Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Basics Of Painting On Freight Trains

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by west-dmk, Oct 11, 2009.

Share This Page

1. west-dmk

west-dmk Member

Ive been in my yard multiple times just scoping out, benching and looking for other writers but i wanna actually paint trains but i need to learn more: like how will i know when a track is live and basic stuff like that. i know so little about this that i dont even know what to ask the only things i know are about hobos monikers streaks names of different cars and tracking numbers. any advice/info would be appreciated!!!

2. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Isnt there basically already a thread on this?

3. west-dmk

west-dmk Member

never heard of it..kinda new to the forums too

4. Regius

Regius Senior Member

i think the other one is like what not to do or somethin

im thinkin he wants like..more tutorial type help in this thread?

5. west-dmk

west-dmk Member

yeah thats exactly what im looking for!

6. Hurs

Hurs Senior Member

if your good hit freights but as of now i dont think a thread will help you just patience and experiance

7. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

i'm not a freight king, but i've been to the yards more than enough times and i know etiquette.

-when you see someone, hide. be ready to jet if you think it's track police. if they don't pose a threat, or if they're a writer, ask to approach.
    -don't ever ever ever walk up and down the tracks in the middle of your peice to find something to stand on, just so you can do your precious bubble at the top.
    -don't paint over any of the numbers. if you do, draw the number back with a marker or your paint. this makes the workers in the yard angry because they have to look and see what number train it is and put a huge stamp on your shit... thus bringing more security to the yard.
    -wear a mask or cover your face on the way to the freights if there are buildings that run parallel to the tracks.
    -if you're going to bring your little buddy to the yard, and some shit goes down, use it. chances are noone will hear the gunshot... and you don't want to catch an additional charge in addition to the whole trespassing/vandalism of federal property, etc.
    -don't bring people who are loud and obnoxious. there are people at the yards who act like it's their land to own, so don't wile the fuck out. have respect for those who don't have a roof over their head.
    -goes without saying, park the car far away. alot of the times, any entrance to the tracks that seems easily accessible will have bullshit ass wackenhut security or csx police or something. but remember, these guys don't take matters into their own hands, they phone crackers when they see something go down.
    -when you hear a plane, like a personal cessna, hide. once i had the same plane circle me three times.
    -don't be a stupid cock sucker and you won't get hemmed up. plain and simple. and for what it's worth, try and figure out which direction the freight rolls and hit the side that would be facing the highway, in the event the freights get parked up off the highway like they do in good ol south florida.

8. SNAP!

SNAP! Senior Member

there shouldnt be threads like this....

operation clean sweep '09

9. west-dmk

west-dmk Member

thanks thats really helpful!

10. MrDobalina

MrDobalina Senior Member

how to paint trains 101
    ----------------
    1. don't
    2. view step 1.
    3. seriously, dont paint trains
    4. k fine if ur gunna paint trains go to step 1
    5. ok if u made it this far, stay off the numbers, dont do a floater, go over the bar, dont paint wack shit, dont get seen, dont paint the walls around the spot, dont levae ur cans in the yard, dont be a fucking idiot or you will get a beat down.
    6. view step 1.

11. Mange

Mange Member

I havent painted trains in quite a while now cause that shit is just not worth it, got chased by 3 train workers when it was dark and had to walk like 15 miles home cause I got seperated from my friends and I had no phone....not fun, especially since I had no paint or markers for the trip home.

12. NoExceptions

NoExceptions Member

This should be something learned over time, not something ANYONE can read up on by just signing up with a Bombing Science account.

If you aren't prepared and are seriously that clueless, then my advice is to literally NOT paint in a yard. Find a chill layup to paint if ANYTHING, it might just save your life.

13. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Is a layup some where like on the side of the road where they just leave trains?

14. PeeInTheShower

not on the side of the road silly lol. but side of tracks yeah. always be aware of your surroundings.

15. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

oh because theres a place where they store trains off the side of the road like a half mile away from me. They yard is right across the street but i think it would be better to just go paint the trains by the road right?

16. PeeInTheShower

absolutely the fuck not you're trippin.

17. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

What wrong with that? Super not busy road with like 4 lines of tracks and trees and weeds behind it

18. PeeInTheShower

sometimes they park trains on the side of the road in the hood to see who's going to hit them. FACT!

the more you know.

19. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

im not in the hood though. a middle class city. Theres absolutly no writers here either so would the yard still have security?

20. smoothbigsby

smoothbigsby Senior Member

Do we live in your city? Judging by your lack of knowledge and experience, you are a 14 year old who has been writing for two months , stick to the books or a chill wall.