Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by nah! View Post
    and you made an announcement lol.

added an outline & 3d

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i made 2 simples one with bars. maybe my simples look a lot neater and better...

crits?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

more from class lol, similar to last, took your advice and lost the large extensions

NAH, whats up with that wird thing on the N? dont break your letters and lost the cuts on the N and A, work on your bars, make them consistent, the left of the A has a funky bend in it, the middle of the N is too thin, and the middle of the A and H are also kinda thin. the bottom left of the N is weird too

SPLRT, those are both pretty fucked, your bars tend to get thinner around curves and fatter at their ends and when you take them through other bars, they dont line up. you really need to do some keyboard letters to get their structure down.

MadHeat, thanks for that sketch, ill keep those changes in mind. you're stuffs lookin pretty good, pretty clean, although im not feelin how thin parts of the bars are on that last bit.

ViniVidiVici, the DO on the first one aren't bad, but the NE are pretty fucked. second one is decent at best, the last one the only good letter is the h, also the S in your handie needs work

KAWT, first is alright, the second one is pretty fucked though, especially that A. id like to see the bars for that lol

EDIT: another one i just whipped up, don't think Y's are a good letter for me lol

and all you nigguhs need to get over to the battle thread and vote on the round robin
    Last edited by ian; 03-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ian - the first on has bars but the second one didn't. and on the sketches, the first one is dope with a nice background but you should try some new shit with your style. the second one is good but you randomly changed your name and people usually don't like the letter Y anyway. and your S should have been bigger or just positioned more down

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by KAWT View Post
    ian - the first on has bars but the second one didn't. and on the sketches, the first one is dope with a nice background but you should try some new shit with your style. the second one is good but you randomly changed your name and people usually don't like the letter Y anyway. and your S should have been bigger or just positioned more down
    well you should use bars for everything, all the time, period. try to find a good piece where bars were not used, they don't exist, and if they do, the writer has spent years working with bars and has a thorough understanding of how letters are built. you, however, do not have that, and therefore should use bars, ALWAYS. as for mine, i didnt change my name, just did an alternate spelling, tryin out some new letters, gettin practice, thats what its all about. NOYS, NOISE, NOIZ, NOYZ, all pronounced the same, different spellings. as for the S i was sorta trying to alternate bigger and smaller letters, and i tried to make it similar to the o, thanks for the input though, now get back to your simples, you need it

Can't help but think I missed something, Started on this just today. Would crit some people but I can't really see anything on the page right now. Please crit me and I'll owe you one thanks.Oh yeah it's not close to done. plan on coloring it and all that jazz have any ideas I'd appreciate hearing em.
    Attached Images  

you obviously can draw. gotta work on your lettering. lose the goofy arrow extension on your F, and personally i dont like the extensions that flair out on the E.

Yeah I felt like the arrow was pushing it but at least you can read what I wrote. That itself is a step forward in my book. By the way it's nowhere near done. So I'll see what I can do to make it less goofy as far as the "e" goes. What would you do with the "e" if you don't mind me asking cause leaving it as a standard E looked weak.

^^ at least make the letters uniform in size... from there you can play with minor extensions but i wouldnt go too nuts, since the rest of your lettering is blocked.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Dcicfhbimv that character is fucking sick. I quite like the R and H up there, but the F and E need some work. Those extensions coming from the ends should be dropped. If i was you, i'd slant the ends inwards, maybe add an extra bar going downwards (if that makes sense) but youve clearly got some talent anyway so keep it going and youll be fine.

Just the two pieces i uploaded the other day with a bit of colour.
    Did the other two earlier, not sure if the pink one has the right colour scheme, or maybe it needs a thicker outline.. cant really decide. Crits would be appreciated anyway.
    Attached Images    

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

bump for more crits?

dcicfhbimv-char is dope, letters are pretty bad. do some more simples, keyboard letters, dont go puttin those shitty ones on such a sick char, just makes it look bad. keep doin your thing but i would wait a while before combining your characters and letters because they are on 2 completely different levels.

skope-first one is alright, i dont like the squiggly bit on the I and the N is a little strange looking, second one is pretty good, but some of your bars are a little thicker than others, the E's and 3d on the 3rd are sickkk but all of the other letters need a lot of work, the D kinda looks like a U, the N kinda looks like an M. lose some of the weird bends, and that orange one is sloppy, the right side of the D that blackness needs to come down more

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

well the middle bar on the first n looks dodgy mabye widen it and drop the first bar and make a flat line on the bottom where the second and third bars connect if you dont understand just say.

on the second one looks alright just remove the addon on the first bar

Lol I'm giving you the same crits you gave me hahaha but the N and O on the second one are good but the Y S are stuggling, also I agree with nah, take out that extension on the N

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

might not be a "sketch", but I managed to finally pick up some canvases/new paint markers....I hate the "T" on this with a passion.
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScank View Post
    might not be a "sketch", but I managed to finally pick up some canvases/new paint markers....I hate the "T" on this with a passion.
    Last* T looks like a B, Looks like there is an E between the F and the L, first F looks like a backwards B

thepekins

NOISE that fisrt pic is mad progression dawg
    Denie- you Ds look like Us

^heres a gay pic so that I could post my props and little ass crit

DENIE - I like the first and last one, your Ds are struggling on the 2nd and 3rd, and the rest of the letters have some problems too.
    FLAT - I think you might have the entire alphabet in that piece...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

excellent page so far guys, thanks for being active, constructive, and helpful
    you all shall be rewarded with constant battles
    keep it up like this and there just might be prizes for the winners of future battles. no promises though, just MIGHT be... keep your hopes up
    props

Exchange for my nigguh ian

Skope-On the 2nd one try adding a strong outline you know a thicker one. I think it would help your piece consderably. My personally favorite of the 4 is the 3rd the color scheme is pretty sweet.
    Ian-the 2nd Noise with the "y' it kinda looks like a 4 and it messes with me.Idk what it is I ust don't like it. Would like to see some of your work done in pen and maybe colored.
    Flat-nice colors..what kind of markers do you use?