Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

  1. #108701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,067
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    @tasty what ive told you before applies to these letters as well, you need to make smooth transitions. I.e. make your bars connect a little smoother. Its hard to see on that one cause theres a lot of sketching lines still on it, but areas that connect like the extension from top E to D need to be either triaght or curved, pick one, dont make it straight and then at the last inch or so curve it in, also extensions like that dont make sense... That extension comes out of nowhere from that letter, work on the extensons from parts of the letters that have ends and then later down the road you can find places of movement in other parts of letters and add extensions there...if that makes sense.

    @aces my comp is really slow and I already started this reply so I cant go back a page so bump/re-post your pic and ill crit a little later

    @dafugg I meant well lol you shoulda chilled, but anyways that spelling thing made me lmao so I couldnt resist... spelling in a post clearly doesnt mean shit in any way...

  2. #108702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Skyrim, Tamriel
    Posts
    1,292
    Credits
    1,595
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    ^^thanks, im mainly just experimenting with connections and extensions, but i'll take that into consideration.

    finished, still cant find my camera
    reads BASOE, screwed up the O and made it look like a D

    Name:  Photo_00024.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  109.6 KB
    Last edited by TastyMcNasty; 07-05-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury


    Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

  3. #108703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Credits
    516
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    :P

  4. #108704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Credits
    516
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    bottom page bump

  5. #108705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Skyrim, Tamriel
    Posts
    1,292
    Credits
    1,595
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TastyMcNasty View Post
    ^^thanks, im mainly just experimenting with connections and extensions, but i'll take that into consideration.

    finished, still cant find my camera
    reads BASOE, screwed up the O and made it look like a D

    Name:  Photo_00024.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  109.6 KB
    bottom page bamp :3
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury


    Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

  6. #108706
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,937
    Credits
    93
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ribcage View Post
    @tasty what ive told you before applies to these letters as well, you need to make smooth transitions. I.e. make your bars connect a little smoother. Its hard to see on that one cause theres a lot of sketching lines still on it, but areas that connect like the extension from top E to D need to be either triaght or curved, pick one, dont make it straight and then at the last inch or so curve it in, also extensions like that dont make sense... That extension comes out of nowhere from that letter, work on the extensons from parts of the letters that have ends and then later down the road you can find places of movement in other parts of letters and add extensions there...if that makes sense.

    @aces my comp is really slow and I already started this reply so I cant go back a page so bump/re-post your pic and ill crit a little later

    @dafugg I meant well lol you shoulda chilled, but anyways that spelling thing made me lmao so I couldnt resist... spelling in a post clearly doesnt mean shit in any way...
    Here ya go thanks rib Oh and if you ever wanna do an exchange I'd be more than happy to
    Name:  KARCUS004.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  73.2 KB
    SEAZ

  7. #108707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    204
    Credits
    203
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    @Nah: You changed to Menuer? That sounds like manure but I guess it works with that shitty throw.

  8. #108708

    Default

    yeah totally rework it menu

  9. #108709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,937
    Credits
    93
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TastyMcNasty View Post
    bottom page bamp :3
    I'd make the bottom bar on the B a bit bigger so it doesn't get confused for an R, The left bar of the A disappears and the same thing happened with the E so work on that, like you said, the O looks like a D, I don't really like that little B like extension, the little bits that come off in only like 3 places seem very out of place for the piece, the 3D could use some work in just a few places and lastky (although it is a very small detail) the blue bubbles don't seem to fit either but if you wanna keep it then I would suggest still outlining the whole piece rather than just where the bubbles are (ie. the top of the B, A and E. On the good side I'm glad to see you using bars even if they aren't the best I can tell you used them.
    SEAZ

  10. #108710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,067
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    @aces aight here we gooo...First things first, your going to want to thicken up your outline lines, making them thicker after you lay em all down can help you fix bar widths and staightness of the lines and all that jazz, makes it look like you used a ruler when you didnt ya dig? now Starting with zee K, the left vertical bar doesnt match up with itself and the right leg is kinda weird lol. The A isnt that bad, if you thickened the outline lines up itd be an aight A. The R is deformed, almost looks like an A, the right leg is fused with the top, making it look weird, so you need to cut something out inbetween to exentuaute the top from the bottom. The blue things coming out of all the letters are wack except for the ones coming from the middle of the C and the middle of S. On the C tho the blue thing is right in the center making it look like an E ya digg? I think what you were trying to do was make it look like a C with the orange and a C with the blue and it worked, but when you look at em togethor it lloks like an E because that middle blue bar changes it from a C to an E (C+- makes E). The S gets pretty thick at the bottom...idk really what else to say for that...

