Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

airbrushing

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by KnoxIn, Oct 20, 2009.

Share This Page

1. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

ya my art teacher has this old beat up airbrush kit thing and said i could have it so mine as well use it, any tips or anything about how to use it? and if anyone would post some of there own stuff that would be appreciated

2. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_Graff_SDC11359.jpg
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_Graff_HPIM1861.jpg
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc194_DoubleM41_Graff_HPIM1844.jpg
    ^^^^Some old stuff for you

But basicly just to start off......You should get to know every part of your airbrush and how to clean it properly.....Which is called Teching.......Also for basic Brush control..Practice your Dots and Daggers and Boxes...I'll post some stuff for you tomorrow cause I'll get some flicks

3. joze1234

joze1234 Member

Damn viruz dope work

4. KtRL.

KtRL. Senior Member

virus, you should look into a clothing company..

5. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

virus i set everything up today and like air is going through the "gun" or whatever you want to call it but no paint will go through, any idea why?

6. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Either...The Paint has clogged where the paint goes thur....Or your brush needs to be deep cleaned.

7. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

well we made the paint so it was practicaly water, and i took it apart and attempted to clean it but i have no clue what i was doing... what do i use to clean it and all that??

8. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

9. Asis

Asis Senior Member

sometimes you may have the needle holder on to tight try to losen it up an eighth of a turn around the need and see if the paint will come through...

do you have a bottom feeder or top feeder?

10. Frasier000

Frasier000 New Member

11. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

good thead idea

12. JMANN.23.HTK

JMANN.23.HTK Senior Member

Youtube it, some helpful videos on there...

13. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

hey man i got my airbrush working it was a really simple fix that i just didn't think of, but ok if someone could post some shit of kinda the "simples" to airbrushing that would help a bunch

14. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

I got you tomorrow.....Check here tomorrow and I'll have some flicks for you :cool:

15. <SMK>

<SMK> Senior Member

once u get into airbrushing uv entered a whole nother world of art its not much different from graff art its just the fact ur gettin into something u can make good money doin (not sayin u cant do that with spray paint) its just the fact society looks at graff artist as fuckin hoodlums that dont know anything but how to fuck shit up. Fuck that graff artist know alot about society in general and how to screw the system over but yea usually air brushing leads to doin tattoos wich is wat i do now either way u look at it we can all make money off wat ever medium u choose from walls to skin art is art fuck society and reep the benefits of ur art. just keep goin on this sight lol i havnt been on here since i went to jail a year ago and started doin tattoos so love peace and chicken grease and stay up my dudes

16. BORG

BORG Moderator

my boy gave me a brand new iwata eclipse hp-bs tonight, he's been sittin on for a good bit of years

i'll be getting a compressor soon, found a nice cheap one online, wanted to ask though.....whats the best techniques for control? i think i may be able to get the hang of this fairly quickly, just need some tips on control

17. DukeOne

DukeOne Moderator

airbrushing a lot of trial and error, especially when ur first starting out. but a lot of the same principles of spray painting work with an airbrush (closer to surface = a finer line) theres honestly like an insane amount of techniques for different types of control for different jobs, but just straight line work is a bit self taught. borg ull be fine man

18. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

yeah you are kind of being a fag about this whole thing. start playing with the fucker. obviously its a double action so minimal pull = lighter softer line full pullback its going to give you a nice thicker line although it has only a 35mm opening. its gravity fed so you have no control over how much product youll be spraying out, just plan on doing fine detail work. imagine trying to do a fill in with a grey dot on a huge piece. it blows and takes forever. once you start to get an idea of how she'll react then start doing figure 8s fat to thick lines etc. have fun with it. if there is anything i can suggest to you now as a preventative buy airbrush cleaning solution and a cleaning machine so that you can let it soak in after using it. i would also invest in these cleaning brushes mack brushes makes because they have a fine brush on it thatll fit iwatas real nice. but when it comes to what youll be spraying i cant stress enough how important it is to thoroughly clean out your cup, running fluid through it by spraying, taking your needle out and wiping it clean, etc. if you have any questions about maintenance get at me i used to repair them quite a bit when i worked at the art store. fag.

19. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Dots and Boxes

And Lines and Daggers.

Im trying to get a Double action brush but they are expsensive and Im mad broke lol.......Plus Im starting to get into fine work along with some detailed stuff

20. BORG

BORG Moderator

define dots? i dont really see any point in jotting a bunch of dots on a piece of paper

another question i had is....does it matter how much psi your using? i read some of the manual for the iwata eclipse last night, and it said 30-60psi......and the compressor im getting is 15-30psi.....would it really be that bad to lower the psi to about 20-25 for detail??

and ofcourse im going to just have to experiment and shit......its quite hard when i only have the gun as of now though, just trying to gain some knowledge before i start this shit, seems u need a very wide range of knowledge about all aspects of airbrushing.....from compressors to paint...to technique,ect.......im just making some notes for myself

ruger....ur fagilicious <3<3