Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Bore - Start from this... (I know its like done in 5 seconds but its for the idea)

My 2 sketches from the past 4 months... Crits please?

Well i know im gunna get hazed for this but i wanted to try to do a full page piece. First try on one of these so here goes. Crits welcome

The fact that your going for a full pager isn't the bad thing about it. Its the letters that is your problem i like the colours on the page and the top left is pretty fresh but you need to do keyboard letters and understand structure for now before you try and add style in because thats just not working. Copy the letters off the keyboards same height and same width until you understand how they are formed.

Quote Originally Posted by anarone View Post
    The fact that your going for a full pager isn't the bad thing about it. Its the letters that is your problem i like the colours on the page and the top left is pretty fresh but you need to do keyboard letters and understand structure for now before you try and add style in because thats just not working. Copy the letters off the keyboards same height and same width until you understand how they are formed.
    I agree with you that the style is shit. my other styles come out much better then this. But as for copying letters, i have a perfect understanding how the letters are formed. It just seems everytime i post a little tweak on a letter people say its shit because it doesnt look like a keyboard letter. I don't get it. isnt the point of a style to tweak letters so they have a little flare? its getting on my nerves actually.

Theres no consistency or structure in those letters though. Ok so you've went for a sort of spooky theme... do the letters as keyboard letters and do like spooky drips going off them or something like that ? Post some other stuff up i haven't been posting long so i cant really tell you what too do from other styles you have tried.

Theres no consistency or structure in those letters though. Ok so you've went for a sort of spooky theme... do the letters as keyboard letters and do like spooky drips going off them or something like that ? Post some other stuff up i haven't been posting long so i cant really tell you what too do from other styles you have tried.
    The problem with keyboard letters is theres no visual eye candy for the letters. i could put as much added on designs as i want but if the letters are boring and simple then its still going to look boring and simple no matter how much extra stuff is on there.

heres a little throwie.

Name:  lalalala.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  24.7 KB

A dope simple is so much better than a failed wildstyle. You see those are sort of bubblier letters... there is little structure to it. You need to understand keyboard structure so that you can develop your letters into something more developed and advanced and i don't think your in a position to be doing that... I'll draw you up a free exchange though, so keep looking and i'll have something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Example1 View Post
    I agree with you that the style is shit. my other styles come out much better then this. But as for copying letters, i have a perfect understanding how the letters are formed. It just seems everytime i post a little tweak on a letter people say its shit because it doesnt look like a keyboard letter. I don't get it. isnt the point of a style to tweak letters so they have a little flare? its getting on my nerves actually.
    i know what u mean bro

You guys are acting as if I'm trying to scrutinize what you guys are doing when I am only being honest and trying to tell you so that you know where too get better or improve... I'm sure people like Mogan can back me up with this.

No no! im not trying to scrutinize. not at all. im actually liking this conversation, its helping me to understand where your coming from.

Post me up a simple keyboard letter and I'll help you develop it or start too see where to develop it. I also think your names too long and some letters are tricky too pull off... find something significant or letters you like in a name. I tell you what for practice and saying i am helping you... Do me a ANAR. And i will give you an example on how i could develip the letters into something a slight bit more advanced than simple and i'll also give you in depth criticism on the piece.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by [breakout]-azer View Post

crits?
    Ok so didn't really get any crits so bumbing it up

Does that say BAVI ?

Well, if my names too long i sometimes do EXAM as just a shorter version. But ill post up a simple version or your name and you can help me understand what im doing wrong exactly.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Yeah it says Bavi

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  1219100115b.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  108.3 KB

Yo can I get a crit on this from two pages back, I'm trying to work on coloring

Well in that case... I would have spaced out the V from the A and the I from the V because if you look at the B it is definately further away and it seems to have a more visual appeal and i think if the V and I were like that it would flow better. I like the swirl on the V and its not too bad on the I but you should have done this on the A and B aswell for consistency. Once spaced out the V would have too be bigger and the I be smaller so it flows and is in straight flush with each other.

Post me up a simple keyboard letter and I'll help you develop it or start too see where to develop it. I also think your names too long and some letters are tricky too pull off... find something significant or letters you like in a name. I tell you what for practice and saying i am helping you... Do me a ANAR. And i will give you an example on how i could develip the letters into something a slight bit more advanced than simple and i'll also give you in depth criticism on the piece.
    Alright here. its a simple version of ANAR. nothing to fancy but still got some oldschool flare.
    Name:  anar.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  17.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Airplanefood View Post
    Outline is sloppy as fuck (haha), but any crits?
    Attachment 14998
    Bumping from last page

right... forgot about 'Old School Flare' and stuff like that... Look at the first A then look at the second A... the sizes of the two letters are completely different. the bar width on the letters changes aswell. As for the R - it should loop around and touch the black bone. Dont put these curves on the letters yet either just keep things straight... same height and same width... Ill post some ammendments to that.