Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Okay Okay im shit as fuck on paint... the R now has a loop connected to the back bone. As i can't move the width of the letters you would then move the A to the left so theres more space between in and the N... then make the 2nd A wider and keep everything straight with the bars.

Basically every bar needs to be equal or near to equal width. Each letters the same height (FOR NOW) and also the same width... it keeps everything consistant and helps you understand.

For all you people who want to hate on the curve of the R i couldnt use the curve too on paint !

Look at your sketch then look at those letters... any of your sketches against those letters. The clean, well structured simple always wins due to the fact that they haven't forced it into something that they don't have the skill to create. Thats why you get those mastered first then you start understanding about Bends in the bars and stuff which I'll show you tomorrow because it is late now

And
    Last edited by anarone; 12-20-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Mesk i think the fill looks bomb. did good at fading the colors out/in. what you usin?

mesk that dont look too bad compared to other shit on this page but whats with those fuckin squiggle extensions

Quote Originally Posted by Example1 View Post
    I agree with you that the style is shit. my other styles come out much better then this. But as for copying letters, i have a perfect understanding how the letters are formed. It just seems everytime i post a little tweak on a letter people say its shit because it doesnt look like a keyboard letter. I don't get it. isnt the point of a style to tweak letters so they have a little flare? its getting on my nerves actually.
    Example keep doing your thing these kids just say what gets crammed down there throats by these "graffiti experts" it seems you do have a decent understanding of letter structure and thats all you need.

It's prismas. Anyone know a good brand for white markers to do shines an stuff? Was thinkin just gonna get a deco fine point but theres gotta be better. I realize the extensions could be placed more creatively, but whatup with em

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

elmers whites ar enice and opaque man goes over anything , i also use posca's but aren't as good , and there is sakura gelly roll white pens they are super fine tip but look real nice

As a toy fresh out of the box I'm trying to take in everything I can, and the main thing I see posted here with the crits is obviously keep it simple, and stick to keyboard and basic letters. Is there anywhere I can go to hit up exact bar structure for every letter in the alphabet? Mainly I'm thinking of C, S, R, P, etc where there are lots of curves. Primarily I mean S since it's in my tag obviously. I'm having a real hard time doing basic, good looking S's. Ws, Es, and even Ys are pretty simple to me and using bars to create them is working well... but that damn S.

Quote Originally Posted by SicK- View Post
    Example keep doing your thing these kids just say what gets crammed down there throats by these "graffiti experts" it seems you do have a decent understanding of letter structure and thats all you need.
    Look at the two pieces he posted previously and he doesn't. Im passing on what i learnt to get as far as ive reached... im not trying to put him off what he's doing because i did what he did for so long and got no where.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Not in my blackbooks just did in 3 min in a random notebook...real crits plz
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by anarone View Post
    Look at the two pieces he posted previously and he doesn't. Im passing on what i learnt to get as far as ive reached... im not trying to put him off what he's doing because i did what he did for so long and got no where.
    then again those are not my greatest peices. here are some others
    Name:  exam1.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  34.5 KB
    Name:  real.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  25.1 KB

Do simples like i told you too and you will learn how to pull those off after a while - arrows and shit are ages away from mastering and extra extensions.

makehate - work on keeping your bars consistent, the right side of the H is smaller than the rest. as well as the middle of the T and N

Also make hate... dont put 3d over the letters dude.

Heres a simple i did (bit off keyboard letters) it says Hi. PS: im horrible with rulers. Sorry if its grainy haha
    Name:  IMG_0212[1].jpg
Views: 131
Size:  79.7 KB

Merica' where we got the Guns and the Glory. Football and Fireworks we got it all
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

What is the point of that? "HI"

I was told to do simples. starting off with few letters and not spaced together.

Dont use rulers.

How would i be would to tell if my letters are all the same size?@sick

Eye ball it, thats where the practice comes in

So i'll thats how my lines would become straight too right?