Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

now thats on point (more or less). some of the bar widths are a little weird, but not bad all in all. from there you can start adding minor extensions and connections, and slowly evolve that style/.
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i actually posted my last post (like 3 pages back, soopakalafrajilistik...) cos i was wondering about lining the letters up (and for the practice... DUH!). I didn't line em up much cos i reckon it makes the shadow look like an uninteresting block, especially in something with lots of letters that have a solid bottom. Having the letters climb over each other a bit means i can have some corners and stuff showing up in the shadow. Also i just dont flow ruler even and never have. So i was looking for oppinions on whether slightly uneven letters for a more interesting shadow is a bad idea, and whether i should work on getting my flow ruler straight or just go with it since it IS my real flow.

For the record, everything before that post was during a slight weed dry spell and i swear i forgot what the fuck i was trying to do. After i got back on the sticky i remembered that i normally rock a line like superkalafrajilistik in about 2-3 mins add about 2 more for shadow. Simply speaking, i wasn't flowing from letter to letter, i was trying to emulate a stencil. I don't normally write anything like that. I'm uber embarressed. Not that i think anything i've done since then is any better, just more ME.

Not that i condone drug use...
    Last edited by Mischuf; 09-13-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    Peace or Piece, its all the same to me...

this is my first little throwup sketch i guess, just a random word i wrote, whats good, whats bad

Name:  IMG_0317.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  194.6 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Shit Outta Luck View Post
    Did this in math lol it looks funny
    Attachment 31938
    because the shadow from the half way point down is off. The bottom protion of the s and left side of the bottom of the O go the wrong direction. I agree with tasty, start experimenting a bit, but when it comes to 3d and shadows you gotta be careful it can make a simple look good or just make it look bent in odd directions etc. Attention to detail is key. Work it out.

nickle: I suck at throws bad so you may not wanna listen too close.... but maybe try something like this. Name:  sliprefix.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  192.0 KB red is suggested lines, pink I think should be dropped all together and blue are suggested connection points. guys you wanna crit my crits as I suck at throws?
    Last edited by PETER; 09-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sketch ting

Name:  IMG_1554.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  195.1 KB

thanks for the tips pete, yeah after i was done and looked at the day after i thought the arrows shouldnt be there either, making it too complicated, AND they are both kinda facing the same direction without even lines

Quote Originally Posted by pez 1794 View Post
    Attachment 31866
    C looks horrible I know. Crits on these?
    Bumping this

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

pointman - i like it, the background kinda reminds me of puke though

pez - the only good letter is the A in the middle, so make all the rest simple like that

did this on some tree bark i got from my back yard , crits please
    Name:  ewal wood.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  58.4 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i dont even know

Photo 229 by ripmb, on Flickr

Name:  IMG_7685.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  178.4 KBName:  IMG_7689.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  182.2 KBName:  IMG_7690.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  176.4 KBName:  IMG_7691.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  186.1 KBName:  IMG_7692.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  183.7 KB

Positive and negative criticism is welcome and encouraged. Thanks!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

that haste throw is hurtin. if it hadn't been for the hand in the corner i'd have thought it said krste.
    I sever heads, just to sharpen my skills

IMG_0043 by sirduke!, on Flickr

charrrr

Quote Originally Posted by aaesoo View Post
    that haste throw is hurtin. if it hadn't been for the hand in the corner i'd have thought it said krste.
    Can you give me some advice, then? Thanks.

@livefree for the haste purple, the colours cool, just maybe dont flare out the right leg on the H and the A, and maybe not so high on the T, like aaesoo said it makes it look like krste

a couple handstyles i used to write in high school, still a little shaky but you get the idea, whats good/poop?

Name:  IMG_0314.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  197.5 KBName:  IMG_0319.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  199.2 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

nickle: the second one is by far better than the first.... for several reasons. The top one has a lot of extra stuff that doesn't really work (kinda like the arrows in the throw). It changes between smooth and jagged letters which throws the flow off. I suggest making your K's more like the R's in the second one. The E in the second is pretty solid, but the first one feels forced. Jump in the toy handstyle battles.

^ thanks man, yeah the scribe handie has always been my better one, less is more i guess and i just started trying to flare the bottom of the I like that i used to just throw a straight bar on the bottom, havent quite got it down yet, and i agree with the first one on how like the star looks wack AND the arrow is kinda goin no where hahah, but thanks for the crits boss, ill check the battle thread today
    life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cause she wont let you get that pussy - Aesop Rock

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by nickelbagger View Post
    this is my first little throwup sketch i guess, just a random word i wrote, whats good, whats bad

Name:  IMG_0317.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  194.6 KB
    That's pretty nice deff drop those arrows, though
    Name:  IMG00614-20110913-1753.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  105.9 KB
    Did this during class. sorry for the fill, i happened to be using the world's shittiest marker.
    Crits and stuff?
    Btw i know the hand is puke i did it w/o thinking
    Last edited by Saiko; 09-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.

atom: put some type of hole in the A, space out the T so it doesn't look like a lower case r and I'm not an %100 sure but i think ur shadows a little f@#ked up. it shouldn't show a shadow on both the top and bottom i think its suppose to be one or the other. u have it goin across the whole bottom but then u only have it on the top of ur T and O. get rid of that and leave the left and bottom sides

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Thanks. I the shadow is seriously f'kdup. i'll try and keep a single vanishing point.