Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Keeps You Into Graffiti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_jc, Aug 5, 2009.

Share This Page

1. le_jc

le_jc Member

Hey , so I saw some thread about , why you paint , why you start , why that name etc...
    So I decided to start a thread about your reasons to KEEP painting after a while.
    The smell of the paint maybe ??

My personnal esthetic is to always evolve , always try to create new things.
    I like to take risk , and most important of all , I like to be different and special in my own way. It also bring me the possibility to be ''against the system'' , since I don't approve with many thing of society...And graffiti can bring me all those satisfaction.

So wassup with you !!?

2. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Yesterday, I was hyped to go get some paint today and get some pens to make some good ink.

But today, I'm not really feeling it. I know this sounds stupid, but it feels like my "angel on the shoulder" is making me not so hyped today.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow and the weekend.

3. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

To hear buzz on a name that is fueled by my inner self.

4. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Bombing Science.

5. adreniline_zero

adreniline_zero Senior Member

just seeing what other people put up it makes me want to stay up to proove myself kinda sad in a way, like i need to validate myself or somthing haha

6. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

I just like the art form. It's also nice to drive by something and be like, "yeah i did that" Just getting your name up pretty much

7. TheMurderousMisterMero_

TheMurderousMisterMero_ Banned

why do i paint?

honestly its just i have nothing better to do with my time so why the fuck not.

but to be honest i havent painted in about a month and a half...minus a few little hollows here and there.

8. Fury

Fury Elite Member

You know this thread has made me realize that I really haven't done much but either sketch or work my ass off the entire summer.

God, fuck my life.

9. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Hahaha.

10. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

the little boys :p

MAMwhwwwhahahaaaaaaa

11. weak0ner

weak0ner Moderator

^total pedo.

nothing keeps me into graffiti.

12. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

just another thing to do

13. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

because i have to stay up, and not let some shitty toy be the kind of my town
    and its not really the graffiti itself, but also everything around it, my friends who do it, making ghetto supplies and inks, just being bizzy with it in my head moreover than just going out and paint, howerver thats fun also.
    and yeah, my english sucks

14. immoral

immoral Elite Member

A lot of what I've read is kinda cliche, for myself, expression, being different, etc..

I suppose a main reason I do it is because it allows me a bit of freedom.

I like to leave my phone, my wallet, and any weight on my shoulders behind in my ride and for that few hours that I'm out there.. It's like I don't exist as who my birth certificate says I am. I've created another life, lifestyle, and habit. It's been so much a part of my life that I feel naked without a marker or slaps on me.

One of my favorite things to do, more than anything, is drive out of town to my favorite graff yard, stop at the exact same gas station every time at the exact same exit, get the exact same subway sandwich and a 16 ounce Redbull, then go out to this freight yard and sit in the middle of it, and eat that sandwich and listen to the freights creek and the birds chirp around them. It's like becoming entirely consumed in what you are, or who you are in that short period of time. It is short because when you are consumed in it, the time flys but it is slow in your mind.

I love what I do

15. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

16. TheMurderousMisterMero_

or very cliche...

not that i would know tho.tl;dr.

17. le_jc

le_jc Member

YA freedom is probably the main reason why every writers do graffiti.
    Unconsciensly tho.
    it's the only real 'art of freedom' man.
    You make your own rules , no one is telling you what the fuck to do or not do.
    You deal with consequences of your action.
    And always push your limits further man :D
    Graffiti is a drug thats all I gotta say man haha !!
    Everytime I close my eyes , I think about lettering or colors , when I drive , I always look for new spot to hit or to piece etc..which sometime make me so distracted that I almost get accident haha. I just wanna see my name everywhere , best feeling ever.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  18. TheMurderousMisterMero_

lolwut?

19. triple6inthemix

triple6inthemix Senior Member

20. triple6inthemix

triple6inthemix Senior Member

no seriously, partying. then catching tags