Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

click the images tab when ur googling names mesh....

etc.....

but since u took the time to make a lil simp ill crit ya...
    i think ur H is a bit too blocky compared to the other letters, and the S hides it too much... try drawing out every letter individually even though they overlap, then when u go back u can choose which lines to keep, and have letters overlapping different ways and poking through each other.
    i see where ur vanishing point is so i can tell u know how to 3d, just make sure its right, it looks like the 3d in the top parts of ur letters isnt pointing down far enough, and on the bottom half of the E its kinda just wonky, i nitpick i guess but im tryin to help... use a ruler to line everything up to that point if u have to
    Last edited by Zookyook; 02-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks I appreciate the crits, and yeah I know my 3d is off at points.... don't have a ruler so when I freehand the 3d sometimes it is off (especially the E), kinda surprised you didn't rip apart my M (bars are way off now that I look at it.
    I may switch my name to something with ESH in it, maybe DESH or something, idk....

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

u clearly have paper lol all u need is a straight edge....

the left middle bar of the M doesnt match up... but the whole right side does, and that side of that letter is the cleanest part of the whole simp lol its not too flashy or blocky... try to make all of ur bars more like that on the ends and see what comes out

Yup there it is hahaha I saw that after I posted the pic and was like 'oops bad bar' hahaha thanks for the crits Zook!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

D's are sick to start names off

Working on A pic for a friend of mine. figured I'd let you guys tear away at it before I'm done.
    Zookyook-I'm digging the hell out of those markers your using I may have to pic some up sometime.
    Kush- I'm not digging your stlye much either. Also i'm having alot of issues reading it.
    Mesh- I like it though Zooky has some good point the "h" is completely different looking and the 3-d is inconsitent but all in all pretty chill.
    Pekins- I don't really have anything for you, sorry man just can't think of anything. Though the blue pieces are harder to dicipher try utilizing negatve space and the white.
    Attached Images  

zook - the black simple and the pink one are dope,work on that kinda style forget the bends and shit

penkins - i like the dope throne peice u did,just dont like the arrow off the h and how the t is more high
    ,and work on the 'o' they look like u's

a.j - the background is nice,the letters are pretty wack tho

crits??

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks tofe i feel ya, i cant just stick to straights forever though so i try somethin new each time i do one

im feelin the one on the right , especially the T and E, i like the euro background u got goin there since its on a metro... definitely stick with the capital T a lot more often though, its way cleaner and probably faster and easier to get down, maybe with a squared O and F the same way id like it more, the gore style doesnt work for me, maybe its just the color combo

Zook what the hell are one4alls? but your shit is hot! what did you use for your highlights/how did you get them so clean?

Finished it what you think?

One for alls are molotows paint markers. Supposedly rule on black books but I have never tried em.
    Attached Images  

@Dcicfhbimv i like the idea but don't really like your letters
    molotow paint markers are for canvas not for paper if jou go over the paper twice then it will peel of

Name:  IMG_0065.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  82.5 KB
    for a battle

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Leash - im not sure the blue outline really goes with the brown/beige fills, also im not sure the e on the KENT piece really fits in. Other than that they're lookin good.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^ 1945, USA, world champions

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sick- i used paint markers for highlights lol, what else would i use? as long as u put the highlights where they belong its gonna make it pop off nice, just remember they always go on the opposite side of ur 3d and ur golden

Quote Originally Posted by leash View Post
    molotow paint markers are for canvas not for paper if jou go over the paper twice then it will peel of
    thats the case with most paint markers i guess... but if ur not pushing too hard u can layer that shit on as much as u want with one4alls, some of my pages have like 10 throwups over top of each other and the paper isnt ripping, its actually stronger than it was with no paint on it... lol its like plastic coated
    Last edited by Zookyook; 02-20-2011 at 01:23 PM.

same my paper gets realy heavy

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

did a simp and throw... workin on covering every page, at my rate itll take a year hah

yesterday

today

nemor ur throws and straights are sick, never realy been a fan of straights but uve convinced me that they can look good

also leanone it is a black outline not blue

sweet shit zookyook!

that nemor throw is too dope