Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What to do the first time out.

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by thephillafromma, Feb 18, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

Yea. Because you were wearing all black and he had on (almost) all white. It was funny in my head.....In hindsight it probably should have stayed there.

2. east.LCF

east.LCF Member

i can tell you deffinitely what not to do. dont hit up a the back wall of an archery range. my first time out i was putting a throwie up on the back of a building that faced one of the biggest roads in the town and halfway through the owner came out wielding a fuckin bow and arrow ive never ran that fast in my life. but most def dont do shit in the vacinity of your house to manny people get caught when the cops follow the trail of graf right back to the writers homestead

3. thephillafromma

thephillafromma Senior Member

dude...that sucks

4. iPwnF00lz

iPwnF00lz Senior Member

Dress in normal clothes, look around the spot to make sure noone is around, don't take too long, and don't run away after you are done.

5. east.LCF

east.LCF Member

it was fuckin nuts but now its somethin i can look back and laugh about
    one of the best things to do is find you a spot that you can go to all the time to work on pieces with out having to worry about getting caught. that way you can get your can control skills up and your speed up so when you do make those runs out to the hard to get spots you can get in and get out quick fast like ramadan

6. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Ah I just didn't understand the ivory part, but I got the ebony part

I'm actually in the springs, 719, no writers around here. Shit if I was in Denver i'd be writin with some dam good people trying to get as many tips and lessons as I could.

7. we.run.this.city

we.run.this.city Member

the first times out , if you bring ur homie make sure he wont narc you out if one of you get caught ..trustt, and stick to the shadows dont get spotted walking main streets cuz cops will most likey pull you over. andd sketch everynighttt

8. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

first time out you wana kno what to do???

paint would be a start

9. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

And if they do just have a reasonable story to tell them like "I'm walking to my friends house". Have a name for him and on a street that you're actually walking towards.

10. we.run.this.city

we.run.this.city Member

werd , they will belive it, :D its worked befor.

11. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

i would say when it comes to paint do your best to get some practice before you go out into the world either get a bunch of boards and make a wall or something similair. That orrrr find a tunnel tall enough to stand in, take a lamp and just go at it. Find a chill ass spot where theres no chance of someone seeing you or walking up on you and one that you can re-use to practice. Practice makes perfect and its best if your practice isnt what puts you in jail. that and youll have some half way decent shit thought up when you do go out.

12. Fube

Fube Elite Member

u have to look at it like a mission. i mean graffiti is basicly like robbing a bank. u cant just run up, un organized, all shaky and shit and expect to have a good outcome. scope out your spots. watch em for a day or 2. get a feel for the best time to do tha do. some spots might be better in daylight, others are better at 12 am instaid of 6 am. take your time, be methodical. plan this shit like your trying to get away with murder.

but, no matter what your gunna be a nervious, clumzy, retarded mess your first time out. this is just a fact. so your first street hit should be somwhere thats not the hottest spot in the damn town. start from the ground up. crawl before u walk.

if your going out u should have practiced a bit, so u know how long u need, how much paint u need (nothing worse then running out of your fill color on the last GOD DAMN LETTER), how much light u need.

and lasly, always have an escape route. what if they run up on your escape route? have a 2nd or even 3rd route. remember, cops are not your only enemy out here, most writers have a zero tollerance for toys or people they dont know killin spots. there has been meny times i wish a cop would have rolled up on me then some crew. cops are much nicer.

also, dont do the toy shit like blow spots, sidebust, leave your cans and trash at the spot, ect...

thats about the best advice i can give a first timer.

good luck.

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

^^thats good advice^^^

what up fube, havent seen many of your posts lately

14. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

Use a plastic bag to carry cans,it's less supicious than a backpack trust me

15. Gort

Gort Member

Yea. It doesn't really matter where you start off.

16. Fube

Fube Elite Member

lots a work, little time.

but im gettin back into it.;)

17. thephillafromma

thephillafromma Senior Member

Like everyone said i already want it off the wall lol it was terrible butt got the first time jitters out now im ready for more

18. cigarette

cigarette Senior Member

the most important thing you must learn young training jedi. is to

NOT GET CAUGHT

if this happens within ur first few months... chances r ull say fuckit...

young heiroku.. you must first master the attack of the NINJA
    :cool: Stealth. Paranoia. and Panarama..

once u are aware of these factors. you are ready to venture into the world
    the world of warcraft....

i meant graffiti..

19. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

20. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

bring a sandwich, you always get hungry at the end of a night out