Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

8-Ball

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backalley Abortion Doctor, Jul 2, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Any other Billiards/Pool Aficionados on Bombingscience?
    I spend my Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at either the pool hall or bar. Also have a tournament-grade table in the house I use for practice. Without a doubt, the first game of any sort I ever played.
    Discuss, unless nobody else 'round hurr likes some pool, in which case.

close.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

I love a bit of pool every once in awhile. We have two pool tables in my dorm room lounge, I usually play about 5 games a day

3. StayHyE

StayHyE Senior Member

i has a stick, wish i could get better english on the ball to set up the next shot

4. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Aficionados? Or is 'efficienado' a word?

Just so I don't seem like a douche - I am terrible at pool. I enjoy playing the game but I always lose.

5. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Aficionados.

I suck at pool.

6. Speedy

Speedy Senior Member

The skill for it runs in my blood. As dumb as that sounds. But my dad is crazy good at it. My pap was a beast too before his mind started to go. =/ I'm pretty good but I haven't quite mastered setting myself up or curving my shots yet...

7. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

I would love to have a pool table. 2 problems. No money, no where to put it.
    I've played a few times but I suck at it...

8. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

pool is mad fun
    i usually play at the pub which is adequate but a bit of a let down cause invariably it's not a full size table
    mostly play 8 ball cause thats the only balls on hand
    but when given the chance snooker is good too

i dont really think this thread will be too popular even though its a fun sport(sport? ok maybe game...)

9. Backalley Abortion Doctor

My first memory ever is on a pool table. Like, literally, ON the table. Before I could actually play, I used to just roll the balls around. Then I learned to play, but was still too short to reach the table, and shot the cue-ball with my hands. Ahh hah.

My primary cue:
    View attachment 489896

I keep that and my breaking cue at the pool hall. Then I have another I keep at the house, because all our house cues are crap. My breaking cue breaks down at 5 points, good for masse, english and jumping. Or using the smallest part as a large dildo.

10. vegimite on toast

how is billards played...i never understood that one
    like whats the object of the game? its played with like 3 balls or something isnt it?

just read about it on wikipedia, seems trickier

11. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

i like pool but im not that good. i played my friends and i kept winnin cuz they pocketed the 8ball. but i think i won about 1 game fair that night out of about 5 that went without the 8 being pocketed early

12. Backalley Abortion Doctor

You're thinking of three-cushion billiards. "Billiards" itself is just a general term for 8-ball, snooker, 3-cushion, 9-ball, etc

Anyway, 3-cushion is played on a pocketless table (usually). The object is to have two balls, and a cue-ball on the table. The general idea is that you need to hit the cue-ball in a way to connect with both the object balls in one shot. There's more to it but that's the jist of it.

13. vegimite on toast

nah i was talking about english billiards which ive always heard called just "billiards"
    it seems games in the US often have different names compared to their british counterparts, which is what we go off here in aus

14. weak0ner

weak0ner Moderator

i wish i got to play more i used to be really good when i was alot younger.

15. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

I go to a bar/pool hall/bowling alley here in Seattle every now and then.
    I suck, I get drunk, and impatient, plus I have a semi lazy eye so I'm all over the place.

16. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

i like going to the pool halls because there's mad heads and you see people you haven't met in a while there usually. not to mention, everyone around here got the fuckin' sniffles everytime they come out of the bathroom.

17. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

pools my shit, snookers cool but as the night gos on and my braincells decrease thats too much math,

i got a shitty lil cheap as piss table but no room big enuff to have it out for longer than a week, pluss u cant make shots with furniture an shit in the way

but yea m preaty good

18. Backalley Abortion Doctor

I'm shit at snooker. I can't get used to the size of the table.

19. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

last year i was an addict. i still usually play once a week. mostly a 9 ball kindda guy but 8 and cut-throat is fun too. i have a mid-range cuetec that does me well enough.

20. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

We used to go out to pool halls all the time, then I bought my own table and everyone came out to the crib. Its different though, more relaxed but for the same reason alcoholics like drinking in a bar. Layed down red felt, carbon fiber edging and it was on all the time. Placing $5-$10 bets on a game winner gets to roll the next blunt. It was alright, until asses started leaving blunts on the fucking table burning it. I need new felt, what y'all think about gray? I thought it would blend in with the ash a little better.