Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Oil Pastels

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by zil, May 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. zil

zil Senior Member

one of my friends gave me a ton of solid oil pastels.. i did a buff test on some old concrete and they seem kinda like lumber crayons... has anyone used these before for writing and do they fade in the sun like sharpies will?

2. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

no they dont fade i use em sometimes

3. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

i use oil pastels all the time. like for that black hand rail on escalators. its like this rubber and pastels last on it more then most paint.

4. oblong

oblong Elite Member

ppl mistake pastels for markals, jsut pick up some markals for like a dollar each canadian

5. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

melt the them down into one big colors, but don't mix to many colors, makes brown, whent ther nice n melted put them in a chapstic tube, windex makes the mixture more permanet

6. zil

zil Senior Member

ya i just bought a dozen markals.. but im talking about gallery brand oil pastels.. they seem pretty perm especially on concrete.. thanks

7. zionpnk

zionpnk Senior Member

yeah but those oil pastels stink when u micro them!!! and chapstick tube suck they dont turn when you try and turn them!!! so its gay better to just put em in a pvc pipe thats capped then break it open and put a paper towel round it and go bombin!

8. MuertO

MuertO Senior Member

i hate  Oil Pastels ill use them if i have nothing els but mostly no.

9. zionpnk

zionpnk Senior Member

sorry bud but ur signature is soooo fucking homo!!!

10. zil

zil Senior Member

ya i'd rather use a streak, lumber crayon, etc but for the hell of it i just wanted to know if u could use them... they arent bad for free..

11. zionpnk

zionpnk Senior Member

oh shit i meant to say its way better instead of gay better... :p

12. MuertO

MuertO Senior Member

13. DeMiK

DeMiK Senior Member

i did all my room when i was young...lol and i got in lots of shit...lol

14. SEK

SEK Senior Member

wat are markals and where can i pick some up if they r good?

15. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

nah fuck markals... u cant get as good colors as jumbo oil pastels. i can get neons, metallics, bright pinks, whataver fucking color i want in pastels. and the shit is very permanent. since it doesnt dissolve easy u have to scrub hard to get it off. some colors will even leave a stain. plus they are colorfast. they dont fade since its made for artist. artist expect the colours to last for over 50 years without changing much.

16. SEK

SEK Senior Member

are markals those lumber crayons or are they markers or wat, wat r they?lol, i want some but i cant find them!

17. zil

zil Senior Member

ya they are lumber crayons.. and since bombing science doesnt carry them, i guess its okay to point you to a place that does... artprimo

ya look at the bottom of the page... anyway they are hella good.. if u write on concrete it doesnt use that much but it is good and hard to buff... good for use on brick, concrete, wood, etc.. not that good for smooth surfaces but awesome for surfaces that u wouldnt use a streak on cuz its too rough (because it would use SO DAMN MUCH).. anyway i would reccomend them highly... they are cheap to!

18. SEK

SEK Senior Member

thanks zil, i appreciate it!

19. zil

zil Senior Member

no problem... funny how some of the toys on this forum will want answers to their questions but refuse to answer anyone elses... stupid fucks...

20. SEK

SEK Senior Member

lol.......no doubt!