Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Jesus Saves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zealot, Jun 19, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Zealot

Zealot Elite Member

Reposted from http://www.untitledname.com/archives/2005/...esus_saves.html
    (Action photos there as well)

By Jesus Saves, as told to Untitledname.com

I've been through a lot in my life: arrested a number of times, gone to jail, been robbed, shot at, bought it, sold it, and smoked it. I started being in the streets in '87 with MSD crew -- Money, Sex, Drugs. It became this posse or gang thing. People made it more than a graffiti crew. I was real young -- about 12 years old.

I don't want to brag about it though. People think you're phony when you talk about how tough you are, how ghetto you are, how you smoke pot, carry a gun and rob people. I was tired of that life so I try to stay quiet. People think they can push you around if you don't shine, but you might just be a teddy bear packed full of TNT, like Tom and Jerry. Everything is between me and God these days.

I'm old fashioned. I like a lot of things from the 80s because it was fun back then. I love listening to the Beatles, going to church, playing Super Nintendo -- those are the only games I'll ever play. I'm not buying Playstation or Xbox -- they're difficult and they've got too many buttons. I got Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Super Mario, Mario All-Stars with all the lost levels, Pinball, F-Zero, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter 2. I always got to be Ryu. Ken and Ryu are brothers with the same moves, but Ken's kick goes a little further.

Even though people don't play these games they'll miss them someday. Do you know how many people would die to play Atari 2600 again? But you can't find it anywhere. I miss playing the boxing game, Pole Position, and Strawberry Shortcake. They look like kid games, but they entertain me.

It's embarrassing to have done a lot of bad things. Right now I got love for people. I regret everything I ever did, but I still love graffiti. Since I was converted around '94 I've been memorizing the Bible a lot. I'm learning that salvation doesn't just happen through religion or church. Lots of people go to church, but it's just a building. Religion is just a name, but through Jesus -- well, you know.

I wanted to start writing something positive like Jesus Saves, Jesus Lives, or God is Love or something. People tell me they saw my message on a bad day and got a smile on their face. People tell me, "You stupid contradiction! You go to church and praise God, but you're writing on people's property!". I go to church with a lot of graffiti writers. The Bible doesn't say anything about graffiti being a sin though. It's like drawing on a piece of paper. We're young. We just want to paint. God understands that.

Maybe I'm giving the gospel a bad name. Who knows.
    aphotos9.flickr.com_16595090_a2a1ee291f.png
    aphotos11.flickr.com_16595091_8dfd5b5347.png

jacked straight off of 12oz but im curious as to what you guys think of this guy? considering he's got lotsa ups?

2. skateparadise

skateparadise Elite Member

i think the dude is cool. i didnt really want to read about him liking super nintindo or anything. but that's cool if he Rep's God and shit... he's getting up's putting a message for soemhting positive...

it's funny the first flick.... it says FUCK... and then hes writing under it Jesus Saves.... it kinda looks like he's telling thoes people who wrote that stuff there before him that Jesus saves..

3. OPRAH!

OPRAH! Senior Member

his hands look dope, hes mad old school

4. skateparadise

5. sorce oner

sorce oner Senior Member

i go to church in a i guess you can call ghetto area. i met 2 writers in church,so i guess its not too much of a sin since the bible dosent say anything about it

6. skateparadise

just cause you met 2 other writers in church doesnt mean it's ok to write. haha but you're right there is nothing in the bible that says it's a sin. and even if it was... we are human.. we sin... its a fact of life.

7. MAST

MAST Elite Member

yeah i've seen some of that guy's work in nashville on the interstate and stuff

8. SoldAsFreedom

SoldAsFreedom Senior Member

Yeah it's kinda like Political Graffiti exept he's getting the word out about his beliefs in religion not politics. Seems pretty cool..maybe he'll start a new trend and we'll see "Praise Allah" places too.

9. ASEN

ASEN Banned

handstyles.

i'm not into jesus, but good work with the positive message.

10. skateparadise

handstyles.

i'm not into jesus, but good work with the positive message. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: word. he has good style on the 2nd flick.

11. OPRAH!

OPRAH! Senior Member

im not into jesus either, im an athiest.. hes got talent though

12. Tony

Tony Elite Member

weres this guy from??? i didnt see it anywere

13. flclnaruto1213

flclnaruto1213 Elite Member

i think hes pretty cool, he spent to much time talking about like nintendo though

14. StoopKid

StoopKid Senior Member

it would be tighter if he wrote something like.......

NIGZWITWIGZ or someing.

15. skateparadise

and what the fuck does that have to do with Jesus (the point he wants to put across to people) ??????????

16. skrooeapatape

skrooeapatape Senior Member

not that i believe in christianiti as some absolute truth but it does say 'honor thy neighbors property' and other shit pointing to graffiti = sin in bialbe.. so dont be so quik to jusitify

anyway i'd personly prefer 'god' loves.. i think jesus is just part of the specific images/story trend people then associate with 'god' (just a word) but i belive in something like whasst we feel about it.. a source something greater ina senese love everything whatever.. something.ir

17. Zealot

Zealot Elite Member

Hes from the east coast. Based out of New York i believe.

18. GoTaS

GoTaS Member

Nice, except the Super Nintendo isn't from the 80s. 1991 baby!

-GoTaS

19. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

Go find a religous forum.

20. Sero

Sero Senior Member

That jacket is tight. ;)