Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

im with PermanentMarkers on that one

wish i took more time on this, didnt think it all through\

I like it Dank, made me laugh.

I think you could add more detail to the clouds, right now they only have two dimensions, you should try to add depth to them, make it look like a platform he is sitting on if you know what i mean. You could maybe make the background a little busier, and if that joint is lit (i'm assuming it is if i'm supposed to hit it) its not smoking, and doesnt look on fire.

Oh, and the letters are good and simple, but the right bar of the U bugs me

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

its too late to add smoke, i was thinking about it. it woulda been a nice addition though.
    I'm gunna try that with the clouds, gunna have to think it through because i dont know how to pull that off well and id rather not ruin the piece, haha.
    thanks for the crits, gunna keep alot more stuff on my mind next time i draw something like this.

hahah whats this credit bullshit?
    Last edited by dankbudz; 05-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.

I would describe it as basically doing the bumpy things you did, but coming towards you instead of straight up, if that makes sense. You have to be very careful with them though. Definately practice before you try it on your piece. Dont do too many or else it wont make any sense. Use them to add depth to the clouds. For instance, you can make some of the bubbles look like they are in the back behind other ones by making your depth lines diappear behind the vertical ones.

Hope you can dechiper that

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by PermanentMarkers View Post
    You should add some highlights to the 3-D and the fill, distinguish your curves and such. 3D on the mid bar of the H is off on the right and middle.
    I aint got a white, 3d on middle bar of H is off because of coloring mistakes, i would rather have the 3d off then the green mix with the yellow on the second outline making it look weird. Like how on the end of the middle bar of the H there is fuckin pink in my yellow because i was going to originally going to leave that bar open and I colored it that way, but then decided to close it and going over the end parts of that pink would have made the middle bar's end look weird.... ya feel me?

but fasho on the crits

@dank lol i dont think buddha ever sat on any clouds... How you like drawing buddha? I tried drawing him sittin under a tree a few months back, but that shit was hella hard, making his man tits proportionate with his belly and fat head

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

haha well clearly im not going for realism. but drawing buddha was fun, ive done some goofy doodles of him in the past.
    yeah it took a litlle bit making his fat body look right with his head.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ rib - looks like your did a nice job and took your time on every detail, I understand why that's so important. I didn't notice any defects until perm pointed that one thing out, besides the missing outline around pop eyes right hand, either way it looks good.

@ dank - whoa haha buddah is exposed its official. na jp, cool concept i think thickening up the writing on top would help imo the J looks lit , nice letters down there those two D's look almost identical.

@ samurai - I especially like your random sketches i think your next ones try an improve on the coloring that would step them up a lot.

@aomin - your piece would improve a lot with more identical design on both sides of your letters.

@shroomsh - from what i can tell your style would look dope with more in depth detail and diverse colors. lets see it.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

aaaaye you noticied that eh? lol yeap another coloring mistake, colored that part in before i decided to outline popeye in yellow

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i dont know what crits have been given (tl;dr)... so heres mine;

everyone BUT ribcage, shroomsh and dankbudz need to go simpler.. easy as that

new shit ive been working on... crits plz?

p.s- ignore teh blue stuff inside the letters on the white and blue piece, the idea was MUCH better in my head lol
    Attached Images        

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Tasty, I'm not too sure about the way your bars connect on the blue and white piece, and I also think that there is too much negative space, try making some bars thicker than others to cut out unnecessary negative space in your piece. This said I am glad you understand bars, they are a big part in developing a unique style.

Ribcage, what can I say, that popeye character is dope.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ribcage what do you mean?

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh I mean connect your bars smoother, and keep the width/ wideness of your bars an equal length so bars look proportionate nahmean?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

part one of a project im working on.. gonna fill an a3 page with piece outlines then hopefully colour them.. this project was inspired by the fact that i only have one A3 page of bleed proof paper left
    Attached Images  

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

likein that shit shroomsh ...

few flicks ..

Snapshot_20110507 by grinder13, on Flickr

Snapshot_20110508_1 by grinder13, on Flickr

Snapshot_20110507_3 by grinder13, on Flickr

Snapshot_20110508 by grinder13, on Flickr

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

that first throwie on the top left humr is dope... especially the R

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Hi i'm Afro been writing for 5 months hers some of my sketches and drawing... http://www.flickr.com/photos/61764804@N07/

looks good. your headin in the right place!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

A couple of really old ones from a 2008. I know theres some real whack toy-like extensions on some of them, but i'm just looking for crits on the style of lettering more than anything. Also, it reads 'MONK'
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by Skope2; 05-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Skope- being a uk head myself too I think the styles are pretty wicked.Loving the second sketch and the third would be nice if you did it again with less extensions like you were saying. Got any pics of painted pieces??

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks dude. Nah I dont have any pics of painted pieces on this computer sorry.. Whereabouts in southwest are you from?