Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

MOP/INK combo suggestions...?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PSYS, Jan 12, 2010.

Share This Page

1. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

...just wondering what kinda mop / ink combo everyone seems to be using. I mainly stick with my OTR markers and/or Flowpens only 'cuz I've yet to find a mop/ink combo that I've been happy with.

Looking for something with a nib already attached that will write in a nice, bold line while at the sametime... will be nice 'n drippy for days. :D

2. ADDICT

ADDICT Member

Yo krinkz are great but you dont care 4 da tip itll rip like a cheap condom and everyone knows that aint good

3. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

cough.....

um marker/ink thread mabey

dumbass

4. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

wow. you get offended easily, don't you?

5. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

no theres just retard toys posting random ass threads
    when they can ask the question in another thread

6. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

all I'm sayin' is if a new thread on BS offends you this easily...
    the rest of yer life must be a piece of cake. *shrug* seriously.

relax, dude. it's gonna be okay. i promise. View attachment 537833

7. Fury

Fury Elite Member

You know mods have to approve threads first, right?

I say just make your own ink from bucket paint and paint thinner, then put it in a kiwi, bingo dauber, or any other empty mop.

8. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

OK. I went out last night to Wal-Mart and got a new KIWI. I also picked up a bingo dauber from The Dollar Store.

I'm going to go to the local Home Depot today and get a small pint of bucket paint along with paint thinner. I just have to find a consistency that I'm happy with.

9. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

nope not in the tools and tips

10. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

FALSE.

My thread had to be approved by a mod. It did not automatically post to the forum. I actually posted it at work on my lunch break last Monday... it finally hit the forum a few days later.

11. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

12. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I personally like Kiwi's more than daubers, just because I feel the kiwi's flow nicer.

13. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

someone should close this. there already is a marker thread. there already is a ink discussion thread. there already is a whats your favourite marker thread.

14. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

15. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

thank you :)

16. oldjew0128

oldjew0128 New Member

Hi48

Never put off what you can do today until tomorrow.

17. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Well to be the first to post on topic, here's what I have to say

Krink has great colors with great drips. Their mini squeeze mops are great. The dye based ones drip like none other, and the paint based have amazing colors, only problem is once they're 1/4 to 1/2 way gone they stop dripping, the nip wears out and streaks or rips (even on smooth metal) and it turns to crap. 0!nk art ltd makes nice staining ink, but it only looks good on certain surfaces. Some surfaces it just bleeds and smudges into a big pile of black ink, while others it drips like butter and stains like crazy. If you haven't seen their stuff check em out at 0!nk art ltd dot com
    As for solid non drippy tags, OTR flowpen gets my vote. Great flow, smooth, strong nib, nice pump marker.

If you don't wanna buy any name brand stuff, get a kiwi shoe polish thingy, dump out the shoe polish and mix up some ghetto krink. 2 parts paint 1 part thinner, pour that in the kiwi mop and you've got a nice, big, drippy marker.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  18. Karma

Karma Senior Member

Or just buy a empty mop, 0!nk ink and some alchemy powder/ The alchemy powder somewhat thickens the ink and it clogged a nib on my soul tip but runs fine and like sex out of my kewi-esk mop. although the clogging was due to poor judgment ahah.

19. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

the mops ive been using for as long as ive been writing (over 10 years) are the no brand empty mops with some grog inside. the no brand mops are cheap and very very good. although the krink like empty mop tends to leak a lot you could easily fix that with some electrical tape. and as for grog it is the most superior ink i have ever used and i will never use anything else.

20. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

buy empty krink mops from a wholesale website, fill with 80% marsh t grade and 20% Garvey violet. Best mop around.