Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  cMBJiEcNENEcydINQFUC-1-1311027219000.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  16.1 KBName:  hvZQ_IHRVCdbdIqzTKFo-1-1311122982000.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  15.5 KB

Haven't posted in a while, been way too busy. Thought I'd throw up an old sketch, critz?
    "They say that most people can only dream in black and white
    That's why he packs a knife and only reappears at night."

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

or maybe not be a bitch and pull through on the fucking battle, pussy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

big faggot that jerk looks sick! R could be a bit better, maybe a bit bigger or have the E a abit smaller.

Dank that looks solid, that bottom E is dope, looks clean

Taro those are interesting but im not really digging them, one on the right is kind of cool. maybe try more simpler stuff

Emune to be honest i dont really like it, try drawing even bars more and make ur letters out of that.

I really fuked up on the drop shadow but oh well, need some crits plz

Name:  IMG00643-20120517-0057.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  21.8 KBName:  IMG00645-20120517-0225.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  25.0 KB

Kaze, regarding 3D and shadows there are two basically things you can do:
    - Make all the lines go in the same direction (works for both 3D and shadows)
    - Work with a vanishing point (which is more a 3D than a shadow effect)
    It's easiest to use a ruler for both. In the first case, you just have to make sure you keep your ruler straight.

I want crits

Name:  MontanaLogoB.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  20.4 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks Bas, appreciate the advice. i have to work on 3d and drop shadows alot

You're welcome. 3D and shadow are actually rather simple as long as you work accurately.

Taro - i'd loose the 'stems' on the purple sketch, thicken those other thin bars and it would be a nice style,
    Emune - like the name, the N is your strongest letter, the second straight bar on the M goes from a little too small to too big, same as the E's, and make thee U curve it would look sweet,
    Dviser - not sure why you made the VI so small, an id make the ER over lap a little, like the SE,
    kitten - write kitten instead of neks, its less played out, good your keeping simple, try and get your bars the same width, the S is far too skinny,
    BIG F and DANK BIZZLE lovin it, really like the first hipe

Name:  052.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  68.9 KB

Critique please

At least you recognized this yourself, but Kaze, you screwed up the drop shadow on almost all of your letters. It shouldn't be on both the top and bottom sides of the letter; pick one way to go with it and stay consistent!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks Gpers and Kaze. Ill work on it, and post more.

@ kaze thanks man, looks a lot better than your other stuff, but connect all your bars and let letters over lap each other instead of those dotted lines, the S and E look pretty nice. D needs work and like mentioned, vi is too small.
    @ taro, i actually like the one on the right, the left one needs work, keep doin yo thang. nice style.
    @ neks. go a little simpler and keep all your bars the same width, the s is super skinny.
    thanks Gpers haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dmgraff View Post
    ya so next time you insoult some one think about it cuz they might have done it with there butt

Thoughts on name/graff?

Name:  IMG00143-20120517-2231.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  197.3 KB

Thanks for the crits with my previous post, I went a bit simpler. I actually liked where this was going until it lost flow after the U. Should I keep progressing with this style?
    "They say that most people can only dream in black and white
    That's why he packs a knife and only reappears at night."

That's much better dude, keep at it.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by burn222 View Post
    Name:  burn 1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  187.3 KB
    lol. burn
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks bass, yeh i have to just be patient and keep working with it, for the last couple days i havnt had the patience to sit down and try to draw something out

Kitten-Keyboard Letters, use em for now

thanks Gpers i appreciate the feedback. yeh haha i dont know why i made the V and I so small, alright il push that R in abit and il prob just take out the attachment things on the top

thanks rasm for the feedback, appreciate it. yeh i really fuked up on the drop shadow, when i was doing it, it didnt look right but just kept going lol, just happy i got a picture before i added it

dope thanks big faggot, appreciate the advice. alright il just make then overlap and take out those extra lines, by connect all bars do you meen the top of the D and R were it just sits on an angle? or is there something else that i dont see? I was trying to do something more of like what Kroe said but i cant really pull it off lol. i appreciate the tips thanks man

pover it looks like u need to make ur bars more even and stuff, the idea you draw out looks cool, but just kind of sloppy :/ maybe go more simple man and just keep at it, it looks like once u get the bar structure shit down u will progress fast cuz u already know what to draw after.

BURN-use Keyboard letters for now

emune i like it better then the other one, maybe fatten up the bars abit and try getting it all more clean and even, just keep at it. lose the extension on ur M and maybe the ones at the top of your E and work on the bottom ones of the E

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  25.8 KB

Thanks Kaze! Didn't see the comment, from now I'll be stuck on simple letters