Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

i work with pencil first ten pass pen,also considering my other ones i'm actually satisfied so far. the vantage point i'm just kinda messing around with just moving it around to do 3d from various angles. that way i can hammer into my head the correct 3d for both the C and the S which i have problems with. also my S finally came out looking allrite. every other S ive drawn so far had tons of dents. so considering my previous ones yes im satisfied. also went with bigger fatter letter like i was told on previous page. gonna have something to eat and try something out without any 3d and try to get them closer together maybe lean to one side just to test out.

Don't lean, focus on simple SIMPLE letters. You shouldnt be happy with that S or any letter on there. Fix the width of your letters. it should all be even.

made it clear where i fucked up on the M by coloring it, besides that i think the other letters went well. also since im tired of drawing letters today added a lil devil on top
    Name:  DSC00150.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  183.8 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

why u drawin straight letters like that anyways, thats why we have computers.
    All we are is just dust in the wind.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yoooo ribcage i was just fuckin with ya my dude, that turned out sick. Don't know if you're lookin for crits on the REACH as well but if you are, the top of the R should be a bit bigger and those weird things on the bottom left of the R and A need to go and so does that funky extension on the H. Other than that, lookin good. tbh i don't even mind that E in the basoe too much. Your fills are always clean as anything as well, somethin i like about your work. Keep it up my dude.

Mc Satan, on the right track somewhat, although i think your A's need their middle lines. Also all your lines are shaky as fuck. Work quicker with the marker. Good to see youre usin bars though, keep it up

One last bump, any more crits? This thing took me so long to do I would work like 5 mins on it and then walk away from it for the longest time. Been hella busy. I know the O looks like a U. Still can't rock that style. I'll also be postin up a sketch im workin on for the battle shortly when i finish it.

EDIT::::

for the battle, gonna ink and color it tomorrow. Hit me
    Last edited by ian; 07-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.

lines are shaky mainly cause of the pen if i go quick it doesnt mark it well, i just need to either get hang of the pen or get something else. also at least in this last one it kinda felt right not to cross the A's i know i fucked up that M but realized when i was to late. decided to point it out myself. and the devil cause i needed to draw something that wasn't bars today. always been drawing on and off never liked straight lines.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ian: for the Noise piece, the N is overpowering the other letters, and the top curve of the E looks a little goofy. Otherwise nice work. You might want to revise that Basoe piece. The letters gradually get bigger and smaller with each other. Compare that A to the B and S. Its miniature to them. Good work on the extensions on the B though, they look natural.

Can I get some crits on my entry for the battle? Just the rough draft.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ace, all i can see right now is the E is a little low and i think the S is going over the O a bit too much
    "We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals." A Hacker Manifesto

Mc Satan, stop asking people to draw your letters for you. If you can't even do that on your own good luck ever coming up with an original style.

And 3D is extremely easy to draw. All you need to do draw diagonal lines that are all the same length and parallel to each other. (Don't do perspective yet, you clearly don't understand the concept well enough to do that) Then connect the lines but make sure to keep the line that forms the 3D the same distance from the letter throughout. That's why the top of your C in that sketch with the yellow 3D is so fucked up.

Try playing around with the wordart feature on MS Word. It should help your understanding.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Fixed it and filled it. Any better guys?

Name:  20110711_00100.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  127.5 KB
    crits please

allrite i did some sketches this morning thought i'd post em. i think im staying out of 3d for awhile and stick to drop shadows till i get better hang of it
    Name:  DSC00151.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  179.3 KB

drop the mc. Mc Satan is a dumb name. That first Satan is alrite, just straiten up the S and move it closer

i kinda like it plus it's something ive been called by friends for almost 10 years. before i started trying to write it i asked in the question forums and you are the only one who has said anythign negative about it. plus i think just satan sounds like 12 yr old trying to be hardcore

Mc Satan sounds like a 12 year old trying to be hardcore just as bad..

McSatan, your 3D on that middle one looks terrible because your diagonal lines aren't even close to parallel.. The ones coming off the top of the C are going almost vertically downwards, while the one off the top of the second A is almost horizontal. You seem to have no hope.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Ace.k- thats a nice simp but... that arrow in the background is pretty gay, in my opinioin. the B is bulgy on the bottom part, and the E is too close to the O.
    Manik- give your word a baseline, and dont extend the bars past it, like on the A and K. and pay attention to bar width.

dude mc satan is suck a rad name
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes

on a srs note how many ppl think mc satan is to long,if you don't liek the name i dont care it's length that has me doubting

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ok, enough with the banter about mcsatan's name.

bottom line for mc satan: your name's no good for graffiti, it's too long and isn't fit to be a writer's name. your friends called you that for 100 years, that's cool, and you don't have to change it, but know that it sucks.

bottom line for everyone else: you're all still gonna go on with your lives if a kid's name sucks. no more discussions on that topic please, we all know that his name isn't gonna change shit, and it's his choice.

end of discussion. the person after me has to post a flick. no crits, no shit. flicks first. crits later.
    thanky yu

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

crits please
    Name:  ewal2.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  32.9 KB