Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IlikePie, Aug 20, 2009.

Share This Page

1. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

You're allowed to carry 3 weapons, and 1 suicide counter measure. What do you take?

Personally, my list is:
    1 Pike
    1 Axe
    1 9mm
    Suicide Option
    1 Extra bullet for my gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I will survive, I'm way into zombies.

I'd be shacked up in a big fortress.
    12 gauge.... with lots of ammo
    Fire axe...
    and for suicide, I'd just let them take me so I could fuck someone elses life up.

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

4. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

5. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

1. minigun
    2. flamethrower
    3. sawed off shotgun
    i would blow myself up near a bunch of zombies to take out some more.

i've had this conversation before with some of my friends. it would be pretty fucking awesome if that actually happened, but it would have to be the kind of zombies that you could outrun or easily outsmart.if it happens, first thing im doing is heading down to the gun shop and then holing up in my house. its only a matter of time.

6. THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL

THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL Senior Member

only a matter of time before your brains are gone.

some of you need to buy the zombie survival guide. first of all how much weight are you carrying? second of all if a zombie gets within 4 feet of you, how fast can you switch between your minigun and shotgun? your flamethrower is gonna catch shit on fire. dont stay in one place for too long.

my choices:
    1- katana
    2-crossbow
    3-gasoline and matches (to burn dead bodies)
    i would rather become infected than kill myself.

7. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I read that book.

8. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

i have that book too. of course i wouldn't use the flamethrower near anything i care about, i would mount the minigun at my stronghold so i could mow down a mob of zombies, and i would use the shotgun on anything that is too close for the minigun.

9. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

My Choices:

Spas 12
    AR 15
    Crowbar

EDIT: SUICIDE OPTION - 5 pounds of thermite and twenty boxes of nails on top of various flammables,oil drums, propane tanks etc.

Also I think you guys should definitely check out OZORT.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  10. Peter Reveen

Peter Reveen Senior Member

lock my self in rooom
    shottie with mad ammmmo
    music
    lsd
    weed
    blackbook and markers
    im swazey.

11. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

I'm going to close this thread and make an actual zombie survival discussion thread, led by myself. Feel free to transfer your posts from this thread to the new one.

12. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse with Zof

I'm glad ILikePie decided to make a thread on zombies, it sparked the idea for me to write a full guide on zombie survival. In today's world it's not a question of '"if", it's a question of "when".

So, how prepared are you? I'm willing to bet you'll die faster than a baby in a bear trap given the situation. Lucky self-proclaimed zombie connoisseur Zof is here to lead you to victory on Z-Day.

So, first of all. The world has come to an end. The apocalypse. The end of times. However, this isn't your biblical return of Jesus apocalypse, no, this is the rise of the undead. The most important thing to do right from the start is to identify what kind of zombies you are dealing with, as this can be a very important factor in planning out your survival.

So, what kind of zombies are we looking at?

A. The Classic Undead
    -The classic undead zombie was once a human, he has died and has now returned to life, with his only objective to eat you and the people you care about. This type of zombie is often slow-moving and very unintelligent. If you are bitten by an undead, you will now be carrying the zombie infection. It is only a matter of time until you die now. Once you are dead, your corpse will only remain still for a short period of time, before the infection takes over and re-animates your body. The most effective way to kill an undead is of course by severing the brain connection from the body. This can of course be done by a headshot, or full decapitation.

B. The Infected
    - The Infected is arguably the more dangerous type of zombie. This is not a human who has died and risen again, this is a person infected with the zombie virus. These zombies are often fast moving, and slightly more intelligent than the classic undead zombie. They are more threatening, because their blood caries the virus. All it takes for you to turn into one would be coming in direct contact with infected blood. If you get blood in your mouth, eyes, or any other opening in your body, do the people around you a favor and insert a bullet in your head. Once a human has made contact with infected blood, it is only a matter of minutes before the virus will take over. At this point you will become a killing machine. You will rip your daughter's stomach open to eat her intestines and smash your wife's head to pieces with a rock.

Now that we've identified what kind of situation you're dealing with, what is the next step?

The obvious answer is planning your location.

The streets are overrun by zombies, they want to kill you. It is obviously not idea to go walking down the sidewalk.
    But where exactly do you hide? I will propose to you some of the classic locations of zombie survival, and give you a few personal secret tips that might just keep you alive.

A. The City
    ----i. The Mall- The shopping mall is a timeless classic. And why shouldn't it be? A mall has almost all the necessities that you need to stay alive in one convenient building. Upon bunkering down in a mall, there are a few routine checks you need to do before calling the place home. Have you checked the building thoroughly for zombies? What about other survivors? These are things you're going to need to be aware of. After checking for any other inhabitants of the mall, the next step is obviously to lock yourself inside. Any doors that could possibly be broken need to be barricaded, however, in doing so, try to do it as disceretly and quietly as possible. Once the zombies have figured out you're in the mall, they will start surrounding the building. It will look like a hippy festival outside, Woodstock if you will, but worse(?)- zombies. Next thing to do would to be collect supplies. Is there a gun shop in the mall? This would be the first thing to check. If there is not, look for a sporting goods/outdoor shop. Go for anything blunt and dangerous that you could swing. Bonus points for chainsaws or other dangerous power tools. Following guns and wepons would be food. Raid the food court and build a good supply of nourishment. Always tempting is the liquor store. But any true zombie survivalist knows to stay far away from liquor. It will dehydrate you and impair your ability to kill and make rational judgement. The last thing to do is to go to the roof. You may consider creating some sort of SOS sign on the roof, big enough for any helicopter or other search aircraft to see. You will probably not be saved however.
    ----ii. Residential House- There are zombies everywhere, what better place to hide than the own comfort of your house, right? No, fucking wrong. Your own house is going to be a last resort solution. Zombies will try to get in from any opening in your house, this includes windows and even chimney. Your house will need to be completely barricaded. This however is setting yourself up for death, chances are your house is not packed with food and water. Remember, tap water could be fatal if any zombie blood has come in contact with the water reserve, it is highly reccomended to not drink tap water. Once hunger sets in, you will have to turn to cannabalism. I suggest picking your least favourite family member and killing them. Eat their body then waste away in your own sorrow and remorse until you die.

