Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

making your own fat cap ?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Phat 2, Feb 17, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

hello, first post... got a question

The cans they sell where I live are all males and come with a stock female cap which is just regular (not fat, not skinny)
    the rare female cans I can find also come with stock male caps that aren't fat or skinny

my main question is this:
    is there a way to make any regular stock cap a fat one ?

a friend once told me that if you take a cutter and widen the slot that's on the bottom of a male cap's stem, it would make it fat... I tried this and didn't work much. is my friend's tip accurate ?

and I also heard that if you take a hot pin and puncture the cap's hole wider it'll make it fat ?
    do these tips work ?
    I tried them both, but only had minimal success... the fat spray radius wasn't anywhere near the one I expected to get

does anyone have advice about this subject ? any tips would be appreciated
    thanks

btw, I can't buy stuff online.

(I appologize if the topic has been discussed earlier, I tried the search function on "fat cap" and returned no results...)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. otter

otter Senior Member

you should know my man,your name is phat 2

3. Raisedbywolves

Raisedbywolves Senior Member

4. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Just buy some fat caps online? They're all male, so you're outta luck for the male cans, but for the females, you're set. Just buy rusto fats, ny fats, pink dots, and whatever else you want

5. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

аrtprimo has a line of female caps

6. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

I tried making my own many times before with stocks.

All I did was make them skinnier :(

7. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Sorry this a dumb thread. No offense man but its actually quite simple. Get a something a size bigger than the hole of the cap to enlarge the cap size. you can gradually make it bigger. Or get a fine exsacto blade

8. Asetotheurn

Asetotheurn Member

take the dot of the cap, and then get a razor and put a small, not deep, slit horizontally right acroos the dot to get flat caligraphy lines. and the whole making the slit on the stem larger only enhances the amount of paint and pressure being realised at once and only fucks up your cap if you alter that and nothing else. Cap modification is complicated...you might as well buy your shit.

9. SAID

SAID Moderator

10. ovoid709

ovoid709 Member

Just take the tips off everything you can find and try them out. Easy Off oven spray has a female cap that I think may be fatter than a stock tip, but it's been a long time so I may be completely wrong. Trial and error dude. It may seem daunting, but it's one of the funnest parts of the game.

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Yes, the old school way, but:

Ho ly shit.
    Thats a fucking checkmate on rustoleum.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  12. SAID

SAID Moderator

ahaha totally

13. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

if you dig out the center with an xacto blade and then hot glue a piece of paper towel to the front, youll have an ultra fat cap for super fast super even fills and awesome flairs

when you dig out the front its super high pressure and then adding the paper towel filters it out making it really fat

its all i use

14. CoronaOne

CoronaOne Member

Pam nonstick spray.....Yea....Pam.....Its Wider Spray.....

15. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I've seen Graffiti instincts, and it's a great one, very much recommended... but that video doesn't help =\
    although the last bit where he makes that calligraphic effect is kinda useful. thanks anyway.

I can't buy stuff online. My bad, should've mentioned that in the original post.

already tried, but nothing worked =\

This seems great...
    I've been using male caps on the very rare female cans I can find around here (I managed to get a hold of a couple Krylons and a few Rustos) but the cans overflow everytime, it seems that the caps' stems are a bit smaller than the cans' valves, or the valves a bit bigger than the stems. whatever.
    so I'm afraid that I'd encounter the same problem with these adapters. Either way, I can't buy them online, and they don't sell them here... that's why my main focus is on the modification of the stock female caps I got.

sounds like it works for u, can u elaborate ?
    pics, videos, detailed explanation... anything u can help me with would be greatly apreciated :)

16. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

yo where does this kid live in??

17. SHER_WON_WTS

SHER_WON_WTS Senior Member

if you stick a knife in the cap and actually pop OUT the nozzle (the little circle around the hole where the paint shoots)it shoots wider, problem is its faster and sometimes sloppy. but if you practice with it, you wont even notice. iv gotten pretty decent with em.

18. west-two

west-two New Member

^^HAH you have an advantage with male cans that work with female caps, you can find female fat cpas on almost any household aerosol like: old english wood polisher,lysol/oust air refresheners, hairspray etc...

19. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I think that that's what imma start doing from now on
    but imma wait some on ShIfTeD, I kinda got caught on his idea... SOUNDS promising

20. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

its pretty simple man, pop off the dot..make a ring of clue around the dot, put a piece of paper towel over it, after it dries...whala