Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What to do the first time out.

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by thephillafromma, Feb 18, 2009.

Share This Page

1. thephillafromma

thephillafromma Senior Member

I dont knnow what i should do my first time out ive been writing alot on paper and i dont want to look like an absolute toy my first time and just get ripped on and crossed out so can you give me suggestions on what type of thing to do my first time please.

2. tha wite rabbit

tha wite rabbit Senior Member

every body gets ragged by someone no matter how long youve been doing your thing. so shut up and paint, cus everyones a critic.

3. dark2

dark2 Senior Member

yea but just go to somewhere not verry known or vissible 4 the 1st bit

4. Fat4l_ONE

Fat4l_ONE Senior Member

yeah hit up the back of some older less visible spots.

maybe catch a few tags on the way there too.

5. Bink1

Bink1 Elite Member

tagtagtagtag. in places where no souls are at. so ppl dont see your shit and dont complain.

6. Ascendant

Ascendant Senior Member

Maybe try writing a ghost name so people don't associate your early shit with your new stuff when you get good ( try an anagram, so if you're going to write S-L-I-K write L-I-K-S or K-I-L-S or something). Stick to simple stuff. Better to do something simple well than get ambitious and look like a gump.

7. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Like everyone else said. Don't do anything in a really visible spot if you don't think your that good. Find a good wall that no one will see and that you can get away from quick if you have too and pratice pratice pratice!!!

Atleast that's what I did and it worked pretty good.

8. thephillafromma

Thanks guys and now i want to take this in a slightly different direction what should i take my frist time. Should i go solo or my friend that writes and how sketchy is a backback?

9. thephillafromma

Oh and i was thinking about writing PHATTY or PHATB

10. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

trust me no matter what you do in the beggining it's most likely 99 times out of 100 fucking terrible
    But there aint no better crits then you get from the streets.

11. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Solo solo solo solo solo!!! Atleast from my experience. My first real time out was on friday. I had been talkin to some kid on youtube about writin in my area and knew he was legit from his videos, so we met up and went writin. He was a total toy ass pussy. Yea i'm a toy too, but this kid thought he could add crazy stuff to his tags, and he only wanted to do tags and throw up's where people could see. Yea I can understand tags but not throw ups. We both suck and I don't think doing throwies that suck where people can see them is the best idea to start our names.

Well let me start over and tell ya the whole story. I meet up with him and we drive to a resedential side street street, get our stuff, get out and walk over to this ditch. He tires a throwie and it's real crappy. Then he tries a tag and it's ok. At this time i'm trying to get caps out and put them on my cans while my hands are getting numb. I get the cap on there and the dam thing isn't spraying. He goes "hurry up dumbass". In my mind I say "ummm wtf did he just call me" So I say come on lets roll to walmart and get some gloves my hands are numb. So we go down there and get some 1$ gloves. Best idea i'd had that night lol. We go back and I start on a throw up in the same ditch. About 5 seconds in the kid says "dam that's a slow ass throw up man hurry up". Once again in my head I sad "god dam this kid is fucking annoying" So we dip out of the ditch and go back to my car.

I told him about this spot by the highway on a building that had a white metal banner on the side so we drive over there. Now this building used to be a big call center for mci, a phone company. So we get there and it's now a bunch of buildings in one, like radio stations, resturants, and I guess some sorta church thing. The sign for the church says "The calvary" with some cross by it. And this kid starts freaking the fuck out, even though the spot I was talking about was on the resturant side, not part of this stupid church building, so it wasn't writing on the church!! He's freaking the fuck out about morals and doesn't want to get up, so I blow it off and say ok lets go back.