B. Secluded Area
    - Is the shopping mall and city landscape just not working for you? Do you perfer the scerene surroundings of nature while running for your life? If you answered yes to these, or simply have no choice, a secluded area in the great outdoors may be the best way to go.
    Your options would include
    ----i. The Forest- A forest is always a pretty decent choice for a survival loctation. Trees provide fantastic hiding places, as zombies cannot climb trees. If the animals have not fled in fear of doomsday, there is always food to hunt. It will not come easily however, I suggest going back over your field survival manual for information and diagrams about constructing traps to catch animals in. Of course, if you have guns, you could consider hunting with them. However, you should remember remember, if there are zombies in range they could hear the gunfire, and they will come after you. Once you get the hang of it, outdoor survival is not bad that. You have a much lower chance to run into any zombies in the wilderness than a city. Keep your spirits up, and remember that finding food for yourself and maintaining a shelter will be your top priorities. Without the will to continue, you will die, and nobody will remember you.
    ----ii. The Arctic- The North Pole may seem like an extreme solution to your zombie problem. And it is. While considerably cutting your chances of running into any zombies, you are also cutting your chances of living. The severe cold will push you to your survival limits. You should throughly review your handbook to learn about ice fishing and how to maintain your bodyheat through the harsh cold.
    ----iii. The Ocean- The open ocean is quite a good choice for the nautical survivalist. It is advized that you try to find a larger boat than that piece of shit you own. Supplies will be drastically necissary if you plan to live on the ocean. Once out on the sea, you should try to stop at all the islands you come across, you will want to collect food and anything else that could aid in your survival. Refer to your handbook on creating fresh-water from salt-water using the sun's heat and evaporation seperation techniques.
    ----iii.b. Crusise Ship- This is part two of 'The Ocean' section. If at all possible, a cruise ship is almost the ideal survival location to get to. A cruise ship will basically act as "The Mall" scenario, but while being out on the water. This is extremely affective in seperating you from the zombies. Once aboard the cruise ship you should consider collecting food and maintaining radio communication to attempt to pick up any signals of other ships or survival craft. If there are sick people on board, you should consider throwing them overboard, a fast spreading illness on board could be very detrimental to your survival.

To be continued. (Yes, this is all original, I'm typing it all out while sitting at work. No references used.)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  13. joze1234

joze1234 Member

What bout a nearby castle or fortress :confused:

14. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

A castle of fortress is quite a good option. However, they are considerably more scarce than places like shopping malls. If one is within distance of your position you could certainly consider going there, however do not go too far out of your way to relocate to one, as you will most likely be raided and killed. If you do indeed decide you are going to choose a castle, make good use of any supplies they already have. Are there firearms? Swords, and even possibly cannons? Put them all to use in a desperate situation. Hell, get creative, cook up a batch of boiling tar and pour it down from the walls on top of the zombies. Yet keep in mind, it might be hard to transfer supplies too and from your chosen fortress. Food will have to be stored. I suggest canned and non-perishable items. Cannibalism is always an option in desperate times.

15. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

16. DoctorOfCrime

DoctorOfCrime Senior Member

This is not even a joke. This will happen one day. If not the work of the Devil it will be some new age Weapon. I havent Read the First Zombie thread so i dont know what the idea of that is. But fuck it it will happen. Any one ever seen the movie Red Dawn ? Yep thats most likely gonna happen to the USA too. World war three we wont stand a chance. Even if the western countrys are all on the same team. China Indonesia North Korea (just to name a few) will wipe us out. We will run out of bullets before there men are all killed. We are fucked what can i say. I mean maybe its cos i smoke alot of weed and most of my mates are Neo Nazis but who gives a fuck. I tell my grandma its good she lived when she did cos the worlds only gonna get more fucked up.........

17. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

I definitely need to get around to reading that book Salvo, it looks like it could have some good stuff.

18. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Finally, a man that knows what he's doing.
    The sword is great for mid range combat, and you can take out multiple zombies with one well placed swing.
    Crow bar great with the Sword, 'cuz you can take a zombies legs out, and then crack open it's skull plate :)
    M1 Carbine, long range, light weight, powerful, and makes scrambled brains. It's beautiful. Good Job Salvo, I approve.

Remember people, an Axe doesn't run out of ammo.

19. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Zof that book is fucking awesome.
    If you like zombies as much as I do give it a read.
    And Pie is absolutely right, weapons dependent on things like bullets or gasoline can help you in some situations, but eventually they will only slow you down.

20. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

No, if you're talking gasoline based weapons like flamethrowers, they can never help you. Not only will they set your surrounding environment on fire, but Zombies are not deterred by pain, and fire isn't going to destroy the brain, nor will it sever the spinal cord. So now you have a flaming zombie after you, able to bite and burn.