Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScank View Post
    picked up a new sketch book, and one of those Copic markers.Attachment 26572
    Haha FLAT I love your pieces but the handy on the bottom..

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    lol we got a joker up in this bitch!
    It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens. ~Cynthia E. Varnado

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ahah i always use the heart shapein my pieces, i used to despise it, but now its more like my message to all the tryhard toys that try to be brutal thinking the graffiti is violence related tell ing them that they will never be as good as me until they stop trying to be something they arent, or something like that

Oh I mean if you have some sort of message you're spreading with it that's one thing, but for the most part it's just people biting the I from the Flava font on graffiticreator.net

Here's an unfinished freestyle sketch for talking.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah, i agree with rasm, if youre actually interested in becoming an artist, graffiticreators the worst place to go

I wish those fonts were displayed on the streets instead of the net where toys bite them and run wild.

hhahah too true

I wish those fonts would disappear lol
    Last edited by Phat 2; 07-03-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    SEAZ

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomsh View Post
    for the kids that get me through hard times ♥
    Attachment 26546
    For some reason the K's, R's, and S's are bothering me but I can't quite put my thumb on it...They just don't seem to fit well I guess but other than that it's nice and well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by "FrY" View Post
    ^^^Oooo thats sexy. I like it. Keep it up mate.

Since my camera was made in mexico, you can't see that there's an outline. I had trouble making the n's similar, but after a few attempts I got them to be somewhat close. You like?
    Attachment 26547
    Like everyone said lose the little notches, make the E more like an E and try to keep both the height of your letters the same throughout the piece as well as the width of your bars (at least for now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasm View Post
    @Shroomish, nice work man. What pens did you use on that? The S on the Hoeski one is slightly squished but besides that it's pretty dope. I'm sure your friends will be impressed.

@Fry, man you need to lose the extra bits and notches. It says NEON? You need to make the middle bar of the E much more defined because it looks like a C. Actually, it is a C.

It's past 1am here but I couldn't sleep at this hour if I tried.

Here's some random bullshit for talking.

Not too bad there...Nice and simple (although I'm not really a fan of the box around the S you got going on there but other than that it's got potential

Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    Attachment 26578
    this is just abstract broskis, yall cant read it because its not letters, just me fuxin around witta pencil... might do something piece related with it but I aint got the bars to paint somethin like this yet so it just playin for now
    I could see this reading WLY haha but really you got potential with the whole 3D thing. I've tried for so long and I can do some "eh" 3D stuff but this is definitely way better...work some purposeful letters into a new 3D sketch and see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFugg View Post
    Attachment 26571
    Think I did pretty good on this personally, Things I noticed and am going to fix though: I foorgot the blue around the top left star thing (I know what it's called, not how it's spelled) . I bit the O from that Xerox peice which BTW I thought was dope. But I fucked it up filling over the "Exchange" I wrote in it. Pardon the angle of the shot.

Just a side note, those recognition pens from micheals are fucking amazing.
    To add to your list, the E looks really weird with with the top and bottom bars almost touching so try angling them differently. Also get your letters closer together and lose the scribbles over the red. Lastly work on keeping your 3D going in a uniform direction or to a vanishing point if you know how to do that (See the 3D on top of the vertical bar of the E compared to the 3D on top of your O? Notice the difference between a slant like "/" and one like "_". Glad to see you're at least keeping it simple though

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScank View Post
    picked up a new sketch book, and one of those Copic markers.Attachment 26572
    The bottom arrow on the F makes it look a bit like an S so consider dropping/adjusting that and the bottom arrow on the T makes it look either like a really shitty "h" or an alright "R" so work that out too. I'm not too sure about the extension off the right of the A either but don't really know what to do with it haha...

Actually it says KAP, just to let you know.

@DaFugg, You gotta push those letters closer together and stop biting haha. Looks like Seder influenced your E a little bit. Just keep pounding out simples.

@Flat, This is basically the same thing I always see from you. I wish you would lose the random extensions like the one on the bottom of the T, and never draw the heart-shaped bottom of the A again, but oh well. I'd widen the horizontal bar on the F a little bit and definitely work on those handies. It's not too bad overall though.

The top of the left part of the M looks really strange the way it connects, the U looks good though but then on the RPH they each have one part that doesn't flow with the piece. The R has the arrow like thing on the bottom, the P has the bar that angles in towards the vertical bar and the connector to the bottom of the R, and the H has that connector to itself on the left side...Other than that it's nice and simple and flows pretty well at least

Oh I mean if you have some sort of message you're spreading with it that's one thing, but for the most part it's just people biting the I from the Flava font on graffiticreator.net

Here's an unfinished freestyle sketch for talking.
    Looking pretty good but I don't really see a need for the horizontal bar on the middle left of the M there and the one under the C doesn't really fit with the style...The A on the end looks like it's trying to run away from the rest of the piece so push that closer in. All in all it's not bad but at a second glance the S, I, and C don't really flow with that style so just something to work on...
    Last edited by aces; 07-03-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    SEAZ

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^fasho breh I got an exchange in the works in my brothers book, its 1/4 done i'll have pic as soon as dank gets them shits I sent him

@rasm yo freestyles arent done in pencil first....