I remember my buddy had climbed up onto the roof of where he works and smoked a joint. And I remembered this was on a main street in town and maby I can climb up and get a nice tag. We get to the back and I see the ladder. I jump up (not wearig my gloves), grab onto the metal and start climbing. My hands started to burn so I jumped down and grabbed my gloves. While waiting for my hands to warm up the kid starts trying to get some shitty tag on a dumpster and says "Come on let's just go" I say "Fuck no this spot is ill, this is the most crowded street in town, and the spot is perfect (there was a white section on the roof below a small tin roof, it was perfect for spray tags or mops/markers) will you do it if I do it" He says "no i'm afraid of heights" Jesus titty fucking christ I don't think you should be writing if you're afraid of heights, you'll never be getting up in crazy spots, wouldn't you agree with me? And he once again calls me a dumbass for forgetting my gloves. So by this time i'm pretty pissed at this kid. I start climbing the ladder again but I had second thoughts about getting up on this street, like what if it's a crappy tag or a cop sees me and I can't climb down, stuff like that. So I grab a tag on the wall a bit up the ladder.

Soooo Saturday (last night) I went out alone and it was 100000x better then with this kid. So I say bomb alone your first time, because your friend might hold you back or be a nagging bitch the whole dam time. But if you know your friend is dam good at writing and has gotten up before around the city then fuck yes go with him. Chances are he will show you some crazy spots and give you lots of tips. Oh and no a backpack isn't suspicious. You can seem as suspicous as you want really, just wear latex gloves on your writing hand so if cops stop you it doesn't look like you've been writing, you're just walking to a friends house and it's cold, and if it really is cold grab some small knit type gloves from walmart like we did. Oh and wrap a shirt around your cans so they dont clack together and make noise when you walk or if a cop does stop you and asks you to take your bag off or something, if he hears the cans clack together that's going to be very suspicious.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  12. thephillafromma

So in response thanks and kick that kid in the fucking nuts and give him something to bitch about lol

13. iPwnF00lz

iPwnF00lz Senior Member

Almost got jumped last night when I was solo, either by another crew or a straight up gang because I only know one or two others that write where we are. But I will still always go solo. Don't wear a back pack if it's late (around 10 or later) or it will look sus, try to always carry your cans in your waist.

And there is another thread about what to bring when you go taggin.

14. thephillafromma

How many cans can you carry at your waist and i know there is another thread i simply wanted to exspand this one and howd you almost get jumped??

15. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

There are no gangs around here because i'm up north. But it would be nice to have back up. I can only cary 3 cans max in my waist and it's not comfy. And as far as backpacks go a cop passed me last night at 1 am and I had my hood up and bag on and he didn't stop, slow down, turn around or think twice. But it differs by town I guess. And take a resperator if you got one. I didn't have mine on when I did my first trowie and I was getting blasted with fumes so I put it on after. If you don't have one get one. It'll hide your face and they look cool imo, plus after a while getting those big whiffs of paint in your mouth is dam annoying, plus who wants a headache when they're walkin home or runnin away lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  16. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

And the dumb fuck was wearing a hoody when it was like 10* out, and the thing was bright fucking white, and he had a bright ass white backpack, and white shoes. Only thing that was mildly dark were his jeans, when I had on black pants, black shoes, black hoody, a black jacket, and a black backpack...:rolleyes:

17. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

Ebony... and ivory...bombin together for the first time ever...:p

18. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

I does not understand lol......was that directed towards me?

19. urmomsayshi

urmomsayshi Senior Member

yea im on first page :)
    anyway, before u even go out make sure u have a solid tag and throwie down
    i mean u have done it on paper A LOT and have gotten crits and improved on it, that way u wont look back and be like, "damm that was some wack shit..."
    take 2 cans max (1 for tagging and outlines and 1 for fills)
    and hit stuff on side streets not main roads or highly visible stuff because u wanna leave that for whne u are a lot better
    and dont try peices or anything yet, juss tags moslty

20. kickapig

kickapig Senior Member

i would just say be alert,be careful be comfortable with your surroundings,try not to walk on main streets stcik to backroads when i hitting mmain streets (heavily traveled areas),where are you in the 303 provin if you dont mind me asking if not i understand..