Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Misdemeanor; Court Date Advice?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Curved Air, Aug 24, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Curved Air

Curved Air New Member

Hello everyone,

Someone who isn't me got busted for an estimated over 400 dollars in
    vandalism charges for screen printing and wheat pasting.
    Now, I wasn't caught in the act of doing this (not that I did it),
    but they somehow got my name and supposedly had enough evidence built up to issue a warrant for my arrest (im sort of big where I live, could have been a snitch).

I have a court date coming up, and Im just pooling the audience for collected advice.

I don't know if there are any attorneys on these forums, but any legal
    advice would be way fucking appreciated, one artist to another

2. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

400 in damages? That's hardley anything. I had '500 in estimated damages' for meanstreaking the inside of the cablecars.
    How old are you? If you're under 18, 80 hours of community service +15 days in juvi seems reasonable, if it's a first-offence.
    That's what mine was, anyway. But I got out of it by going to a 'graffiti prevention' brain washing class that lasted eight hours.
    And they fed us pizza.
    Hurray for the legal system.

If you're OVER 18, I really don't know. I haven't been caught for graffiti in the last few years.
    The best advice I can ever give anyone in court, is to always answer with just 'yes' or 'no' if given the option.

3. Fayless

Fayless Member

Do they have proof its you? Did they catch you in the act? As long as they didn't catch you nor do they have solid proof its you, Deny it. For all they know the kid be making shit up.

4. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

lulz 400 dollars and a misdemeanor is nothing.
    and lol at being like they caught me, well not that it was me

If you're serious don't admit to anything.

5. -Dank-DK-

-Dank-DK- Elite Member

dude 400 dollars if nothing

they told me i did 10000 dollars in damage

6. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

it all matters your age cuz i got busted for alot of shit and i just got 6 months probation cuz i was still a minor

7. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Is there a thread for kids to post stories of being caught, and how age, total damage of conviction and local laws factored into their punishments? I'd personally like to hear how much trouble some kids have gotten in....we need to know what we're up against, you know?

Good Luck to the original poster.

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

just deny it all if possible, how did they have any proof? and i mean solid proof?

but yea just say yes mam or yes sir instead of yea or the people will be like WTF U SAY *****, theyre so gay

9. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

you don't make any sense when you try and hide your guilt while asking that question

10. RhodeIsland

RhodeIsland Elite Member

O rly?

11. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

this is very strange.
    your whole situation is confusing maybe because the way you said it but whats up with all the threads lately with these newbys asking qeustions
    this website is corrupt....i dont trust it one bit

12. Geraldo

Geraldo Banned

deny it if they dont have a witness or your face on camera. no face, no case. 400$ aint shit. if you ballin, offer restitution. pay em $400 an thats that.

my first time gettin caught was over $5000 damage. an i still got diversion, 100 hours comminuty service an a $600 fine. an i was over 18.

depends on the laws in your area. but dont sweat it. it aint shit.

13. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

I hope that someone who isn't you, moved all there graff shit out of their house. Things like black books, sketches, stickers, caps, cans, wheatpaste, brushes, markers, etc.

I have never had to fight a case in court but have a decent understanding of the law.

If your a minor you can probably get off with probation. As long as a charge is not a felony pleading guilty isn't really too bad; if you have to plead guilty try talking to prosecutor to see if they can work something out that involves no charges being left on your record.

14. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

I got caught recently and my charges are still pending, but so far I've paid a $50 fine and am responsible for cleaning everything, I think I got off lucky, though I think it would have been worse if I didn't cooperate entirely. Just go with it, talk to people like they're real people, crack jokes, make em look like you know the consequences and you're a good kid who just made a mistake. I had shit EVERYWHERE in my town and I thought I was fucked, but I cooperated and got off pretty easy so far.

BTW, I WAS 17 at the time but that was like 5 days before my birthday. My age didn't make a differance at all.

15. kickapig

kickapig Senior Member

how did they catch you?

16. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Virtually everything you just said is wrong.
    Don't crack jokes.
    Don't act like a jackass.
    DON'T ACT LIKE YOURSELF. Don't treat cops or police officials like your home boys, the less respect you show them, the more you'll piss them off. A judge will literally take a fucking piss on you if you crack a joke in his court room. This is the dumbest fucking advice I've ever heard.
    Just SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP. The less you fucking say, the better.

Your age didn't make any difference because you're underage. Five days later, it would have.

17. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

That's why you'll end up in jail if you ever actually do graffiti. Fag. You got to use psychology, go to fucking school. Keeping the conversation light is the best thing to do you ignorant, hard-ass, thug-wannabe bitch.

Anyway... Kickapig: I was taggin on the corner of main street when a cop drove up next to me at a stoplight half way through a throw up. I finished it and he was on my shoulder by the time i was done. I posted the story in the Caught thread.

18. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Move supplies somewhere low key as fuck, either delete all pictures or move you pictures to an external drive. You want to look like you have no interest in graff. Don't start rambling cause you might say something stupid and burn yourself, and don't plead guilty. Why just accept it, if you lose the case it's still the same fine unless they give you some kind of deal.

19. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

Yeah thats how you can maybe act when your being detained.

But not in a fucking court room. Your not a lawyer, you honestly think that your little act honestly has any effect? If anything its negative.

Let's take your approach:

vandal + joking around/ acting causually = someone judging you as a kid with no ambition who probably won't do better then working a minimum wage job.

Real life approach:

You try to be funny and/or add humor when the judge asks you a question = pissed off judge/ a reason for holding you in Contempt of court.

20. slipyslipyslipymegeee

slipyslipyslipymegeee Senior Member

my old name it was like 35,000 bc of al the scratchies ive done not for makersat all just for that