Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

http://www.theartistsdepot.com/image...Permapaque.jpg
    These don't bleed. They go on like paint

Thats a paint pen bud, not even really classed as a marker. The ones i use here are a brand called posca, all opaque colors and great for forcefields or solid fills and highlights when you use the white. But as far as alcohol based actual markers the copics are hard to beat

hahaha I say use what ya got, even if its crayola crayons, colors and blending and all that stuff is nice, but graffiti is about letters, besides walls don't bleed hahaha. I mean I know everyone likes to take pride in their blackbook, but I think it matters more what's on the wall. but yeah I mean use whatever you got is what I say.

oh and does anyone know where you can rack copics? do they have them at Michaels, not trying to get off topic here jw.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  throwie.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  12.1 KB my throwie nice throw uperseres ;]

^That's dope!

Thanks for all the positive comments! Here's another. Major fuck up on this one lol, I was happy with the outline, but I'd used white acrylic to go over mistakes I made with the black marker, so the colors didn't go down properly. Also I fucked up on the 3D, but it's a nice first try, I'm still learning to use these markers. I might redraw it and try it again because I could have done better, should have just left it B&W and done an outline. Again, crits more than welcome.

Last edited by Minx; 11-17-2010 at 03:07 PM.

calm down on the connections cuz a lot of them don't make sense, also your letter structure is lacking in this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidiVici View Post
    calm down on the connections cuz a lot of them don't make sense, also your letter structure is lacking in this piece.
    Yeah, it was more of an experiment than anything, trying to figure out how to draw wildstyle so gave the connections a shot. Thanks for the crits!

Quote Originally Posted by MoganOne View Post
    Those markers are dope... Do they bleed?
    Yeah, they soak through the paper and depending on what paper you use they can soak out of the lines you're drawing. But it's all down to the paper you use, printing paper bleeds like hell, the paper in my blackbook bleeds a bit but no where near as bad, I imagine bleedproof paper hardly beleeds at all. They're really nice markers though (Copic Caio, the other marker's a Molotow 127), they go down really wet and have a nice consistency. The Molotow are better for bleeding, because it's paint it sits on the paper nicely and hardly moves, however they have a much smaller range of colors.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

random ish
    char:

screwed up the t....

simp

and a slapper

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

On those straights, if the letter is overlapping the letter, like the T over the H, the 3D follows the top letter, it doesn't disappear behind the other one, you knowwhatimsayin??
    Also the S in the second one looks like a curvy ass U

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

With the 3D, it entirely depends on what look he's going for.I commonly leave out the 3D on overlaps to make it look like the letters are joining each other.

yeah the 3d is dec and the backround is iight

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sick as always Mone, no complaints. however, i would like to see some colors.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Do some acid you will see colors for sure... lol jp I got to get a hold of some markers man

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

haha

so like im new to this website, but from what i read this is were toys come and post so...heres a work in progress. feed back...
    Attached Images  

Mone - pretty nice, you always have good clean pieces.
    Chowder - nice as well
    New piece, just kinda got wild and let my mind go, it's not that clean I know and the A is fucked up, by I'll try to touch that up
    Name:  Mesa2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  8.1 KB
    Crits would be great!!!