Lol ah font creators, I peeped game at a few way back iin the day, some of em are actually pretty cool if I remember correctly the ones that got some dope ass color scheme shits but etrocious letters

rasm-i'm digging the A,M and C, but the R is bugging me, idk, maybe try fattening up the loop and the leg connection, and erase the line separating the left leg. just my two cents.

decided to get all colourful and shit last night, i like how it turned out, excuse the shitty camera quality.
    funny shit.

Quote Originally Posted by downers View Post
    what do you call a lezbo with thick fingers? well hung. the mystery is solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    fact: messer has Blue Pussy Drips

You should not do characters.
    Or buckets.
    You should also try adding some highlights to your pieces.

there are highlights its just my shitty camera doesnt show them. also, the bucket is bullshit i agree, i need to work on drawing shit 3D.alot. crits on the piece though? also, rather than telling me not to draw tell me what im doing wrong for next time, like constructive and shit
    funny shit.

Aces, finally someone giving solid crits. Thanks man! I know that Murph piece has it's flaws. I definitely need to redo the bottom of the R and the P and the H would probably look better with that little connection filled in. As for the Rasmica one, I was planning on dropping the bar under the C anyways, and I think the angle of the A is what makes it look like it's running away so much.

@Messer, The character needs work and the bucket needs to be rounded off a bit in some places. I can't say much about that piece because I'm not sure what it says. Tell me what I'm reading and I'll try to throw you some pointers though.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks Rasm Oh and what Ribcage said is true...freestyles don't have erased pencil marks under them

Messer - I'm not too sure what you're writing there but it looks something like HERTIES to me...I feel like you're hiding crappy letter structure by covering the piece in extensions...

Name:  karcus.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  30.0 KB
    My Karcus piece for the battle...hasn't gotten a single vote but then again I finished the outline about 10 minutes before it was due and still had to throw the 3D on as well as the red accents in there. I'll color and finish it up later on tonight or maybe tomorrow and scan it so it's a clearer picture but anyone have any crits for me as it sits right now?
    Last edited by aces; 07-03-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    SEAZ

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I can't see a single letter's shape in there

that should be enough crit for you

I had done something similar to this a while ago :

just out of curiosity, did you take the idea for your S being boxed in the H from that flick?
    I don't mean to be calling you out or anything, it's cool either you did or you didn't... I'm only curious, so don't get me wrong

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Phat 2 View Post
    I can't see a single letter's shape in there

that should be enough crit for you
    I guess you didn't learn how to read any graff that isn't strictly a keyboard letter then have you

That should help. I won't say that my piece is perfect and I can see how the R can get lost and maybe the U as well. I know I went overboard with the addons but fuck it you have to progress sometime...I've been doing simples for too long to never have thrown an addon in there (notice I joined in '06?). Try giving some real crits and being constructive and not giving me just one little snood remark or if you can't do that then just leave it alone and don't give me crits...
    Last edited by aces; 07-03-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    SEAZ

Well I guess it wasn't a true freestyle then, oh well, I said that because I didn't put much thought into the letters and basically just went with the flow.

@Aces, that's pretty dope man. I feel like it would look way better if the letters were all along the same line instead of having the K on top of the A and stuff like that. People probably think it's a little too crazy the way it takes up the whole page. As far as the actual letters go, I like them. I would dig the R a little more if the right leg connected where the loop meets the left leg, but it's still solid. By the way, I had no problem finding the letters, although at first I thought it said Arcus because I didn't see the K.

And I'm with you about the add-ons. I almost always do simples... check out what I've posted in this thread. My sketches almost never have extensions and when I do feel like adding them I don't think them through enough for them to flow. I joined in '07 but never posted, but I started writing in '05. Problem was for years I only sketched off-and-on so I didn't progress very fast.

@Phat2, wow I've never even seen that pic before man. Did you post it in the painted pieces thread? It's pretty fucking crazy how yours is black and white and mine's a pencil sketch... and you have the the H forming the right side of the box and so do I. But yeah, no offense taken, I see why you were curious hahah

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks Rasm yea the K on top of the A was supposed to end up looking like an S the way the letters flowed like this:

Yea over the past year I haven't been sketching as much but up until then I had been sketching constantly (all throughout high school I'd usually bang out an piece every other class (2 hours). It took longer than usual cause I still paid attention in all AP classes and got B+/A-'s in all of em haha...it's just cause I didn't take notes I would just listen to the teachers and then kinda mindlessly do the pieces...
    SEAZ

Man I used to sketch in my AP classes too. Usually I'd choose a word that had to do with the topic we were learning about. High school was the shit; I miss being able to have a 4.0 with barely any effort.

Anyways, here's some more simple shit. Not my best and needs touch-ups, but today's been a long one.

thanks for the crits guys it says HERPIES (like herpes). and yeah i know i need to work on my karaks alottttt, im not good at all that shit. oh and ignore the first E, i fucking hate it.
    funny shit.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

aces? wtf is that, even when you put the letters in blue there i cant read it?? and i have a pretty abstract style myself.. my suggestion is the same as everyone else, untill you can rock a clean simple, do not try wild stuff

id agree, aqnd maybe put all your letters in line rather than all over the place.
    funny shit.

Rasm- defo liking what i've seen so far
    messer- i do actually like the concept of the crazy ass chick with her feet hacked off but i think it will look better with practice, but yeah draw whatever the hell your mind feels like drawing and just keep doing it
    some of my bags of shite.....this is why i do characters better than letters....maybe i'm the kid that draws the charaters next to people pieces rather than does the letters lol