Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cleaning

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by ToToRo, May 13, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ToToRo

ToToRo Member

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knew any good ways to clean the paint off your hands, im talking about before you go home, so when you walk around/ back inside your house, you dont have paint all over your finger tips. Would something like nail polish remover work?? ~_~

2. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

wow waste of a topic but um if u see any fountains or sprinklers wash ur hands off with the water or wear gloves or u could goto a gas station and wash ur hands in the bathroom

3. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

yeah ... we used this stuff that you use to clean your hands when working on a car i dont know what its called but it works perfect the only paint left was between our nails and you can scatch that out.

4. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

oh that jell type of stuff my dad had that he use to be a painter

5. shaffer

shaffer Senior Member

um i hear hair spray works and acetone works for sure not to mention i like the cold feeling as it evaporates...

6. MEDEK!

MEDEK! Member

Mechanics cleaning junk...
    Zep's orange hand cleaner with pumice
    straight goods

7. ToToRo

ToToRo Member

Acetone...can you just buy that at the store? and ya didnt think of Mechanic cleaning stuff...ill check it out...thanks

8. CaliforniaSkan

CaliforniaSkan Senior Member

9. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

couldent have said it any better

10. MuertO

MuertO Senior Member

go to a paint shop and buy some Lacquir thinnir that shit works good but it smell some people like that smell but i use that my dad is a painter and has alot of that shit and it works good. :)

11. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

dont give a fuck.

painted hands look cool. plus they increase your chances of some weird cancers and diseases. oh and they cause inconsistency also.

guess your parents check your hands when u walk in huh? hahaha ^__^ i dont like latex gloves cuz they make me sweat and my hands feel cramped. i wear magic gloves sometimes. its good for catching the offspray but not direct hits.

ace: damn that signature... XD me wants to feel that against my boner

12. wasted\youth

wasted\youth Member

Nail polish remover can remove just about anything...including the "Extra Permanent" Ink in Jumbo Pilots. But really, just wear gloves ;)

13. MODGrafix

MODGrafix Senior Member

rubbing alchohol works best on hands. i found this out when i made a marker and the ink exploded out of the pen. not a very good experience. wearing gloves is definately the best way to keep hands clean.

14. oblong

oblong Elite Member

i jsut wear gloves but if i end up getting it on me i jsut scrub it off with paint thinner. and dont try to tellme it doesnt work beacuse it takes of the first layer of skin

15. BullshitTantrum

BullshitTantrum Elite Member

yea I use paint thinner if a can bursts on me or something like that. Degreaser, they use that on cars to clean em, works pretty well too.

16. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

17. Paint thinner...isn't it obvious?

18. AerusOne

AerusOne Senior Member

Wow, you dont even need to get paint on your hands if you just wear gloves...

19. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

before u wash ur hands off with paint tag ur fingernails

20. sober23

sober23 Member

use latex gloves