Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffiti Game, Movie, And The Death Of Hip Hop.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theoldjet, Apr 6, 2006.

Share This Page

1. MuramZA

MuramZA Senior Member

This is the truth.

2. TronMzero

TronMzero Senior Member

fucking gay. but none of us are gonna do anything about it.....

3. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

graffiti is stupid...but its one of those things u jus cant stop lol...

but yea if u realyl think aboout it graffiti really is stupid..its just something to do

4. ENGULF

ENGULF Senior Member

all u gay ass fucks who say graffiti is gay dont come on this site again cuz this isnt fuckin myspace this is BOMBINGSCIENCE.COM
    Graffiti isnt just something 2 do its an art like Picasso
    if u understood graffiti u would know

5. RMA

RMA Elite Member

I'm too damn lazy to read the rest of this thread but who cares? Did anyone really buy the Marc Ecko game? Does anyone actually watch MTV movies? No. Graffiti will be cool with 14 year old girls for like a month and then everyone will forget about it except for people who where meant to do that shit.

Anyways as far as I'm concerned graffiti's kind of in the crapper right now anyways. I haven't seen anything recently that I haven't seen done 100x before. I don't care about your bubble letters, drippy tags, straight letters, political stencils, cute stickers, or wild styles. Don't get me wrong I still see nice shit but It's not like its nice shit I hadn't seen already. We're all guilty of it I'm just waiting to see somebody really step this shit up.

Edit:
    Nevermind that stuff about nobody doing anything interesting with graffiti anymore, I forgot that the other day I saw a giant dick that someone painted across an entire fucknig house top to bottom, that was the shit.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  6. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

lol but who would bump a thread like this?
    i did like this sentence on the first post
    "Graffiti is supposed to be a secret tradition that only those who figure it out, on there own can do, or participate in."
    thats how i exactly always thought about it, like a secret club that you can only get in if ur good or know ur shit (Cough so no posers/toys Cough)
    but this game didnt have that big of a impact on the culture, (people made it seem like the end of times, toys running the streets) so this movie hopefully wont either...
    but i mean a movie does get a lot more attention....
    wow
    wtf
    fuck mark ecko
    graffiti will live tho, no matter what is my opinion

7. TronMzero

TronMzero Senior Member

:confused:

8. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

I think the worst part about it is the fact that MARK ECKO made the game to begin with, he never even did graffiti, he tried to capitalize off it from the very begginning. As far as I'm concerned Mark Ecko sucks, I hardly ever even see ecko shirts that look cool, they all have some shitty 'graffiti' font on them or something. I think its so fake of him and audastic as fuck that hes doin' what hes doin'. He made a game about graffiti where you get up illegally, run from cops, and get in fights, but I guarantee mark ecko has never ran from cops, got into a fist fight over graffiti, or even painted illegally. I'm a fuckin' toy been paintin' less than a year 'n already I've been more real and paid more dues than he has.

Its gonna suck too because their gonna expose a lot of graffiti secrets probably. Not everyone realizes that most writers rack their paint, run from cops, etc. and now everyone is gonna know all our tricks, how we get out of situations, and everything.

I guarantee you a buncha cops are gonna watch it and get ideas on how to catch us better.

Graff needs to be revamped...we needa take it to the next level some how to keep it real. This is gonna fuck a lot of writers over.

Why the fuck couldn't MTV just do a "True Life: I'm a Graffiti Writer" instead, fuck I hate MTV. Now that would have been a good idea. Instead now we get to watch "Trane" go "all city"

The only good possible outcome is that a buncha toys destroy the scene for a year or two and all the real writers lay low and just practice sketchin' or some shit, then once all the toys drop and get arrested we can come out and rock the scene with some fresh shit, after all the inevitable wack toyness it will be like graff got revamped. All the old writers are sayin' the scene sucks nowadays anyway, graffiti should just die for a few years then come back brand new.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  9. sik_bomber

sik_bomber Senior Member

im not going to lie, i own the game. its a pretty sweet game but i bought after i started graff. i started graff because i moved into a biggish city were there was alot of ghetto and urban areas and my house was right infront of the trainyard so i saw alot of graffiti and one day i started sketching SIK then i made Sain and started bombin. then i made TYPO and i bomb both now. i bought the game cuz it looked sweet and there was alot of graff arung and i love jetsetradiofuture!

10. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

i saw that shit!

i was watching tv mad late one night and i was jsut flippin around and saw that title so i was like oh word and then theres a dude paintin freights and its like good pieces so i kept watchin it then they start makin out! wtf?!

11. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Racking paint is no secret, why do you think alot of stores keep it locked up?

12. JustKoolinB

JustKoolinB Member

okay..
    Everyone starts off as a TOY.
    so you can't say no toys...

and you can't start off and be the greatest thing in the game, or be
    like magically awesome.
    it takes years of practice regardless.
    its not like you wake up one day write suttin on the wall
    and say "holy shit its destiny"
    like... you dont start off knowing all the history behind it
    and being good. It takes practice.

13. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

Not everyone knows thats how we do it though, I didn't used to know and if I realized it was so easy to get paint and for free I woulda started a long time ago now all the toys will go racking and get caught and a lot of places its still easy to get paint from but stock could start going down and make it harder to get sick colors if groups of like 5 kids think its cool to take all the paint from a store.

14. del4sel

del4sel Senior Member

Jeez that's harsh bro. What do you suggest I do with all of the Ecko gear that I've already bought? :rolleyes:

15. del4sel

del4sel Senior Member

That is a GREAT idea for the sequel, brilliant bro!

16. NiL

NiL Elite Member

Graffiti just got ruined because of the Internet. becomes all popular and gets ruined like everything else.
    amirite!?

17. del4sel

del4sel Senior Member

You got it twisted man real will always recognize real graff will never die

18. MERTAone

MERTAone Senior Member

marc ecko fucked up graff for sure but i think the game is less of a intrusion than the clothes..i swear to god every fuckin haggard-ass mongoloid dimebag pusher in america wears nothing but his line...but for real even tho graff n hiphop are dead overall the prime shit still exists for those who know how to find it

19. BLES1

BLES1 Member

well marc ecko is a sellout..
    and hiphop is dead by far , if you know where 2 search for it.

20. BLES1

BLES1 Member

i ment isn't sted of is. sarry