Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yo ribcage that is good ma man, except that E. that extension from the bottom bar to make the middle bar is pretty fucked.
    /
    been a while since i posted any pics, havent had much sketchin time. Crits on this bad boy?

messer thanks for advice will try that later this is officially last appearance of lightning bolt "S" since i drew this before i read the post.
    i thought i'd try something a little bit more stylized this time , and decided to try a 3d also
    Name:  DSC00134.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  193.6 KB

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

A couple quick simples, not a lot of effort put in so if you want to crit just stick to the lettering I guess.

This one was bleeding throught the yellow highlight to the bottom sketch and got black and red in it. Self crits: The C is too small compared to the other letters and the E and K shouldn't have been connected that much.

Self crits on this one: Top curve on C is bigger than bottom, the hole in the A is fucked up and the leg on the K is too short. I was more of trying to work with blending in fills on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Satan View Post
    messer thanks for advice will try that later this is officially last appearance of lightning bolt "S" since i drew this before i read the post.
    i thought i'd try something a little bit more stylized this time , and decided to try a 3d also
Views: 97
    bumping this cause i was last post

Views: 130
    Last edited by Mc Satan; 07-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Bring your letters in closer together^

besides that what about the font and my first 3d attempt?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    yo ribcage that is good ma man, except that E. that extension from the bottom bar to make the middle bar is pretty fucked.
    /
    been a while since i posted any pics, havent had much sketchin time. Crits on this bad boy?

bottom page bumpage

also, mc satan, make letters that are made from bars, consistent width, and close together. Also make them look like normal letters for now
    Last edited by ian; 07-08-2011 at 05:33 PM.

allrite first attempt at having the letters be slightly on top of each other plus 3d
    Name:  DSC00139.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  184.4 KB

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@ian your a fuck face, and why is your O a U

@Rib, I feel like the BA and the SE are two slightly different styles or something and it doesn't help the flow very much. The E isn't your best, as you know, but overall your letters are pretty solid. Not too sure I'm digging that disappearing extension off the top of the A though. I think it would be dope if you made it connect to form the crossbar of the A. And the O might be a little too small. Other than that, not bad. Good luck in that battle!

@Ace, The places where your letters connect in that top sketch look bad because your bars don't line up properly there. In that second sketch, the top of the A and the hole inside it are bad. You missed 3D on the inside of the E and the top left leg of the K, and overall it's not great. (Note the bottom right left of the K)

@Noise, Man, don't tell me that's not supposed to be an O. The N's style doesn't seem to match because it's all straight lines compared to your O, S, and E which are almost entirely curved. The bars on it are too wide too. I do like the fills and the clean outline. Keep working on that style you used for the S and the E because it does have some potential.

McSatan, I'm not going to draw your name for you because that's something you need to learn to do on your own. As for your latest sketch, keep the 3D going the same direction; they way you made it on the C isn't working. You're missing some pink on the bottom right side of the M, and the 3D on the top of the S is bad. Keep all the diagonal lines that form the 3D either parallel, or angled towards a vanishing point. It's called perspective. Also remember to watch your bar widths. Widen that S up and cross those A's.
    Last edited by Rasm; 07-08-2011 at 09:05 PM.

actually i wanted to try it out without the crosses on the A also i know i fucked the 3d on the C and the S. does someone mine doing an S and a C in simple format so i can see the 3d first hand. it's been bothering me

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Glad to say that this is where its at
    Name:  Xist.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  185.2 KB

@satan, me doing you a piece would be the worst thing for you.. you would start to bite, not on purpose but you will. ya have to develop your own style

well can someone just do a simple 3d s and c im fuckign them up badly need soem reference

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

ian - like rib said ur O looks kinda like a U, but other then that i like it
    Shroomsh - that looks sick, i really like the cracks in it

just colored this in, crits please
    Name:  ewal.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  59.7 KB

ok both S and C 3d went a lot better this time, but i feel like i may have messed up the T.
    Name:  DSC00140.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  182.7 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Ace.k- thats actually not that bad, you coulda cleaned it up a bit more though
    Shroomsh- lookin sick, maybe extend that bar on the X more downward. the one that goes like /
    EWL- work on smoother lines and you are missing the 3d on part of the E, and that top bar is funky.
    Mc Satan- practice more, dont overlap letters, if you do then make them consistent for each letter. , that S is funky and you should work on your lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes

thanks im jsut trying out new things as i go along,i knwo i gotta work on my S for some reason its always ugly. now was i right about the 3d on the T looking odd or is it jsut me?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

its always ugly cause you need to keep practicing.
    the 3d looks weird cause of the angle. since you got all the negative space on the left and right it looks funny. and you are missing some on the S.
    Paint Fumes

oh yeah just realized that on the S oh well at least personally i feel improvement they are taking a lot less each time. gto any suggestions on anything else i should practice?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

your letters. and take your time.
    Paint Fumes