Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

Thread: Walls

[QUOTE=uknowigetup;1792594]@Axil
    Practice man, and then when you start to see letter bars in your sleep, sketch some more. And then paint. I'm not going to say to not paint, but work on your letters before you go out and take unnecessary risks. I once painted whack shit like that, just progress with your sketches, and then paint them. But make sure it's worth painting. Can control is just as important and letter structure, so don't just stick to the coloring books like a lot of the people on the blackbooks thread.[QUOTE]

Once painted whack shit like that? Incase i missed something big, im pretty sure you didnt become god overnight. And im pretty sure its still not that great even if u did improve. Id rather see okay sketches in the bbook thread for a while than terrible crack baby pieces that make my eyes throw up everyday. All in all, I say stick to books for a while until you got some dope stuff down.
    Regardless of all of my posts, I do not do Graffiti and I also do not condone it, I take pictures of other people's graffiti.

Quote Originally Posted by PETER View Post
    Kill your self isn't a crit
    Quote Originally Posted by dankbudz View Post
    maybe one day someone else can fulfill your fantasy of "feeling your shit" but I'm good on that

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver_slick View Post
    You got that Down Syndrome meets Parkinsons style homie

Ran outta paint...couldn't finish cleaning it up.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  102.5 KB
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now." - Riley Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by MN Nice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko View Post
    Coleo are you using paint and brush, or is that a pen?
    Ever heard of a fucking mop?

Quote Originally Posted by gemer View Post
    not diggen it first time painting this year
    Attachment 66469
    what you need is to do cutbacks on that shit

Critz please, through this piece together like 20 minutes before painting it, so my letter structure is pretty shitty. Especially the damn n, which always gives me hell. I really just wanted to paint this new e that I've been toying with. Other than that, my letters here are pretty fugly. Sorry for the reflection, there is a lamp post right behind this wall, so taking pictures at night is difficult.
    @Mildstyle, I'm not claiming to be hot shit, but when I first started writing, I would impulsively paint, and that shit would like quite a bit like axils.

Apparently mtn gold pink is basically transparent, that's the last time I'll use that ish.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

executed well pretty good can control but your letters are horrible no structure bro. Id stick to using that rusto 2x until you actually get good unless you just have money to burn. keep painting tho by the time you get good letters your can control will be dope.
    Only Fuck Fat Bitches Crew !!

Thanks Hipe, I know those letters are not pretty at all. I was lusting over piecing and pulled a pile of shit sketch together too fast. I've been working with my bars, and will be uploading some basic stuff pretty soon. I really don't use montana or high quality paint very often. I just love montana, was planning on doing a better job with that fade, but it was windy as fuck and I was just spraying in the wind when attempting to fade... And seeing those crisp ass mtn lines makes me jizz myself. Typically I stick with painters touch/rusto, cap adapters give really soft lines, but getting better with the adapters makes you that much better with good paint. Gracias for the good critz, and you will see some structure next time.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

thanks for the crits guys and yea its a bit rusty thats fer sure didnt have any thin caps for an outline
    @ norfsthur what r cutbacks?
    SEMK ONE

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by gemer View Post
    thanks for the crits guys and yea its a bit rusty thats fer sure didnt have any thin caps for an outline
    @ norfsthur what r cutbacks?
    Finally I see you paint punk! Sheesh kept me waiting long enough. First off what cap did you use cause the outline is thick, you could either cutback, meaning taking your silver and thinning out the black outline from the inside and making your edges sharp. Or use a smaller cap for the outline with a sharper cut to it like a elmers glue spray cap, or skinny pro depending on if you rock import or hardware paint. Either way I like the jist, simple and appealing. Nice gem
    Quote Originally Posted by 4menace2society0 View Post
    why is there only one other person in here that does graffiti and not scribble in their coloring books?

I need to practice this "painting" stuff
    crits? besides the fact that i should have made the A small or E big
    Name:  glowpiece.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  35.3 KB
    Last edited by Mildstyles; 04-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Regardless of all of my posts, I do not do Graffiti and I also do not condone it, I take pictures of other people's graffiti.

maybe one day someone else can fulfill your fantasy of "feeling your shit" but I'm good on that

[QUOTE=gemer;1792661]not diggen it first time painting this year
    Name:  04252012032.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  167.1 KB

What kind of paint is that? Is it fresh? Or I've seen some paint, I think it was australian imports that look similar to that...? It looks good, Im digging the flow, the yellow outline isn't the best but like you said it was your first time painting this year so thats no problem. I'm by far not the best person to give lettering advice but I would fatten that m out and work on the middle part. And in my experience, unless you are using high quality paint, cuts really don't work out that well. They just end up dusting over the outline even if you move quickly and aim the can away from the outline. I really don't think you need to use a smaller cap, just work on your can control/fades. The only cap I ever ever use is a NY fat. In the picture I edited, the blue circles represent the fat outlines, that you need to work on. The blue arrow I attempted to draw on the S would be considered a cut, you would use the chrome can to CUT into the black outline, which makes it sharper. When outlining the letters, its important to keep the can straight and equidistant from the wall, however, when you actually go inside the letter to define it, you should try to go from large to small. This gives the letter style and all around looks a lot better. You can practice this by painting on a wall/piece of practice wood you don't care about. Basically, just aim the can straight, and quickly flick your wrist/arm in a downward motion, while moving down, move the can closer to the wall, so your cap almost touches the wall. Do this over and over again. Eventually your lines should look kind of like a cone. Once you get your straight fades down, start doing curved lines and angles. Keep at it though, your letter structure rapes mine haha, I hope this wall of text helps.

@Naked, looks pretty good dude. That white outline is pretty poor, but sometimes walls can eat paint so that may be the case... Work on making that E bigger, unless you want to rock the baby e which doesn't look bad. Filling with light colors and then outlining/3d with dark colors makes it pop a little more, as well as bright outlines. But that's just my personal color preference. Stay up.

Word thanks emune, the white was supposed to be a glowish thing like it wasnt a solid outline i tried to make it flare out...didnt work. But thanks man

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Gowj: Sounds like a good day.
    Naked: You're getting better. Did you put the can parallel to the wall facing away from your outline?

@ naked that A is super weak, and youll be better set making a cap E that fits the size of the others

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Name:  DSC01007.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  190.6 KBName:  DSC01009.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  203.5 KBName:  524654_277175259042922_100002513503133_582925_1535897706_n.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  56.0 KBName:  PART_1335546515293.jpeg
Views: 204
Size:  50.7 KBName:  542994_278815735545541_100002513503133_585815_696934068_n.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  57.1 KB

gowj- sick flow, im diggin it alot
    naked- all i can really say is keep paintin, it seems like u got the feel of ur letters down
    Last edited by seywhat; 04-28-2012 at 04:16 PM.

give crits to get crits in the toy forum.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

norf that is solid bro simple and clean. really like your style

that white and gray seyar is fly shit, mook life looking good too.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

This one is for zook !!

Name:  pask.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  129.0 KB

Damn seyar you guys are killing that legal. I'm loving the blue and green piece. Hit this up about an hour ago. My flow is a bit janky, mostly because of the first e. critz would be nice, damn
    those are nice pieces, more props to those guys if those are hightraffic illegals.
    Last edited by uknowigetup; 04-29-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    "They say that most people can only dream in black and white
    That's why he packs a knife and only reappears at night."

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

@Emune I think if you try and make all your bars the same width it'd look much better. Pretty fresh though.