Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Belief In A Higher Power; Please Remain Respectful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Sep 12, 2005.

Share This Page

1. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

yo wuts up its tone, uhhhh people are gonna hate on this topic im sure but i just wanted to here other peoples thoughts on this, i used to be very anti religious and really didnt believe in god, you know, cause it all sounded bogus as hell. but a few instances that i have witnessed in my lifetime have changed my views. the biggest one would be when my cousin mikey was sick with a disease that was very very rare, like at the time only two people in the world had it and they died early after being diagnosed with it, so my cousin basically thought he was goin to die, doctors tried to help him and prescribe medicine for him but nothing helped and he eventually came to realize that it was his time, so he had made preperations to see a priest , the priest gave my cousin these scriptures to read all day everyday non stop whenever he could and his life would be saved. well, thats just what my cousin did, all day he would read these scriptures, when he got back from school he wouldnt do ANYTHING but read, and eventually he got better and better and now its been six months since then and hes fine. this to me at least an example of a real miracle (oh and by the way i never had it in me to talk much about this wit my cousin so i dont know what the name of the disease is but the syptoms include lose of hair, migraines and blistering/bleeding scalps, if you know what it is id like to know. feel free to close this thread, or post comments on wut you think or if anything similar happened to you or someone you know)

2. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

man i dont know ive OD'd over 4 times, been revived twice from medical teams, fallen from a 3 storie ledge while painting it, commited suicide 7 times, been hit by cars, guns put against me head, tryed to be kidnaped an killed and alot more other shit and im still alive but do i belive in religion no.... i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there

christins (sp) are selffish mother fuckers for saying belive in jesus or your going to hell, which is why i picked the name gesus for street art, was to shove it in there faces and see how they like it when its pressed upon them .... to give them a taste of there own medicine... people who had the close to what a high power might be i think are the indians

as for your cusin and the scroll things.... someone once told me your only as healthy as u belive you are... most drugs are infact placebos an i belive thats what it was in his case

3. Jugga

Jugga Elite Member

Its good to hear your cousin is okay....

I personally don't believe in god or anything of that nature..
    I was born into a catholic family and I was baptized when I was 1...
    but I personally don't believe in any of that...

From studying religions, I came to realize that the bible along with other religious scriptures are really hypocritical...

4. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

im feelin that ges, deep.

5. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

YE GESUS PRETTY MUCH HAS THA SAME VIEW AS MI PEOPLE JUS DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH THEIR HEALTH DEPENDS ON HOW THEY THINKTHINKIN POSITIVE AN BELIVIN IN SOMETHIN WILL HAPPEN MOST OF THA TIME IT WILL COME TRUE PEOPLE JUST DONT REALIZED HOW MUCH POWER THEY ACTUALLY HAVE INSIDE THEIR OWN BODY....IM NOT AN IGNORANT PERSON I WOULDNT JUDGE A RELIGIOJ WITH OUT LOKIN INTO IT ESPECIALLY CATHOLIC BULL SHIT THA STUFF I KNOW ABOUT IT I COULD RAMBLE ON FO A LONG TIME ABOUT HOW BACKWARDS AN HYPOCRITICAL THIS RELIGION REALLY IS I THINK DAT THERE WAS AJESUS BUT OVER THA YEARS PPL AN OTHER BEINGS HAVE MANIPULATED THA BIBLE TO SERVE DER OWN FUKED UP POURPOSE....I JUS THINK IT WOULD BE STUPID FOR ANYONE TO THINK DAT THERE ISNT A HIER POWER OR POWERS BUT PPL NOW R TO CAUGHT UP IN BULL SHIT AN DER OWN SELFISH NESS AN IGNORANCE TO SEPEN THA TIME TO ACTUALLY LOOK IN THESE THINGS ....AS FOR MOST RELIGIONS I THINK DAT DER FOR PPLMDAT R TO LAZY TO LOOK FOR THEIR OWN CONNECTION WIT GOD SO THEY JUS FOLLOW SOMEONE ELSES VIEWS AN OPINIONS......I COULD ALK BOUT DIS SHIT FOR A LONG TIME BUT I DUN FEEL LIKE TYPEN NO MORE.. ..GOOD TO HEAR DAT HE MADE IT THO

6. Jugga

Jugga Elite Member

I agree..

What the scrolls probably did was give him hope...
    and that was what saved him...

7. disposable_hero

disposable_hero Elite Member

chris angel is god 0_o lol jk bet hes rele freakkyyyy

8. skrooeapatape

skrooeapatape Senior Member

for that particlar story.. it could work like a placebo really being convinced what your reading is going to save you n beutiful story etc.. can really have powerful effects to recover and continue to live..

9. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

"what did she say donnie?"
    "she said every living creature dies alone"
    "and how did that make u feel?"
    "it reminded me of my dog cali she died when i was 8, she crawled up under the porch"
    "to die?"
    "to be alone"
    "do you feel alone right now?"
    "id like to think im not but there no proof, so i dont debate it anymore i can spend my whole life debating the pro and cons and in the end there still wont be any proof, so i just dont debate it any more.... its absurd"

"the serch for god is absurd?"

