Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@sed the style of it all, set that 1 aside and try branching out a bit with some different basis for letters and then go back to that one if you want. Trying different bases for letters can help you think of ways to change your other letters......if that makes sense... btw thanks for uploading them pics for me

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post

Sick octopus dude. Hhahaa.
    lol we got a joker up in this bitch!
    It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens. ~Cynthia E. Varnado

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

rib- no problem broski.
    as for your pics, i already told you the top one was dope aha. Letter wise, they get smaller in height and barwidth and less snazzy (compared to the R). Im diggin the R, A, and H. Though i still thing you should open them vericle bars of the H more. The E is lookin like my lame E's and i know you can top my shit tenfold. Definitely diggin the style though.
    Cant crit the bottom cause i can never read those style of pieces.

ewl- keep up the practicing. give some space on the bottom one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes

Ribcage, I'm digging the 3D work although I'm not completely sure what it says. That part down the bottom there on the right side might look better if it was going at a slightly different angle though. As for the Reach page with the octopus, I like the artwork but your bar widths are all over the place. I'd personally make the angels of the bends in your letters a little more consistent too.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

for the kids that get me through hard times ♥
    Name:  (L).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  220.8 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^^^Oooo thats sexy. I like it. Keep it up mate.

Since my camera was made in mexico, you can't see that there's an outline. I had trouble making the n's similar, but after a few attempts I got them to be somewhat close. You like?
    Name:  IMAG0503.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  87.0 KB
    Last edited by "FrY"; 07-01-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    I'm not graffiti-ing. I'm just tattooing the walls...

The N bars are inconsistent in a bad way man, The E has a random tilt, like it had one too many to drink The bottom extention is uneeded as well as the top. I like the O but it doesn't match. The last N is much better but could still use more work.

There's a lot wrong with it but it's definately on to something. Try working a simpler version of that.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

no one gives a shit about your lightning blue outline. last N wouldnt be THAT bad if it didnt have those random notches, but it still is smaller then the O. haha and i thought the second letter was a C. practice your simples, learn some letter structure.

Shroomsh- those names looking siick, i like that crazy hectic background you got going on.

FRY, dude, look at his letters, and notice how his are good and simple, but have style to it, because he tweaked them slightly and in the right places. he didnt add a shit ton of notches or extension connection wanna be wildstyle shit. practice your simples and itll pay off.
    Last edited by dankbudz; 07-01-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    Paint Fumes

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

cool, thanks for the tips guys (: ill start on something simpler in just a sec.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

dont post it up right away. keep it. look at it. study it. ask yourself how you can improve it. Think, bar width, baseline, negativespace, consistency in letters basically. and post up once youve done ten hundred of them... haha nah, but do more then one. try to improve on your own a bit. you cant fuck up too hard if you just write it like NEON.

Edit:
    god i am up way too late on this shit.
    Last edited by dankbudz; 07-01-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Paint Fumes

Haha you sound a bit cranky too haha.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Alrighty then. Ill make a couple simple ones. The more I make, Ill try to improve on them. Thanks dank (holy shit i just rhymed).

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Shroomsh - thats sick i like the 2 Ts on trents name

dank- late? where do u live? for me its only 10

@Shroomish, nice work man. What pens did you use on that? The S on the Hoeski one is slightly squished but besides that it's pretty dope. I'm sure your friends will be impressed.

@Fry, man you need to lose the extra bits and notches. It says NEON? You need to make the middle bar of the E much more defined because it looks like a C. Actually, it is a C.

It's past 1am here but I couldn't sleep at this hour if I tried.

Here's some random bullshit for talking.

Last edited by Rasm; 07-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks everyone
    Rasm- i just used a blue felt tip or fineliner whatever you wanna call them, would of used black but i did it in internal suspension and i couldnt resource one aha.
    i like the kash piece, but the a needs work, the k doesnt really look the part. without the k would look like a dope "ash" piece aha

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

this is just abstract broskis, yall cant read it because its not letters, just me fuxin around witta pencil... might do something piece related with it but I aint got the bars to paint somethin like this yet so it just playin for now

Name:  100_3229.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  156.3 KB
    Think I did pretty good on this personally, Things I noticed and am going to fix though: I foorgot the blue around the top left star thing (I know what it's called, not how it's spelled) . I bit the O from that Xerox peice which BTW I thought was dope. But I fucked it up filling over the "Exchange" I wrote in it. Pardon the angle of the shot.

Just a side note, those recognition pens from micheals are fucking amazing.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

picked up a new sketch book, and one of those Copic markers.Name:  IMG_2163.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  203.6 KB

I cant crit that, I really like it, I'm sure it's not flawless, but I have no complaints Flat, keep it up

this is just abstract broskis, yall cant read it because its not letters, just me fuxin around witta pencil... might do something piece related with it but I aint got the bars to paint somethin like this yet so it just playin for now
    Actually it says KAP, just to let you know.

@DaFugg, You gotta push those letters closer together and stop biting haha. Looks like Seder influenced your E a little bit. Just keep pounding out simples.

@Flat, This is basically the same thing I always see from you. I wish you would lose the random extensions like the one on the bottom of the T, and never draw the heart-shaped bottom of the A again, but oh well. I'd widen the horizontal bar on the F a little bit and definitely work on those handies. It's not too bad overall though.

Last edited by Rasm; 07-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.