Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Billboards

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by JazeTSK, Jan 15, 2010.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazeTSK

JazeTSK Member

Anyone got tips are stories on them? Been wanting to get into it a little bit.
    I noticed theres usually a small pipe the goes from the ground all the way up next to the support pole that could be used to climb up there.

Or is there a way to get to those ladders?

2. "Mafi"

"Mafi" Senior Member

Everyone on here uses grappling hooks or hires a worlds strongest man to throw them up.
    I suggest you start lookin for either of these

3. Delse

Delse Senior Member

the best time to do billys is on a windy ass day

4. elranto!

elranto! Member

alot of the time there are cables held to the pole by shitty brackets, rip it out and climb.

5. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Always do billboards alone. The best type of shoes to wear are bowling shoes. Trust, inside tip.

6. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

since most of the fucks here are complete shit heads..... ill give u a couple tips....
    first off alota billboards have light boxs somewere near them which activates the lights at night....these can be turn off by shineing a light directly at it....ive been lookin for those hardcore laser pointers that can burn ppl and pop balloons n shit wiht no luck
    anyways
    learning how to shimmy up a pole can come in handy...any other questions...fuck off and lurk near a billboard with no gear and see what u need to do

7. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

Why do you have to fuck with the kid man?
    He's just looking for help, and you have to go and try to get him in trouble telling him all this bogus shit.
    Not cool, nig.

8. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

you guys are assholes
    the kid just wants a little help.

Jaze,
    bring a socket wrench with a 13mm socket with you when you go to the billboard. Also bring a pair of electrical leads from a multimeter. If you don't know what i'm talking about, then unfold two paper clips and connect them with a bit of wire.
    there should be a small electrical box at the base of the board. undo the 4 bolts holding the cover onto the box with the socket wrench. Open that shit up and inside there will be a circuit board and a single pole single throw switch.
    The switch controls the lights. Flip that shit to cut the lights out. Make sure you do that first so nobody can see the billboard.
    Next comes the tricky part. Examine the circuit board carefully until you find the section containing resistors R11 thru R15. They should be wired in parallel. There are countless different types of billboard circuit boards, but no matter what type, resistors R11 - R15 always block the power to the internal linear actuators within the billboards support tower. Take your paperclip leads and connect the main power to the opposite side of the R15 resistor. This will bypass the resistor cluster and direct full power to the actuators, causing them contract which will lower the billboard to the ground.
    Now you can see why cutting the lights first is so important. You don't want the billboard lit up like a christmas tree on the fourth of july when you lower that shit or people will see it and call the popo.
    Once the billboard is lowered, simply climb up the ladder and get to work.
    Have fun, and don't forget to post pictures so we can crit your work!

9. XXORtsald

XXORtsald Elite Member

i just hoped on an SUV to the ladders then bombed fuck turning off lights, dont hesitate, get in, and get out. i was orginally gonna drop a fill but there was too many people beeping, and this was outside a night club, and there was a cop at the door so i had to get the fuck off.

View attachment 537711

10. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

see...most billboards around here differ. none of that fancy shit, we just got billboards that are moderately high and are steadied by the big ass central poles, which the ladder is connected to, and the ladders are up high preventing you from getting ON the ladders, so in order to get to them, you have to know how to shimmy up the pole, then get to the ladder.

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Whenever I encounter a billboard like that I just set up my welder and torch a hole into the base. They usually keep a jetpack stored inside, so I just strap that shit on and fly up to the billboard.

12. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

hahaha jimmy neutron bombing ftw

13. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

be carefull for the billboard troll...

i heard they rip your head off and steal your paint

14. elranto!

elranto! Member

damn eh vag you know your shit!

15. JazeTSK

JazeTSK Member

damn i never knew those could be lowered.
    And there are a few that would be easy to camp on since the support beams base is hidden by a hill.
    I'll see what happens though.

16. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

i feel sorry for any clueless toy that makes a stupid question a thread.:(

17. JazeTSK

JazeTSK Member

I feel sorry for kids who think they're badass talkin shit through a screen.
    Just cause i haven't been on here all my life don't mean i haven't been up for a hella long time bro.
    Just never really played up in the skies much.
    I stick to walls usually.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Dude you belived him that they could be lowered...

19. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

wtf?? beef or wut??
    p.s. this shit is crazy..
    aaacorn.wikispaces.com_file_view_murakami_billboard_graffiti.jb19d1dde2e40c2409853e393630f19ea.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  20. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

I was talking to the guy who posted above me not you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.