Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

fuxin around with my prismasss

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^blob for I on he first 1 you should have chose a color that contrasts with the green bubble background. On the 2nd 1 Bar width on the top right of N is off, left half of your O is gone, top bar of your I is straight and bottom 1 is curved... kinda looks weird. Middle part of your S isnt curvin at the bottom middle part... you know what im sayin? your E is lookin weird too... The last thing is I see you tried out the line thickening, you gotta make sure thickness is consistent on all the letters, im sure you can see where its not. but if you put black 3d you could prolly fix most of that. ...and outline with sharpie or whatever before you color it, it aint paint.

@centry its kinda hard to read, Can't tell what the letter is between what i think is an H and the M.. Hymer? The drips on the O look bad

flick for talk, by no means is this finished, round robin sketch

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah dude i Did that first I before the background and i wanted to do a nice yellow green BG but i didnt have any so it ended up like that. I agree tho. and the 2nd the letters were just real quick i really just wanted to test out the markers yadiggg? thanks for all the crits tho, yours is lookin pretty nice from what i can see, its a little tough to fully crit cuz its kinda small but it looks like the bars in the S are a little off as far as their widths, other than that, nothin major looks wrong with it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  on the move 029.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  104.6 KBany ideas on colour?Name:  on the move 032.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  117.5 KBjust scribbling at work

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

no color needed

@ Rezume, your first one with all the circles looks tight mate, really original.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^thas better than the last 1, H is wack though, bar width is inconsistent in a good amount of places

Name:  DSC01786.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  119.2 KBName:  DSC01783.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  122.3 KBName:  DSC01782.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  119.6 KBName:  DSC01778.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  116.5 KBName:  DSC01780.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  122.2 KB crits please? i fucked up the shading on one

Any constructive crits?

Name:  0412111854.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  88.8 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

whipped this guy out for the round robin:

@kweezy, not bad, letters have structure for the most part, little extension on the F and E look bad, top right of the R is fucked up, the breaks and random circles are no good, and the pointy edges on the bootoms of letters also look bad

@centry, other than the H and bar widths, lookin pretty good

Haven't done much other than characters lately but figured I'd throw my crits in the ring and try and help you guys out .
    Kweezy-I really don't like the "R" it looks kinda wonky no offense it just doesn't feel right to me. And some of the extensions feel forced primarily the one on th "F" and the "R" I do like the Circles on the "A" and the "E" they are simple but different and add a little originality to the piece. All in all pretty good. thats my two cents.
    Ian- I really don't like the reaper himself just doesn't seem to ass to the word very much. You could add skeleltal hands and make the scythe line up. Or go old school and shroud his face in pure black. And a side Idea the extension the "R" you could've made that into a scythe's blade which would look pretty tight.
    Terf-Letters need phenominal amounts of work and they overlap way too much for their own good.
    Last edited by Dcicfhbimv; 04-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.

hey guys im new to the forum, heres the first thing i really tried can you give me feed back on how i can get better Name:  photo-32.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  90.9 KB

same here as Dcicfhbimv said.

terf: dont hide the F so much, piece looks incomplete that way. just bring it out a little more! graff isnt about hiding letters, its abotu showing them! sometimes in a kind of a hard way, but they should all be seen properly!

kweezy: consistent with the bar widths, thats good! try combining other colors. and instead of leaving the inside of the letters plain white, do something interesting. just try stuff out and see if it works. practice makes perfect!
    also, the stuff going on at the bottom, isnt really happening for me. its got to have some kind of purpose . it needs to add to the piece, not distract from it!

kuf: keep the K simple man, its not really working.

do my other letter look ok? if not what can i imrove on other then the k

Try posting your pics in the way they are meant to be seen man. I'm getting a neck ache here. The "F" kinda looks like an "A" missing the right leg the "U" could pass as an "O"
    and I am really not feeling the bottom bar coming out of the "K" Start out writing in pencil softly KUF <- just like that, then adjust accordingly each letter should have equal representation Maybe give one more attention but if the sizes are inconsistant its hard to focus and even more difficult to read. Oh and arrows are a major cliche that and crowns. Try making up your own thing it can't be too bad. good luck man

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Just a few. And just wanted to say kweezy is my gf. lol she needs the good crits

i could use some too..

Name:  0414110258.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  0414110134.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  70.2 KB
    Name:  0412112044.jpg
Size:  48.9 KB
    Name:  Snapshot_20110324_2.JPG
Size:  36.9 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

No color. Not sure if I want to close the end of the "W".

Thoughts? Comments? Crits?
    Already screwed up and posted this in the Throwie section. My bad.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

no i don't like it