".... it is if everyone dies alone"

scene from donnie darko where hes talkin to his shrink

10. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

My thoughts exactly man...I always said that if god did exist, which who knows, he may or may not, we r just arrogant fucks if we think a certain organized religion is somehow the right one. I mean...there are shitloads of religions and they all think they are the one true religion...doesn't take a genius to figure out they are probably all wrong. I think you got it right with the indian thing too...they seem to be the most benevolent religion and they treat everything with respect. Christians, Muslims, Jews etc all arrogant. They believe they r right and that everyone else is pagan scum whos going to hell... The funny part is that most of these fuckers didn't even choose what religion to be. It's not like they sat down and looked at em all and thought hmm ya christianity is definitly the right religion. They just got their faith fuckin smashed into their mind by their parents and their grandparents etc. So their faith is fuckin bullshit...

I also agree with u on the placebo thing. If u believe in something strongly enough, the mind is a very powerful thing. Like chris angel says "the mind controls the body"...he may be a scam or whatever but he does some fucked up shit. There are people who can lower their heartrate to near death just by meditating. I think you really can do anything if you have enough mindpower.

11. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

weeha. here we go.
    this is something ALL you people need to read, if you havent already heard of it. Its basically the one most fundamental things about christianity, but also most often neglected.
    Most people think of christianity as a religion, when really, if you think about what the bible says, thats not really what jesus wanted. this whole thing is what i call the "religion vs. relationship" thing.
    Christianity should be basically a personal relationship with God through jesus christ, and also with other believers ( fellowship..or whatever) and tehn all the other crap is pretty much extra. Like big churches, statues, traditions..whatever. christianity as a religion is retarded. thats where the Nazis, KKK, and all that jazz came from.
    um, yeah christians do believe that they are right, but so do most people.
    meh. i dunno. studies have shown that prayer can heal people, if they know about it or not...

12. jape-the-nape

jape-the-nape Elite Member

13. sbEr

sbEr Banned

bible bible bible

bible bible bible

jesus, amen.

14. Vulture

Vulture Senior Member

i got mad fuckin love fer jesus, i use him in my graff all the time

The Lord is my shepherd,
    I shall not want;
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters;
    He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I fear no evil;
    for You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life;
    and I shall dwell in the house of the
    Lord forever.

15. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

Exactly...everyone thinks their right, so either only one of the religions is right, or none of them are. What makes you so sure it's yours? Becuase your parent's passed it down to you? Because the bible says so?

16. sibil juggalo

sibil juggalo Senior Member

I dont know about this im an agnostic but seriously its something that no one can really give a straight answer for because when your dead you cant be brought back its seems like everyone wants to get all religious now probably because whats happening to the world and they are afraid of whats going to happen when they die i have friends that try to get me into being christian and i tell them its bullshit but if thats what gives them hope then they can do it....i believe there is a place after death but idk bout god maybe we are still stuck in this world just transparent and we cant speak or interact with anything....because you just cant die and your mind and soul just stops...but it seems like people just want to join god because they want their sins to be forgiven....i just dont think i should worship someone that i dont even know exists i just live my life and at least try to be a half decent person because i know alot of people arent

17. FSH

FSH Senior Member

word....i agree with whot everyone says.....i dunno i always saw religion or at least european religons as a way to escape the fear of death, and to control people into whot u wana do..........im not religious but i persoanlly think that the only religion that make and hint of sense would be buddhism buit i dunno.

18. snow2skate

snow2skate Elite Member

PLACEBO EFFECT!!!!!!!!!! . Its just another case of mine over matter that make people beleive this shit. Your friend was just plain lucky. And when the preist gave him that scripture to read, he beleived it wouldnt work and his mind worked harder to rid the body of the disease, this happens all over the world. Lots of people are giving pills that are just like sugar or w.e and the people beleive it has chemicals that will help them, but its just a case of mind over matter. And if gods real, where did he come from? or what created him? and what created that. and so on and so on. And how exactly does some invisible thing live in the sky and is going to raise dead bodies from the grave when a supposed rapture comes? Unless you beleive in the fukn wizard of oz, The bible is fucked up. Some of its teachings are good. but thats all religion is good for, is guidlines to life. and that is why religion was created, as a way to give guidlines to people lives and make them live better lives.. (p.s that supposed light at the end of a tunnel people see when they die, its actually a reaction in your brain. because your heart stops pump slowely..and the blood thats going to your brain goes all wonky and it fucks with your brain. its like taking a shit load of extacy and other drugs.

19. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

"Your friend was just plain lucky" he was my cousin. and yea ure probly rite it was just so fucking amazing tho

20. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

it makes you appreciated livin is what im sayin even if it was or wasnt divine intervention