Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Location, Location, Location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by student29, Jan 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. student29

student29 Guest

I’m actually a student in my final year at university in Aberdeen (Scotland) doing research dissertation. Why do I want to write about graffiti? About a year and a half ago, I had just arrived in Poland for the beginning of a six month exchange in the city of Wroclaw. When I arrived I was struck by the amount of graff that there was and it wasn’t till I got home six months later that I realised why, because in Aberdeen, where I’ve lived all my life there’s hardly any that’s instantly visible. Basically I want to explore what’s going on with that.

To comply with my university’s ethical standards I need for anyone who wants to take part in my project to be able to make an informed decision on whether or not they want to participate. Normally, for an experiment we need written forms but because this is a forum I’d take the fact that you’re actually talking to me as sign of your decision.

I obviously have no power to force you to take part but if you do take part you also have the right to withdraw and to ask me to destroy any information that you’ve provided me with.

If you have any questions about what I'm doing I’ll do my best to answer them.

What I wanted to know is, when you're looking for places to write what makes an ideal location?