Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

For those who haven't seen this, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM . A very interesting video, indeed.

Sounds pretty interesting. I might have to check that out...

Btw, I just found this thread and I've always been into this kind of discussion, given that we can keep intelligent conversation lol. We'll see how long this lasts...

2. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

Fear reduces our ability to love,
    when there is no fear people are at their potential,
    and that is what most are afraid of..

3. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

4. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thats me and relationship problems on acid.

5. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

fear causes people to be skeptical and in turn that causes us to not be able to trust eachother. and its a known fact that one of the key points of a relationship is the ability to trust the other. being afraid does inhibit our ability to love. but when we stop fearing the inevitable (death) then we can actually start to trust. but in a society like ours, that isnt possible unless we all learn nobody is different from eachother. everything is classified now a days. (the caste system, race, country) byut when we realize were all humans and we need to stick together as a species, then we can actually live together and not fight anymore. not saing that fighting isnt necessary. but its only neccesary when all other options havent worked. and in our case we didnt try all options. we all just decided that were all different and that from one persons stand point, the other is crazy for not accepting what we think. which is what people think because they dont consider what the other side wants. only whats right for us. when we respect everybodies opinion, stop being afraid, and stop classifying people, then there can be peace.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  6. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

the best way im gonna compromise like i said was "if a tree falls in the woods"
    i kinda dont care anymore lol
    but yeah, fuck the human race,
    way to much power

7. Nem

Nem Elite Member

if you haven't seen the movie Pi i highly recommend it.

i believe everything in our universe has patterns. on a microscopic level. and on a cosmic level. that movie made me think about a lot of things.

fractals, the human body, shells, the rise and fall of the nile, the face of a sunflower, stratovarius violins, roman columns, all share values. 1.618. being one of the common factors in a lot of them.

8. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

huh?
    1.618?
    violins? how does a violin share value with the rise and fall of the nile?

9. sickone

sickone Senior Member

chek out the movie you might find out...

10. sickone

sickone Senior Member

this might sound stupid but could someone comment on it...
    would an atheist or atheism be considered a anrchist concept? anarchist create their own rules and decide to follow them , they dont pay attention to society but themselves...as in atheism you dont rellie in god (society) beacuse you are able to make your own choices (rules) and make your own decision without relieng on what is considered right or wrong depending on your religion...so is atheism and anarchist concept?

help me out here..

11. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

no. because even though atheism has a small amount of people in its group, it is still a part of society. and god is not considered a society. people in our society only accept it as a form of power which involves rules and punishment. but in the real world, the country and government that your under makes the rules.

12. sc zombie

sc zombie Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjwXe-pXvM
    I am watching Dr. Stephen Hawking's Origin Of The Universe video.
    So far it's been spot on. I'll update this post with my thoughts.

Hah, everything I hadn't already considered I didn't understand.
    Figures.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  13. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

Can anyone suggest some books like Ruminations and Einstein's Dreams ?? ect..

14. FoRkK24

FoRkK24 Member

fuck everyone, but yourself, you are the only thing that actually belongs to you

15. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

You know what's really sad? Many of the people like that have no idea that they are mindless clones either, so they will never change because they believe the way they are living is perfectly fine.

This is my favorite thread. I could type for hours and hours here...

16. Noddles912300

Noddles912300 Senior Member

But being told what to do, what to say, how to act is so easy. It makes me ignorant and happy, So whats wrong with it?:rolleyes:
    Fear of death keeps people from drinking and driving, going out late at night etc. Fear of punishment after death is what keeps the masses acting nice.
    Reptiles lack limbic brains, does that make them trusting?

You know what bothers me the most? Society has made it so having depression, ADD/ADHD, OCD etc is cool. Attention through stickers on hats worn to the side, saggy pants or pants so tight you can't even walk are interesting.
    And I'm the freak for wearing fitting jeans that aren't pre-faded, ripped etc, and wearing my hat fowards.

17. Subconcious

Noddles, I'm kindof glad you said that... So what if you're a clone? So what? You are happy like that and all this thought about better things and how much better things would be if... etc... Screw it all if you are perfectly happy NOT thinking about it all? I wish I could be happy like that. That is how "Ignorance is Bliss" was coined.

18. Subconcious

(Yeah-Yeah, double post, STFU) Does anybody else tie in philosophy or anything meaningful into their graff?

19. Noddles912300

Noddles912300 Senior Member

Sub-I think of that too. The question is do you want to give up free thought for acceptance and bliss? I sometimes look at the masses and wish I was like them. Just going with the group, no deep thoughts to think about.

Kaze-Mark Twain: The damned human race. The mysterious stranger was also interesting.

20. Subconcious

My boy Pink Painter is hardcore into doing psychological and philosophical graffiti, in-fact, that is the only stuff he does. he is amazing and I wish there were more people like him in the world...

Also, I hate that people are so stubborn. It seriously makes me depressed when I think about the world and all the people in it and how nobody will ever change and fix the problems we have in the world. To quote one of Pink Painter's stencils: "If I know they will never change, should I still try?"

I can relate to all the philosophers who have committed suicide...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008