    But uh yeah, breaking away from keyboard letters doesnt mean adding extensions! Cut out all that blue stuff and the minor extensions in yellow and your letters still break away from that simple keyboard letters. You can have good styled letters with absolutely no extensions at all. The yellow extensions are pretty subtle tho, so if your dying to do them go more for things like how you put a little kick on the bottom right leg of A and start with minor things like that, and then the larger more extravegant ones will come to you later but when they do you'll know where and where not to put them

    @tasty aces is right, do a second outline/fourcefield or whatever yall call it on here to all your letters with a color that will contrast with your background color, itll mke it look better
    Last edited by ribcage; 07-05-2011 at 06:18 PM.

  11. #108711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,937
    Credits
    93
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Thanks rib! I'll be probably sketching up some much more simple stuff as you said just by getting rid of the addons...I knew I went overboard but it was cause I liked the extensions (in blue) at the top left of the K and bottom right of the A so much I just kept adding them and it wasn't till I inked it that I realized just how overboard I went haha. Oh and as for the R I'm not trying to make an excuse but for me R is my devil letter...I have NEVER come out with a good looking R haha or a good U for that matter. I really think I need to do a full alphabet and keep working on every letter just so I have a good idea about how to construct all the letters not just the ones I like. Thank you for the crits again and trust me I will take them to heart and utilize them.
    SEAZ

  12. #108712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Skyrim, Tamriel
    Posts
    1,292
    Credits
    1,595
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace.K View Post
    @Nah: You changed to Menuer? That sounds like manure but I guess it works with that shitty throw.
    hahahahahah ohhhh snaaap!!!

    oh and thanks for the crits everybody :3
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury


    Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

  13. #108713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Craigsfrontporch
    Posts
    1,491
    Credits
    527
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nah! View Post
    bottom page bump
    props on getting micheal j fox or muhammad ali to do your outline
    Only Fuck Fat Bitches Crew !!


  14. #108714

    Default

    All I have to say for yesterday was, it was the fourth of july and I live in the biggest party town in california. Hence the spelling and confrontation. Sorry Rib, but also Aces, I'm not gonna throw solid fills for an exchange, I learned. besides a black book is a place for experimenting, so forgive me if it looks like shit.

  15. #108715
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New B, MA
    Posts
    20
    Credits
    68
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Name:  yea.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  206.8 KB stickers on painted cans got more in the works

  16. #108716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    204
    Credits
    203
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H1P30N3R View Post
    props on getting micheal j fox or muhammad ali to do your outline
    I just shed a tear from laughing. Oh man.

  17. #108717
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,067
    Credits
    3
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    @dafugg where in cali do you live? If you dont live in the bay ima seriously doubt that you live in the "biggest party town" in cali

  18. #108718
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    127
    Credits
    2
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aces View Post
    Thanks rib! I'll be probably sketching up some much more simple stuff as you said just by getting rid of the addons...I knew I went overboard but it was cause I liked the extensions (in blue) at the top left of the K and bottom right of the A so much I just kept adding them and it wasn't till I inked it that I realized just how overboard I went haha. Oh and as for the R I'm not trying to make an excuse but for me R is my devil letter...I have NEVER come out with a good looking R haha or a good U for that matter. I really think I need to do a full alphabet and keep working on every letter just so I have a good idea about how to construct all the letters not just the ones I like. Thank you for the crits again and trust me I will take them to heart and utilize them.
    ^this. In my original BB I have about 30 pages of the full alphabet built from bars, In my studio I have a fat poster with the whole alphabet in keyboard letters just for reference. Just remember that its never too late to bring that advanced steez, but usually to early to bring it. besides that rib got it covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slushi View Post
    I didn't realize this was a thread until someone edited "thread" into the name.

    Good lookin' out, mods!
    I am a habitual liar, everything i write is pure fiction and holds no truth.
    303,720,719 writers PM me.

  19. #108719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Credits
    516
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace.K View Post
    @Nah: You changed to Menuer? That sounds like manure but I guess it works with that shitty throw.
    no not menuer!!! menu like n u e m but the m goes first and the u goes last and the other letters go in the middle


    and i dont write me|\|u anyway i stole the pic!!
    Last edited by nah!; 07-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.

  20. #108720
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty south west, UK
    Posts
    201
    Credits
    141
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Sketched this up on the spot for a friend.. been so bored lately need to stop blazing soo much yoo
    Name:  IMG_1411.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  199.7 KBName:  IMG_1415.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  200.2 KB


 

Similar Threads

  1. Blackbooks For Sale
    By D Snif in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 05:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back Top