Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sticker tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PRIMEape, Sep 10, 2009.

Share This Page

1. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

what the title says. just post your ideas and tips on stickers

2. Karma

Karma Senior Member

clear coat them, doesn't fade so bad

3. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

i used to do that but even wen its dry its still kind of sticky. ive hade some bad experiences where ive had bunch of stickers in my pocket and they all sticked together. i tried to to peel them off each other but it just caused them to rip. but it does work though i have a few stickers that i hae put about a year ago and they still have there color

4. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

make sure that when you stick 'em, you stick 'em flat on the surface, make sure there is no air bubbles under it.

5. fromthegrave

fromthegrave Senior Member

6. JAYES1

JAYES1 Member

write on them with paint markers, it wont fade. And cut the edges before hand, when you stick it, people wont be able to rip it off as easily, they will just rip off little pieces because of the cuts on the edges.

7. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Thanks god this thread is a looooooong time due.

8. 3MS

3MS Member

tips

sharpie industrials last long.
    Clearcoating will keep the color and make it last longer.

Some ppl tape the slaps to make ghetto vinyl, seems to work allright, though ive never tried it.

Paintmarkers work the best.

and when your putting it up, use the wax paper so that you can rub the slap on really well without getting your hands dirty or cut.

postal labels seem to be the best paper stickers

thats all i can think of for now..

9. 3MS

3MS Member

o

and some ppl slice up the sticker (once its already up). so that if someone tries to rip it off they'll only get a tiny piece.

But its never seemed worth my time.

10. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

if you cut really thin lines it might look ok. but ya its not worth the time

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

i am completely against slashing your own stickers to prevent peeling.
    putting cuts in it makes it look like crap, and you're dissing you're own work

if you want stickers that are impossible to peel off, then use paper or a very thin vinyl
    both of these substrates shred upon buffing, and leave behind lots of adhesive residue
    thin vinyl with very permanent adhesive will come off in small chips if anyone tries peeling it.
    very thick vinyl is much more resistant to the elements, but can been removed in one or more large pieces when peeled.

you need to understand that after all is said and done, stickers will still get buffed, no mater what you do.
    as with all graffiti, the artwork is temporary.
    the good thing about stickers is you can produce a practically endless supply to replace those that are buffed or destroyed by the weather.
    yeah sure you can take some small steps to try and lengthen your stickers street-life, like spraying them with UV-Resistant and Waterproof clear coat, but there comes a time where you have to just let things be.
    instead of trying to make your stickers 100% indestructable, just fucking put a new one up.

anyone that doesn't understand this is a fool, and doesn't understand stickers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  12. Karma

Karma Senior Member

Word, I don't really even care anymore. Slaps are a dime a dozen, actually better their free. I sometimes use paint ink, but I don't really care too much.

I'm also the guy who never really has seen any reason to detail the fuck out of them. Not saying that they don't look ill when you spend mad time on them, just not my thing. probably why I just stick to bombing and don't like peices.

13. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Acrylic clear coat works also.
    Especially use it if you are printing stickers out.

14. THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL

THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL Senior Member

no, when you put on a condom you want the air bubble or "resivoir tip" to be there. it denies life to all the potential babies that shoot out of your penis.

always keep atleast one sticker on you at all times. you never know when you might need it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  15. Ithaca

Ithaca Member

I highly suggest peeling the back off prior to applying the sticker to the surface.

16. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

17. JAYES1

JAYES1 Member

No, you squish the air bubble out, but leave a little pouch.

And I dont slice up my stickers once their up on a wall, I just do really short cuts with scissors on the edges prior to slapping

18. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

oh

thats not bad. at least it doesnt fuck with the artwork

19. SAID

SAID Moderator

What exactly do you guys do to your stickers to make them weatherproof?
    I basically just got full sheet stickers right now.

20. signal

signal Member

do any of you use screen printing for your stickers?