dank was that picture tooken a little bit on an angle or straight on?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

a bit of an angle, didnt want my shadow over the picture.
    Paint Fumes

"Tooken" haha
    @Seder, Not too bad. The angle throws off the letter widths a little bit; the S looks rather wide there. And the R isn't that smooth but it's pretty solid overall.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^^
    i loled at that too

and thanks bra, the S and R were the weaker letters. i didnt even fully sketch the R out, got too lazy. Imma post some of these completed next week once i get markers again.
    Paint Fumes

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

stupid fuckin s i dont know why i did it.crits pleazzzzze

Photo 224 by ripmb, on Flickr

Go more simple. Does it say EOS? Your extensions are bad and so is the arrow placement. If the small extension towards the bottom right side of the E has 3D, then shouldn't the entire bottom of the letter have it too? Also the 3D on the middle bar should end somewhere. Make sure the length of the 3D is consistent too. The top of the S is lower than the other letters, and the bottom is higher. Try to keep them all the same height for now. But yeah, go simpler until you have more letter structure.

SED, Your letter structure is pretty good but I think if you're gonna write with an R you should work on it a bit, you often make them a bit top heavy. I don't think the tops are too big, I think the bottom is too small but your stuff is clean man.
    Sir.To.You, your style is pretty original, but work on your letters and consistency like RASM said. I can't read whatever the fuck it is you wrote.

sir- i think the bit on the top hole on the s really doesn't help along with the little arrow out the bottom of it, i do like the letters themselves though i just think those bits and the other extensions are kinda more of a distraction than a positive on it, however the light red 3d looks quite tight good choice of colour with the black outline

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

SED- just been seing you're sketches alot lately, be good seeing you try something risky i think you have the structure down now
    Basic trackside idea probably chrome and black with a yellow forcefeild
    Name:  IMG_1387.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  196.0 KB

point- defo getting nicer think the U is a bit small and the L is a bit sqwished and not quite fat enough but meh!, i'm just nit picking
    need to get back into doing letters...trying to keep it plain right now....

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

pointman- that 2 letter throw looks dope, i would add drop shadow on the right of the L though
    Assbanditkid...- those pointy ends look pretty gay, make em the same size, and the top of the R looks pretty funky

quickie outline, gunna bust a few more of these out in a bit.
    self crits- everyletter has a bit of retard to it. lol
    Paint Fumes

The S and the first E and the R are dope work on ur D

cheers danks, loving the self crit only thing i think on that seder is the top of the s and the e i just don't like it so much as the other e has lots of space, n the r leg is a bit funky like the top of my r lol but it is pretty dammnn clean though

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks for the crits bros. imma sketch another one out in a little bit, gunna spend a bit more time on it.
    Paint Fumes

hey im really feeling the 1st one crits please ima outline the 1st one laterName:  06-28-2011-17-36-54-883_edited-1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  108.1 KBName:  IMG_2324.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  93.3 KBName:  IMG_2405.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  83.8 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

1st one- i would loose all them connections and make the N like "N" with steeeze. and take the extensions off the E and do work on it.
    2nd- that flower is dope
    3rd-thats a nice simple, digging th colors. the L, E, and R is a pretty weak. you are making your E's have too many bars. and that R shouldnt have that retard bend to it, ya dig? practice them simps homie!
    Paint Fumes

@Glums, that two letter throw is dope. As for the piece, I feel like the way you have the legs of the M go outwards kills the flow a little bit. The M and the S are huge compared to the first 3 letters... watch for those bar widths. Other than that your shit is tight, and would look nice near some tracks.

@ER, like dank said, if you made the points on the bottom right side of the letters consistent, it could look dope. Also the underline doesn't look great because the width of it varies in the wrong places.

@Seder, your E's would look better if you made the bottom bar the same angle for both of them. The second one is too narrow because the bar is too steep. The D needs some help, but the R looks better than others that I've seen from you. You're definitely on a good path though.

@Went, #1 has pretty decent letter structure, but the W doesn't flow with the rest of the piece. Try making it taller and possibly making the two middle diagonal lines go higher or something. Even with the 3D there, there's still a lot of dead space. Keep working on the letters though; they're not bad but the E could use work and the N isn't super original either.
    #2 is kind of blurry and is hard to read. The flow seems better and the flower is dope, but the extensions are bad. Also the D is both too high and too tall.
    #3 needs some help too. The letters are really not that great... especially the E, A, R, and D. And the other letters are decent. Dank is right though, take his advice on this one. Some of your letters have too many bars and should be much simpler. And the L isn't great but for some reason I don't mind it. Also your handstyle needs tons and tons of work.
    Last edited by Rasm; 06-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.

alright thanks bro will do, what do u use for an thin black out liner for ur stuff? the lines look consistent and smooth

thanks rasm, and ill work on my handstyle, ive been using the name pure, but my parents found out so i need to change my name or if the see my stuff theyll flip, would "went" be a decent name?
    Last edited by Phat 2; 06-30-2011 at 06:52 PM.