Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. geritto

geritto Senior Member

hey uhh i jsut 91% alchahol thats jjust as good as 99% right.

and uh...i got some auto store brand dot3 is that a good as the stuff that u guys have shown in the thread?

2. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

You 91% is as goo d as 99.9% But its the next best thing. And yea 3 dot break fliud is good.

3. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

What do you guys normally use for bottles? My dollar store has squeezable clear 4oz bottles, but I'm assuming everyone else isn't so lucky lol.

4. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Ummmm, Like I used a Gatorage bottle. Or a Water Bottle Something that has a good type of plastic.

5. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

I use small glass jars that i copped from a store i used to work at. And a large plastic square on with a lid for doin pen ink

6. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

(Yo we need to get more pics in here. To make it hott.)
    Where you get those from Herbn. Cuase Like I only got the down grade, glass... PLASITIC

7. libra25

libra25 Senior Member

8. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

A yo Libra, the Pinter Cartrige was nice add-on wasnt it?
    Im workin on a new mix with Vinger, I'll let you know how that went guys.

9. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

My Lab ish. its in my basement, where my parents gave up on getting out all the ink stains lol
    [Broken External Image]:http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3348/dsc02473ty0.jpg
    left to right
    -exatco knife
    -wire cutters(for pen tubes)
    -pliers(for holdin hot shit)
    -water
    -buff board
    -repirator
    -gloves
    -steel wool in vinegar
    -paper towels
    [Broken External Image]:http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7700/dsc02475ui8.jpg
    - stainers
    -syringes
    -nibs
    -matches(for lighting a candle i use to boil shit)
    -random chemicals(i dotn really use them anymore cuz i ran out of good ones)
    [Broken External Image]:http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7434/dsc02476rl3.jpg
    - box of markers and inks
    -funnel
    -in teh back this metal box and can i use to heat up inks ect.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8153/dsc02477of1.jpg
    -denatured alcohol, and lots of paints.

10. libra25

libra25 Senior Member

yeah dat shit gud add
    i mixxed it real gud

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  11. Baron

Baron Moderator

So i did a little research on ink in the cartridges' composition and basically all i came up with was that it was water based, either dye or pigment (varies), and has an additive that keeps it a liquid until it reaches the paper. So all i want to know are the additives alcohol and the dyes are blue/purple/black and the pigments are reds/oranges/yellows? Or am i wrong?

12. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

A message for toys(and any people) everywhere...

DON'T FUCKING BOIL ALCOHOL UNLESS YOU KNOW WHATS UP WITH MAKING CANNABIS OIL OR ANY OTHER POTENTIALLY VOLATILE PROCESS THAT INVOLVES SUCH THINGS. ANYONE BOILING ALCOHOL FOR ANY REASON SHOULD TAKE EXTREME PRECAUTIONS IN DOING SO, AS YOU'LL PROBABLY BLOW YOURSELF UP UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW YOUR SHIT.

Alcohol vapours are very reactive and can even be set off by things such as a static spark from a cell phone...

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Word, i kinda forgot to mention that ^^ It is important though lol good call. If you know how to do it and your careful its very do-able though.

14. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

It also makes your house smell like a meth lab. That isn't for you herbn, mainly for those who haven't tried it and don't like the smell of meth labs...

15. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

Has anyone tried koolaid or any other powdered dyes in ghetto krink? I've been wanting to try it out for the last few weeks...

16. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

Never tried it in krink but I ive tried it in pen ink
    It gives it more of a pigment if you use grape it'll give it more of a purplish darker coller depending on how much you use
    and it'll make it smell tasty
    :]

17. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

Yeah, I've heard of it in ink, but still, paint and ink have vastly different characteristics. Alright, I'll rock the shit with Koolaid soon and see how it does...

18. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

Oh yeah an if your ink is already really dark it probably wont do much for it
    My frind told me that it'll bleed through a little better but I've never really seen a difference

19. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

Yeah, it's mostly just food grade dye. I didn't think it would work as anything other than a pigmenting agent.

20. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member