Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

more smooth lines and improve your shadow... cuz right now its sucks ass. its to uneven in spots.

make it bigger... and ur style looks like you got it off graffiti creator...

dont let the sides of he letters be so wavy and stuff. and the shadow is totally off. its supposed to be a drop shadow right?

still learning
    right side is a bit congested
    any other crits would be sick

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

everyone on this page, except cred, is doing it wrong. you all need to go simpler
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

you learn from challenging yourself
    but i feel it

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by toys.r.us View Post
    you learn from challenging yourself
    but i feel it
    thats true. but you wont get anywhere without learning your basics first
    Jealousy, some say it's sickening
    They merely can't afford this highest form of luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Arose.One View Post
    do your outline in goat's blood and pray to the dark lord

word

lines need some work

Quote Originally Posted by TastyMcNasty View Post
    everyone on this page, except cred, is doing it wrong. you all need to go simpler
    this
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now." - Riley Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by MN Nice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko View Post
    Coleo are you using paint and brush, or is that a pen?
    Ever heard of a fucking mop?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Dear Good Writers on this Site,

Not to be the defiant toy but nobody wants to hear someone on the internet tell them that they can't draw worth shit....instead of "go simpler" as hard as this may seem, how about just giving tips to improve current styles? Every time i try and take people seriously on here and go simpler i end up over thinking all of my sketches and give myself the yips. My point is, just as we all like to defy the law and vandalize, we all like to defy other people, especially when their advice doesn't actually contain any tips or guidelines.

Go ahead, call me a fag or a loser or even the dreaded "TOY" for trying to point this out.....all i know is I'm going to put paint on peoples walls no matter what you think and that for me is what this is all about.

^obviously this doesnt apply when people are going way out of their league but when i can't get some tips for improvement on a simple simple style, theres a problem
    Last edited by ven0m; 03-10-2012 at 05:14 AM.
    Treat suckas like paint so call me turpentine; Removin motha-f**kas from the surface, and I'll rob your home land like the Mississippi purchase.........

Meltin' on top of a big ole' pile of flapjacks
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

They are telling you to go simpler for good reason, if you don't like it than ignore it. Think about the benefit of simples this way. If you attempt a piece with extensions, crazy letter forms, and all that jazz, but your basic letter form is not perfected, than obviously adding extensions and all that other stuff isn't going to fix it. You can't polish a turd. By starting simple you can learn the best ways to attain flow and bend your letters. That's like trying to backflip a motorcross bike before you've even learned to shift gears. If you want to ignore people who are good writers advice, than that's your choice nukka. All of my progression (if you can call it that) is from listening to the advice iv gotten from here.

Also tits.

Meltin' on top of a big ole' pile of flapjacks
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^Such a negative nancy

Edit: Also @Kinger who the fuck are those 3 posts directed at?
    Last edited by cred1384; 03-10-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I am not in any way interested in piecing. I want to bomb and tag.
    Treat suckas like paint so call me turpentine; Removin motha-f**kas from the surface, and I'll rob your home land like the Mississippi purchase.........

Feedback please?

Name:  IMG_0084.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  87.2 KB
    y0.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@shearz - some of the ideas are nice but i dont think its working overall. I didn't realize that was a Z until i kept staring intensely, and those wavy bar - vein things connecting letters looks awkward. hate to say it but, try some simples.

@ cred - i wasn't feeling that as much as your other stuff, i think its all starting to get super super clean though

@ doss - i kind of get what you mean, but just ignore it if you don't care, no need to bring it up.

@ kinger - from seeing some of your other posts i can only say, take everything you know - and completely forget it.

@ toys - the shading and detail looks nice on that first post, but you should try more simples - or do whatever.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Dossbog View Post
    but when i can't get some tips for improvement on a simple simple style, theres a problem
    There is an entire thread dedicated to this very thing (new to Graffiti). No one is going to hold your hand while you try to figure out your own shit.... I'm not gonna help you climb the ladder I'm too busy climbing mine type shit. You might get some tips as to why something doesn't work etc, but when you haven't even tried to grasp the basics and it stands out like a blind man at a nude beach and talk about wanting tips and then about not giving a shit what people say no one is going to take you seriously and frankly your drawing should be deleted at that point or you should just stop posting. If you want tips take them and take the time to educate yourself. CRED is doing it and shows like a mother fucker.

Best tip you will ever get. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DRAW.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@PETER aside from my little alcohol induced ledge moment, i can't agree more with your final statement.

anybody help me with a name that starts with an A?

@shears - try gaining some structure. some of your swoops look off. the shading is kind of all over the place. think of a light source and direction. like have it all on one side. not imploding everywhere. just my 2 cents

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

drunk fill and freestyle
    Attached Images   
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildstyles View Post
    Dkode king of your neighborhood park!
    Paint Fumes