Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Camping & The Outdoors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hardwares, Jul 9, 2009.

Share This Page

1. hardwares

hardwares Senior Member

the outdoors is dope,
    especially camping, climbing, kayaking, etc etc.

so i wanna know how many writers out there enjoy the great outdoors,
    and if they have any sick camping stories, or if they've climbed or hiked some epic shit.

lately ive been getting into winter mountaineering and climbing 14ers and snowboarding down them.
    that shit is so fucking fun.

2. vaginajuice

vaginajuice Senior Member

i like to camp, i go camping every now and then. ive never done anything like you have.
    i guess the farthest ive hiked was 10 miles down a mountain and then back up.
    i dont remember which mountain that was though.
    but camping is pretty sweet.

3. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

fuck dem bugs niqqa. i like water that hasnt dripped directly off a moose's ball sack.

4. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

^^^ha ha... yeah i like all that shit just went for the 4th of july,,,found a dope 40-50 foot cliif to jump off so that shit was fun. it was like 105 at night tho so that made it hard to sleep.

5. tork614

tork614 Member

wait so you just jumped off a 50ft cliff?
    i hope into some water haha

6. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

we used to go camping every year when i was a kid. me and my cousins, mad fun times .fuck i miss those days.

one of the very last times we went i remember waking up and hearing people at the camp site next to us say "hey! my mom said smoke that shit in the tent". i was like twelve or thirteen, before i smoked but i knew what it was.

7. DoMakeSayThink

DoMakeSayThink Senior Member

fucking hate the bugs, hate how cold it gets at night...but love partying with friends in the middle of no where for a couple days

8. hardwares

hardwares Senior Member

domakesaythink, do you get your name from the fucking ill band of the same name? if so props.

yeah i hate the bugs too, but i love the cold at night because when its cold as fuck nothing feels better then a good camp fire and a sleeping bag (not that the same time lol).

and for some reason sleeping in while camping just feels so much better then sleeping in at home, but i dunno that could just be me.

9. NiL

NiL Elite Member

I love walking into bushes and shit making my way through creeks just for shits and gigs.
    Me and my mate did it and found a nusary so we stole some plants I dunno where we put them but yeah.
    Anyone watched Man vs. Wild? Now that muthafucka knows whats up.

10. NiL

NiL Elite Member

Hell na that mofo is one crazy dude LOL!
    I want his fucking knowledge.
    But damn he eats everything lawlz.

11. dior

dior Senior Member

hes out of his god damn mind

and backpacking is really fun and i plan on hhiking and sking mount washington this winter

12. Baron

Baron Moderator

I back pack, I use to do it a lot more than I do now. About a couple of weeks ago I peaked Mt. Mitchel (The highest mountain in the east) and that was a semi-rough trail. A part of me died when I got to the top and there was a road to the top on the other side and it was flooded with tourists, me be one of the hundred people there who actually hiked. Probably one of the most grueling trails I had ever been on was called Jones gap in South Carolina, our group got split early on, we probably did around 16-18 miles, not counting getting lost, and for about a half of a mile we went down hill at 40 degrees, by the end everyone had blisters. By the time we got to the campsite we all just passed out and we waited an hour until the other half of the group reached us.

13. drumnbass

drumnbass Member

im huge into backpacking, between work i usually only get out to do one or two nighters in the bush, but i always take my vacation in summer and do anywere from 7 - 10 days of hiking im the mountains. its fucking awseome! being in the middle of knowwere miles from any road or store and only reling on whats in your pack. good shit for sure.
    we should make a hiking thread in the picture gallery or something.

14. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Bear fucking Grylls FTW.

15. diggy64

diggy64 Elite Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  16. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Before the show starts there's clearly a disclaimer that acknowledges all of the phony claims against Grylls. The show isn't a documentary but a 'How-To-Survive Guide.' Grylls is a presenter meaning he presents the show and how-to-survive in scenerios [some fabricated] just like Survivorman's guy except he claims to be 'alone.'

Essentially they're both host. I prefer Bear Grylls.

17. Baron

Baron Moderator

Has anyone else seen this before http://lifehacker.com/5302328/make-a-campers-boiling-pot-with-beer-cans
    I saw a guy use it once, fucking amazing, just as good as a Coleman but in you pocket.

What kind of packs/setups do you guys have?
    Personally I've got a 3800 cu in. external frame, it's small as far as packs go but it worked just fine on my 10 day 100+ mile hike. I don't carry a ground pad, ever. Never needed one. I've got an old 5 lb kelty tent that I've been using for over five years and the Cat's Meow sleeping bag zero degree.

18. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

Survivorman is the real g

oh and mantracker
    That dudes sick as fuck

19. dior

dior Senior Member

i was watchin that yesterday^^^

20. hasemler

hasemler Senior Member

mad poison ivy and painting on rocks

beastt