Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things Not To Do...

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by MoreOne, Oct 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. MoreOne

MoreOne Member

i'm not trying to play myself up as a graff master or even a good writer, but this is just a thread on stuff you SHOULD NEVER do in your pieces a young age.. feel free to add some and don't be offended if I use your piece as an example, this is only for help.

** Don't try to rock a burner/wildstyle

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8659/graffiti0011rk1xm.th.jpg

Just don't try it, it won't work unless you do a direct bite or something.

** Don't mold your letters

I don't know why so many people do this, but just don't, it doesn't look good and you won't use it properly as a toy

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/9893/moldingletters23nq.th.jpg

**Keep letters the same size

My S's suck but you get the point

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/7250/letterproportions6rg.th.jpg

** Keep pointless extra bumps/extensions off your letters

It's ok to use bumps and extensions, but don't put them in for the sake of putting them in

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3365/extrabumps0ze.th.jpg

*******Never make your letter endings become an arrow... This is like the most common mistake and probably the ugliest one too.. This pic isn't a really good example but the 'a' is what i'm talking about..

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5059/arrowletters8tj.th.jpg

--Good Simple Examples of how to start out--

Blockbusters Rock!

View attachment 169773

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8374/dsc031138tu.th.jpg

This guy started simple and look at him now:

[Broken External Image]:http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/9826/ameet6kv7am.th.jpg

2. nerdx

nerdx Elite Member

haha, this is great.

you left out the

++++++Do Not Paint Until You Have Sketched First+++++++

and it actauully looks good.

3. wordsmith

wordsmith Senior Member

i agree...

but you left out

"dont do E's like wordsmith does'

4. wordsmith

wordsmith Senior Member

also..dont get discouraged. just because people might point out flaws in your drawings doesnt mean you should give up!

im wack as hell and im still trying..haha.

it takes years of practice.

5. Apeks

Apeks Member

Like the old proverb goes, you can't run before you learn to walk. If this mini-guide had come a few years earlier, maybe I would have had a better idea of where to begin and how to begin. Great job, man.

Peace.

6. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

lol great idea, you also left out **start out SIMPLE, with just normal block letters or bubble letters, and then add STYLE, not useless shit :)

emit isn't amet, they're two different people

7. MoreOne

MoreOne Member

^ I know that, I was just using that as an example

And yes I assume people should know to start simple since it's said like at least every 5 posts in feedback threads.

8. Apoc

Apoc Elite Member

i really appreciate this thread actually...
    and i appreciate you actually using one of my sketches as an example

(im not being sarcastic) :)

9. MÅ?ne

MÅ?ne Guest

yeah and 3d is tricky, a good hint is to pick a place u want the "light" to shine on your piece and concentrate on the shadow/3d lookin like the light is castin the shadow from the same spot,

10. i nuk all night

i nuk all night Senior Member

11. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

ya man thx for havin me in there on the dont try wild style burners i apreciate it and now i wont do it ne more ( i only did one tho) :lol:

12. _third

_third Senior Member

13. The Kure

The Kure Senior Member

also, when people tell u that ur toy, ignore them and dont even try to cuss them out because then theyre going to punk around even more since they know what gets u mad. trust me its happenned to me forever and people still say that but theyre just jealous cause im badass and they suck. just a few words of encouragment from The Kure.

14. wordsmith

wordsmith Senior Member

what about for poeople like me..ive done two diff words..diff styles..posted em here.. and no one likes them. haha.

i need to find a new word..which is hard...should i juss practice more and shiT?

15. taggin101

taggin101 Senior Member

i think this is the first thread that i have ever read that no beef is started and people are actually helpin eachother out i like it

16. wreckone.

wreckone. Elite Member

Every time i try to help people in Toy Story, someoe like Epod, and many more, with no knowledge, try and prove me wrong. Not that it matters to me or anything, I'm just tyring to pass the time before I sleep.

17. DEKOR

DEKOR Elite Member

u made some good points..
    but for me, there shouldent be rules in graff...
    u know...no one should tell u dont do this, do that...
    graff is good coz no1 tells u wat to do and ur style should be the fruit of u developing ur shit..
    all da points u made, are tru, but i rekon u should let writer find out for themselves...or else if evryone does dis, we would not have original styles...

18. syze sv

syze sv Member

if you dont have ur basic leters down, then u shouldent try to go all wild style, im sure everyones tryed it back in the day, one or twice, and it didnt turn out how u thought. so before you go tryin crazy teched out shit, learn ur basics and master them, because you cant be a king enless your a toy first.........KINGS AND TOYS, download it!!!!!!!!!!!! its a fuckin intense graff documentry.

19. i nuk all night

i nuk all night Senior Member

i agree

thats something else not to do.. dont disrespect other writers. everyone has to start off somewhere, why not try to help them? im POSITIVE some people helped you out when you were starting. i'm always willing to help people out.

thats not to say that you can ask dumb questions.. you should try to find out as much about graffiti as you can by yourself.. but dont be afraid to ask questions.. just make sure you cant find the answer yourself first.

20. burned_out_Burner

burned_out_Burner Senior Member

great thread for toys wish i was starting out and had a thread like this