Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Blackbooks

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i like the hand style mn, i think the 4 looks good too, cant really give u any usefull crits

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

is it meant to be a 4 or a Y i have the same problem with your throwies

tried to join some letters and fucked up one so i made them all the same and it turned out worse, shit hand definitely need to work on themName:  image (18).jpg
Views: 138
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  image (17).jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  139.6 KB
    Last edited by Semper; 08-19-2012 at 08:17 AM.

bdsm-not feeling what your doing there, bar widths are all over the place, and dont use that ruler
    Dvizzle-keep em coming man, start having a bit of a play now, try tall skinny/short wide letters, throw some bends and kinks here and there, drip/crack details ect
    MN-im guessing its a 4, bending that tall bar back under the rest will always make it look like a y, i'd suggest making the horizontal bar the main feature as it were, rather than tucking it up there, if im wrong and its a y....love it, do a full name in that style NOW!
    semper-better stuff from you man, like the first one more, but maybe only due to the second being quite a rigid typo style im looking for more uniformity, like making sure the horizontal bars of the SE PER are all o the same line, see how even in this font theres three thrend lies, top of the letters bottom and the middle lines up, not sure if im making sense im in wake bake and crit mode
    G!

Almost finished with it.

I'm about to crash for the night but yeah I was going for kind of a gradual bar increase, like on the main bar of the 4, for those E's but it didn't work out. The top of the S just looks weird because of the outline of the E next to it, I wish I noticed before I outlined it. Is the style at least worth fucking with? Because I like it and feel like I can get some good variety out I the letters but still maintain within the styling.

Thanks for the crits tho

i think you should keep this for a while, defo worth keeping
    G!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

semper, your handstyles look like they where bitten from somewhere because they look to advanced for where the skill level you are at, thinken up those bars and try to get it more of a round feeling,

4eyes, see on the s where the dark green starts, instead of making that bar into a backwards c, break it up into 3 or 4 bars because all of your other letters have more kinks or bents in them.

Rewz your shit sucks and need to post more...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks gpers, im gonna try making small tweaks and shit like small bends and stuff, maybe practice some simple effects and shit, appreciate it dude

semp i like that first one more, the second one's bars r kinda to skinny and the S isnt working i dont think, take gpers advice and also maybe try making ur handstyle simpler and more clean, ur trying to rush it too much i think, keep at it man

MN i like it but something bout the E's doesnt seem right, prob just me but maybe try it without the top extension or bottom extenion and instead give the bottom bar a bit of a bend or somthing, keep at it dude

Trying out some new shit. Crits?
    Name:  IMG_8064.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  179.1 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

take ur time with doing simps, make all the bars striaght and even, keep all ur tops and bottoms flat, maybe lose the curve thing on the right bottom leg of ur K in the throws

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

MN - thats looking good, but maybe u should make ur four look like this 4, since every one keeps asking if its a Y
    kaze - i dont think it looks forced, but i would bring the leg of the E down a bit and make the extension on the M shorter

crits please
    Name:  bender.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  32.5 KB

@ewal thats dope, don't really wanna give you crits cause i'm inexperienced but i just can't help but seeing an N when i look at the L. Maybe lower that middle section a little?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Rewz my hand isn't bitten I've just been doing it way longer than pieces.
    PRIZE BATTLES HERE

If you wanna get down on these hairy balls why don't you jump right in, it's a crotch party right up in here.

Follow me on insta @originalrade

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

kaze- the swirl isn't even noticeable, just leave the s how it is. keep fucking around and trying the simple extensions

tried to fatten up the bars and make the middle ones all the sameName:  image (20).jpeg
Views: 153
Size:  105.2 KB

not so good with rounded lettersName:  image (19).jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  98.5 KB
    Last edited by Semper; 08-20-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    PRIZE BATTLES HERE

If you wanna get down on these hairy balls why don't you jump right in, it's a crotch party right up in here.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks semper, yeh thats wat i thought 2 after i colored in that gap..i shoulda left it white but then i was thinking that the drop shadow would look weird then but next time im gonna just leave it blank...or if my outline was a bright color then it would work better.

i actualy like that round one u did there more then the top one, still gotta get ur bars more even but its looking better, with the top one dont have the top and bottom bars of ur S go over the middle like that, keep practicing man

i know this probably looks retarded, was just experimenting and got carried away..i think the drop shadow is kinda off too on the D from the wrest of the letters...any crits on this shit would be appreciated
    Name:  IMG_0952.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  28.5 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

sorry for flooding the thread I'm just bored and drawing a lot tonight
    all i can say is thats wack, get the ones like before down first. i know sometimes everyone gets bored and does some wack shit so just yeah remember to go slowly.

the inconsistency with the bars is probably because i spend less than 3mins on each one so I'm gunna spend more time from now on. if i keep on practicing it should correct Name:  image (21).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  67.0 KB
    PRIZE BATTLES HERE

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Whats up guys. Ive had writers block for a few days now, ive been doing simps and I think ive been getting better, but I still see other progressing way faster than me, every time I try to add something new or add extra bars etc to a piece it seems to look worse, im not sure where I'm meant to go from here, can any more experienced writers on here give me any advice? its not that other toys advice isnt helping but even when I crit myself or others theres a limit to my knowledge of graff so im not really sure what direction I should be heading in from here. Any advice would help a lot as I am the only writer in my area that I know of and im the only person I know what writes so cant get any help anywhere else. Thanks guys.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i know i suck and am not the help ur looking for but i think thoughs r looking good, i dontreally like that e though but thats just me, maybe try messing with som uppercase E's or even try doing a bunch of straight letter simps, they help alot. just keep drawing man

semper that bottom one is looking better, i think the lower case E's or more normal E's would match the style more though

Messing around..critical if u want
    Name:  l_eaa3fe159dd98108f2ba9f14ce6bf5ec.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  13.2 KB

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

crits Name:  transfer to 006.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  59.3 KBName:  transfer to 007.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  54.2 KB
    Last edited by QUEEZ; 08-21-2012 at 07:32 AM.